New rear tire (Read 82 times)
kevin r.
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
New rear tire
04/11/11 at 17:28:53

Will this tire work as a direct replacement rear tire?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUNLOP-K177-TOURING-HONDA-PC800-REAR-TIRE-140-...

Thanks

Kevin

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: New rear tire
Reply #1 - 04/11/11 at 18:03:15

Seems to be the right size but I'd be more concerned about the "new old stock".  How old?  There is a date code on tires, you could figure out Dunlops coding and/or ask the seller for the code.  Would this concern anyone else?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #2 - 04/11/11 at 19:47:24

Not familiar with the K177 designation but I do run the Dunlop K555 Honda PC800 version on my 96 bagger and have been very happy with them. Also getting a date code is important as you don't want a tire that is already 5 years old. I believe there is a federal law about to be passed regarding the sale of outdated tire stock. I think 5-7 years old is the area of the time limits depending on the application. At the starting price of $50 and $35 freight I think you are close to a new tire on sale $, if there is any question.

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Reply #3 - 04/11/11 at 19:54:09

You can get a new pirelli or bridgestone for that combined price shipped on eBay

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 04/11/11 at 20:54:39

Old rubber from someones hot warehouse is just as old as the rubber sitting on a rim in your hot garage. The stuff that makes rubber pliable drifts away, like the stuff that makes a new dash in a car pliable goes away over time. KNow when the rubber was molded or dont buy it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
kevin r.
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
Reply #5 - 04/12/11 at 10:47:47

Thanks for the input guys! I guess I won't be buying it unless he can give me a production date or the code. I just thought it might be easier and cheaper to get the tire already mounted seeing as mounting and balancing is close to $50!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 09:44:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New rear tire

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.