Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
TORNADOES 2011 (AL, GA & Company) be ready! (Read 443 times)
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: TORNADOES!! Everyone ok in MS, IL, OK, AR, AL,
Reply #15 - 04/18/11 at 10:13:09

mick wrote on 04/18/11 at 09:55:55:
THE SOUTH, the most religious part of the U.S.A. One would think all places to be spared the south would get top billing.
How about all gathering at your local church,that should be safe.
Ooops thats no good ,I mean praying to the guy that could have stopped it in the first place, is not very smart.

Mick, I am amazed at your ability to turn any topic into a rant against religion.  It seems to me you spend a lot of time and energy thinking and talking about something you do not believe in.  That is just my observation.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #16 - 04/18/11 at 12:58:53

prechermike wrote on 04/18/11 at 10:13:09:
mick wrote on 04/18/11 at 09:55:55:
THE SOUTH, the most religious part of the U.S.A. One would think all places to be spared the south would get top billing.
How about all gathering at your local church,that should be safe.
Ooops thats no good ,I mean praying to the guy that could have stopped it in the first place, is not very smart.

Mick, I am amazed at your ability to turn any topic into a rant against religion.  It seems to me you spend a lot of time and energy thinking and talking about something you do not believe in.  That is just my observation.

Gotta say I'm with Mike on this one.  C'mon Mick, if you don't feel bad for these people and don't want to "pray" for them, that's your perrogative, but don't be a downer when we have folks to be concerned about.  

I hope everyone is ok and stays ok.  I checked on a friend of mine in Garner, NC this morning.  Her hubby and family are fine, although there was alot of damage around her.  We had and are having some pretty rough storms in my area too, thankfully no confirmed twisters yet.  Spent 3 days last week without electric at home, but had it at work (wish it had been the other way around!)

My thoughts and prayers are for us all.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #17 - 04/18/11 at 17:28:32

Mike & Piglet,
Like you guys I feel just as bad as you do about people being hurt or killed, I feel terrable for the people of Japan as well.
It just annoys me to see you (or hear you) pray to the god that caused it in the first place,and being omnipotent could have stopped it.
So please tell me why you do, And please none of the old
"God works in mysteriuos ways".

As for me I just hope with all my heart that not to many people get hurt,or killed.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #18 - 04/19/11 at 06:36:47

Didn't mean to sound like I don't think you care Mick.  I know you do.  Just pointing out that you have a way of turning things around all the time.  

If there is no God, then how can you say God causes it all?  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #19 - 04/19/11 at 09:00:23

Theres where Mick is a little mixed up God didn't cause them Tornadoes by him self the Devil made him to it. Cool

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #20 - 04/19/11 at 09:45:12

mick wrote on 04/18/11 at 17:28:32:
Mike & Piglet,
Like you guys I feel just as bad as you do about people being hurt or killed, I feel terrable for the people of Japan as well.
It just annoys me to see you (or hear you) pray to the god that caused it in the first place,and being omnipotent could have stopped it.
So please tell me why you do, And please none of the old
"God works in mysteriuos ways".

As for me I just hope with all my heart that not to many people get hurt,or killed.

Mick,

You missed my point. I certainly do not think you want to see folks hurt or killed, I have no doubt about your concern or compassion for those in Japan or anywhere else there might be a disaster.

I am simply pointing out your tendency to turn many threads into a rant against religion.  I am simply asking that you be respectful towards those of us who believe, as others are to you and your position.  For example, when folks ask for prayers on behalf of themselves and others, I will respond to them.  I also usually send a PM with a prayer, a note of encouragement and an offer of whatever I can do to help in the situation, as well.  I have never tried to force my opinions on the forum.  For example, when your father was sick, your son was injured in his accident and you had your surgeries, I did not flood the thread or your inbox with prayers.  I did not post “Praise the Lord’s” when your son recovered or your health showed improvements.  (Though you do not know what was prayed or by whom in those cases, either.)  My point is, the believers here have respected your position.  All I ask is that you show us the same respect.

The “Guidelines” thread in the café section states, “highly divisive topics (including, but not limited to politics and religion) are to be avoided.  The current divisiveness is counterproductive to the community of this site and such posts/threads will be subject to removal.”  I know there is a “Tall Table” thread that contains such things.  For those that enjoy such discussions, I am glad it is there.  I personally simply avoid that thread.  I know we do not live in a perfect world, I know things are said all over that I do not care to hear, I usually just move on.  I am simply asking that those issues be kept in the place that is appropriate.  Again, please respect us and our positions as we respect you and yours.  

I have said before I am not going to engage in debates on this forum.  I have offered to share my thoughts and my faith and some have taken me up.  I am deeply appreciative of those people and those opportunities.  

