Send Topic Print
Fuel mixture (Read 255 times)
Bernard2011
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Fuel mixture
Reply #15 - 04/17/11 at 05:33:48

I had changed my spark-plug and put in a K&N air filter, now every time I come to a stop my engine stalls.  I should say I can maybe stop once with out a problem, but after I get around the block once or twice it will stall every time I try to come to a stop, not even a complete stop at that and it stalls.  Help please, I am a newbie, and was pleased at my self when I changed the spark-plug.  My savage is a 2003 with less than 10,000 miles.

IP Logged
psi357
YaBB Newbies

Doesn't mater what
you ride, just ride!

Dartmouth, MA
Reply #16 - 04/17/11 at 06:39:09

Bernard2011 wrote on 04/17/11 at 05:33:48:
I had changed my spark-plug and put in a K&N air filter, now every time I come to a stop my engine stalls.  I should say I can maybe stop once with out a problem, but after I get around the block once or twice it will stall every time I try to come to a stop, not even a complete stop at that and it stalls.  Help please, I am a newbie, and was pleased at my self when I changed the spark-plug.  My savage is a 2003 with less than 10,000 miles.

You should start a new thread for a new question, you'll get a lot more attention.  I do not have any Savage experience ......yet  Wink.  I do have bike experience and have always paired a K&N filter with a freer flowing exhaust and bigger jets.  If you just did a K&N filter only, you let in a lot more air and it will throw out your air fuel ratio making you lean.  You MAY get away with adjusting you air fuel screw but I'm not sure.  I'd post a new thread and someone with the actual experience can give you a definite answer.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 04/17/11 at 07:43:18

Bernard2011 wrote on 04/17/11 at 05:33:48:

If your carb is tuned right, turn up the idle speed.
low idle results in almost no oil pressure.
not good for the head.

WWW   IP Logged
LS-Rich

If it ain't
broke.... Make it
longer!!

Omaha, Nebraska
Reply #18 - 04/17/11 at 08:45:01

IN-S40 wrote on 04/15/11 at 04:40:27:
Since I was was planning on working on the girlfriends bike last night I picked up a new plug for our bikes. Did the girlfriends bike first and plug looked normal, slightly brown on the tip. Pulled my plug and got this:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/cncdarren/suzuki/8ec9750e.jpg
I'm thinking this is pretty lean??? Carb has stock pilot jet and a 150 main, i'm running a harley softail muffler. I run seafoam in the gas so I would think the carb should be fairly clean...  Huh   What do you guys think?

Darren
IN-S40

Plugs don't lie. Go up one size on the main. No dought about it. I think there is a 152.5.  If not the 155 will be good.

1987 Long Savage, 2006 crf450r
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 04:23:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fuel mixture

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.