Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
raptor petcock question (Read 90 times)
sbaugz
Ex Member

raptor petcock question
04/18/11 at 05:10:07

So I am thinking of doing the raptor conversion on my bike. Its the RYCA CS-1. I was just wondering if the dimensions and profile of the raptor -vs- the OEM style one are similar. Without having my tank back yet, I am just trying to figure out if this mod will work on my tank with it being modified and dropped down further into the frame. If the profile and size of the two are the same, then I guess it doesn't matter.

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Re: raptor petcock question
Reply #1 - 04/18/11 at 06:03:14

My guess is since the stock petcock works, then a Raptor one will work too.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #2 - 04/18/11 at 06:30:32

I remember the Raptor reduced that annoying hang-up when trying to remove the stock tank; it does not it stick toward the frame as much.  It didn't seem to hang down any lower either, so it should work fine on a lowered tank.  

Caveat: If Ryca adds a flange or anything to the bottom of the tank, that could possibly get in the way of the valve.. for example you can't just stick a Raptor on a DRZ tank, which has a different flange.  The Raptor is pretty close to the bottom of the tank.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #3 - 04/18/11 at 07:31:58

Rather than just guessing, I dragged out the two petcocks to compare. As you can see, the intake tubes on the Raptor petcock are about a half inch shorter than the stock petcock. Also, the distance from the mounting surface to the dial is a little longer on the Raptor petcock. So everything should fit fine.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 12:26:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › raptor petcock question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.