Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
S40 Saddlebag installation (Read 217 times)
typowriter
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

S40 Saddlebag installation
04/16/11 at 16:55:01

Hi.  I just bought a new 2009 Suzuki S40. I found some Suzuki saddlebags (part #990A0-77014) online, but they didn't come with any mounting instructions. Can anyone help out? I do have the support brackets. Thanks!

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: S40 Saddlebag installation
Reply #1 - 04/17/11 at 03:41:10

They are supposed to be over the seat mounted, and wire tied to the brackets. This makes the pillion seat unusable (too hard)
What I did was take off the seat, cut out a square on one side of the over the seat strap to avoid the regulator, and tighten up the strap they supply.
At first I tried velcro to attach the bags to the brackets, because the loops on the bags were now too low to make sense as an attachment point. That didn't hold well, so I drilled holes in the bags and bolted them to the brackets using wing nuts. That worked a charm.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
typowriter
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/17/11 at 13:31:44

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see how that fits.

IP Logged
BrettKeiselsbeard

2007 S-40, 2003
GZ250

Sebastian Fl
Reply #3 - 04/17/11 at 16:13:02

As already stated, they are over the seat, just put them on the rear seat. I have the stock bags and since I ride solo its no big deal. I use nylon stringing to attach to the brackets. They hold well but also release the knots relatively easy for cleaning and such.   Cool

2007 2/3 spacer, 150 main, 55 pilot, dyna muffler, K&N box, cateye tail, mustang fender bib, GZ250 seat.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #4 - 04/18/11 at 13:31:30

If you put them over the seat they are pretty easy to steal, and look awful.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
IN-S40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Michigan City, IN
Reply #5 - 04/21/11 at 06:40:26

I have a set of the OEM bags and I mount them under the seat. Just make a snall notch out for the rectifier so it doesnt cover it up. I'm going to be getting a different set soon tho, I got the OEM's with the bike when I bought it and I really dont care for them to much. They are very narrow around 3.5" if I remember right and they dont hold much. From looking around most seem to run around 6" wide like the ones on my girlfriends bike, hold much more and are easier to get stuff in and out. Just an FYI...

Darren

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:23:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › S40 Saddlebag installation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.