As I read this post, I am afraid I may be guilty of hijacking this thread.  That was not my intention and I apologize to Stimpy and the others.  I just felt the need to take my stand.

Mike

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #21 - 04/19/11 at 10:07:47

The garden of Eden was in Iraq,But the first people weren't Adam and Eve,The first people were from Africa,You know the people that the bible said should be slaves.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #22 - 04/19/11 at 15:03:37

babyhog wrote on 04/19/11 at 06:36:47:
Didn't mean to sound like I don't think you care Mick.  I know you do.  Just pointing out that you have a way of turning things around all the time.  

If there is no God, then how can you say God causes it all?  

you are quite right Piglet,there is no god and he did not cause the weather to get violent,I know that.
But believers think so, otherwise why would they pray to him ? or her.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #23 - 04/19/11 at 17:13:45

To get back on topic: I have sympathy and well wishes for those who have been affected by these tornadoes. In 1984 a "skipping" tornado hit our condominium complex while skipping through the neighborhood. It completely demolished one block of row houses and severely damaged some others. It did some amazing things. It stripped off every single shingle and half of the aluminum siding. We had a shingle pushed half way through our back door, just as if a saw had cut a slit through the door and the shingle had been inserted there. A piece of aluminum siding was pushed 4' into the ground and was perfectly straight when we pulled it out. Twigs and sticks were pushed into trees as if a hole had been drilled first. Most of the windows in a 5 bock radius were broken, including every single window in a large apartment complex behind us. They were getting glass from as far away as Florida to replace it as there wasn't enough in eastern Canada. Trucks were flipped over. Those roofs that weren't destroyed outright were picked up , shifted about 6" and set down. This happened on the Saturday of the Labour Day long weekend. On the Sunday some Mennonite representatives came and offered to have 100 people on site on Monday to help us rebuild free of charge! Our insurance broker turned them down, as they were not insured contractors. At that time we were the only condo in London that had tornado insurance. One person was injured (not seriously) when a wall fell on her.
And Mick: as much as we respect your opinion on religion we are getting tired of your song and dance every time someone says "pray for", whether we believe in God or not.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
tcreeley

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 04/19/11 at 17:42:20

"you are quite right Piglet,there is no god and he did not cause the weather to get violent,I know that.
But believers think so, otherwise why would they pray to him ? or her."

Right on target with that!" Smiley

tcreeley

it is what it is
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #25 - 04/21/11 at 15:17:41

Getting back to the original question -- I'm here in Missouri and I'm OK!

Of course, I was in California when the twisters came to visit.

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #26 - 04/22/11 at 03:38:33

One tornadoe can wreck havoc on a town,
yet for so many at one time to touch down
is almost unbelieveable. Yet it did happen.
Piglet I was worried about you gal and was
so nice to talk with you on the phone and
know you and yours survived those nasty
storms.
It allways amazes me how they touch down
and then spring back up. Hit one house and
not even touch another on the same block or
side of the street.
I do hope that others will chime in and let us
know all is ok with them as well.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #27 - 04/22/11 at 21:12:36

Spent much of this evening in the basement -- every time the sirens went off.  Oh well, cleaned up a few things, organized some of the tools and braced some shelving units that were starting to lean forward.

Finally took the portable DVD player down with me and started watching "The Bicycle Thief", an old Italian movie w/subtitles.  

My place is OK, probably be some downed tree limbs in our neighborhood, but the airport got kinda trashed.

Alas, the rest of the weekend forecast is for more thunderstorms!   :'(

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 04/23/11 at 19:52:33

Glad you are OK in St Louis. watched the video of the airport. Scary. Our sirens went off this evening here in central Ky.
Several funnels were spotted but none touched down thank God, yes I said THANK GOD!!!!

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #29 - 04/23/11 at 20:55:09

drharveys - FSO wrote on 04/22/11 at 21:12:36:
Spent much of this evening in the basement -- every time the sirens went off.  Oh well, cleaned up a few things, organized some of the tools and braced some shelving units that were starting to lean forward.

Finally took the portable DVD player down with me and started watching "The Bicycle Thief", an old Italian movie w/subtitles.  

My place is OK, probably be some downed tree limbs in our neighborhood, but the airport got kinda trashed.

Alas, the rest of the weekend forecast is for more thunderstorms!   :'(

Yes Doc that was a great movie,if you are into french movies may I recomend "The wages of fear" and    "Riffifi " not sure of the spelling on that, And  "Mon Uncle" and  "Mess; Hulot's holiday" two very funny movies.
The reason I found that these movies are so refreshing is That I have no idea who the actors are.they all look strangers. Not like looking at
Sinatra, tom cruise,etc

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:28:18

General CategoryThe Cafe › TORNADOES 2011 (AL, GA & Company) be ready!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.