Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Special request for Skatnbnc.... (Read 3480 times)
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Re: Special request for Skatnbnc....
Reply #120 - 06/07/11 at 16:57:39

Silly Ogre wrote on 06/07/11 at 11:13:51:
Ok laying down the gauntlet...I will shave my head to join Skate with the hair loss...Who else is with me?...I will post the pic also after completed...

Well, I didn't shave my head, but last week I took about 13" off to donate, which would be enough to leave some people bald. Grin  Used to be down to my beer gut (although I don't drink Undecided), now just down to my shoulders.  MUCH less hassle when I go riding. Cheesy

Before and after pics:http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1306879848

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #121 - 06/07/11 at 17:08:44

Had mine cut already and started growing it out for another donate cycle. But, if Skat would like black/brown/grey/silver, I can grow it back and cut it for her... Suppose I can ditch the SS officer's cut and get a buzz cut, but none of my helmets will fit.

Well crap, I can't find the photo now. There is an old thread that has before and after from when I had it cut in 07. Serious metal head hair.

Lisa made her Dad take the Bug battery out of the Kubota today. And they started tilling for fall squash/pumpkins, a 4th variety of sweet corn (burgundy kernels) and fall salad stuff (greens, lettuce, cabbage, etc). We have somewhere in the vicinity of 100 heirloom tomatoes, they are very good for chemo patients... A/C at the guest facilities confirmed working...

I'll start stockpiling Bug customizing supplies when I get a couple checks under my belt. Have some back bills to kill off.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #122 - 06/07/11 at 18:32:56

Driller wrote on 06/06/11 at 05:09:06:
Dear Lady,
A few glasses of Port and tankards of ale were raised in your honor at a recent event. Thoughts of health and well being come to you from your "History" friends as well.
YMHS

AWESOME - thanks!  Smiley

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #123 - 06/07/11 at 18:37:51

Silly Ogre wrote on 06/07/11 at 11:28:58:
As a bonus I included a pic of one of my twins on their first bike...

Whats totally COOL is that you can see she is SMILING even with all that helmet going on!  Smiley

And I want to put pink in my hair when it comes back like Snakelady - whoot!  Cool

And WD - sounds like a great meal in the making  Smiley

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #124 - 06/07/11 at 19:50:27

Hey, why not post in pink for Skat on this thread. Cheesy

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #125 - 06/07/11 at 21:44:33

Pink!....

Grin Grin Grin...

Keep fighting, Skatergirl... Kiss...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #126 - 06/08/11 at 13:12:25

OK, now that smiles have been mentioned, a moment of seriousness.

Mouth care for chemo (and several other drug regimes):

You're going to have some really dry mouth -- that can lead to major dental problems in a hurry.  So keep up the oral hygiene!  You may need to shift products -- a lot of the mint flavors and "tartar control" ingredients can be irritating and painful to dry, fragile tissue.  Also, use saliva substitutes.  It's not just the liquid part that's lost, it's also the "snotty" part that's suppressed by the chemo.  And see if you can get a scrip for some high fluoride toothpaste.  

OK, professional rant is over -- let's ride!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #127 - 06/08/11 at 13:15:42

Snotty part?...  
Thanks Doc,...
 Tongue...

« Last Edit: 06/09/11 at 19:19:18 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #128 - 06/08/11 at 13:16:55

drharveys - FSO wrote on 06/08/11 at 13:12:25:

Mouth care for chemo (and several other drug regimes):

You're going to have some really dry mouth -- that can lead to major dental problems in a hurry.  So keep up the oral hygiene!  You may need to shift products -- a lot of the mint flavors and "tartar control" ingredients can be irritating and painful to dry, fragile tissue.  Also, use saliva substitutes.  It's not just the liquid part that's lost, it's also the "snotty" part that's suppressed by the chemo.  And see if you can get a scrip for some high fluoride toothpaste.  

Interesting info, doc.  I surely never thought about it before.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #129 - 06/08/11 at 15:05:32

Skat, your patch took a 100 mile ride with me through the Missouri River bottom lands today. Always gets a few looks and a chance to remind folks its time to beat this thing! Mighty pretty country, but the river's getting a little too close to the edge of its banks. That little bike still SINGS at 65mpg!  Wink

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #130 - 06/09/11 at 19:00:08

drharveys - FSO wrote on 06/08/11 at 13:12:25:

Mouth care for chemo (and several other drug regimes)...

Thank you for caring enough to post this because I do know people who were never told and had dental issues LONG after the cancer was kicked.

In my case I have an AWESOME dentist whom I went and saw right before my chemo started for a full review, cleaning and a presciption for that special toothpaste. He also gave me a special toothbrush with super super soft side bristles that do not irritate the gums.

As a result of using those items and drinking LOTS of water, even by my bed at night, things have been very good with my mouth and teeth.

I have my 6 month appointment in August, and they said if I need to come in earlier with any problems, to just walk in. They also said they can make flouride trays if things get bad (which they have not thankfully!).
I am grateful that I have a dentist like you who thinks of these things BEFORE they get to be an issue.
Smiley

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #131 - 06/09/11 at 19:02:57

Southpaw wrote on 06/08/11 at 15:05:32:
Skat, your patch took a 100 mile ride with me through the Missouri River bottom lands today. Always gets a few looks and a chance to remind folks its time to beat this thing! Mighty pretty country, but the river's getting a little too close to the edge of its banks. That little bike still SINGS at 65mpg!  Wink

WHOOT - awesome!  Cool
I actually RODE today! This is the first time this week - I've been having trouble with anemia and fatigue; not a good combo for riding.
It felt great to be out and I hope you all had some fun too. I dont know about y'all but it was 100 degrees humid here today....I kept moving just to stay cool!

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #132 - 06/09/11 at 19:05:01

scroop wrote on 06/09/11 at 18:02:46:
God bless you Skat, you certainly do have a battle on your hands.  I don't know what else to do but offer encouraging words, prayer, and tote the pink.    

If anyone is interested in wearing a pink silicone wristband debossed with "Skat" let me know.  I can get them to you for $2 each if I order ten.  http://24hourwristbands.com/order-custom-silicone-wristbands/ )
Also, 2"X4" pink ribbon magnets for the scooter with "Skat" printed on them for $5 if I order ten.  ( http://www.supportourribbons.com/custom-ribbon-magnet-sticker/37459/Skat )
Those were the best prices that I could find on personalized items and wanted to ask all of you before ordering my own.  ---Scroop        

I want a wristband - is it too weird for me to wear one too? I just love the idea, it promotes awareness and of course...its PINK!  Cheesy

IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #133 - 06/09/11 at 19:15:54

No it's not Skat. I wear one with my wife's name on it.  There is nothing wrong with it.

And yes it promotes awareness.

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #134 - 06/09/11 at 19:22:55

Okay, high five to ya then.

As for you Mr burned leg; if you can, get the Tefla pads (non-stick) to use so that your pants do not rub on the burn and irriate it.
You can coat the burn with aloe, then tape the Tefla pad in place and it should stay all day.
Careful in the shower - dont run hot water over the burn.
Shave your leg around the burn so the tape doesnt rip it out when you change bandages.
I'm probably sounding like a mom now...sorry!  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:23:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › Special request for Skatnbnc....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.