Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
after market brake and shift levers (Read 371 times)
manitoulinbob
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: after market brake and shift levers
Reply #15 - 04/19/11 at 19:21:47

will get her on the bike this weekend and check to see if a change in the seating position would make a change for the better.  if it looks like it could be the solution, or part of the solution, i will send you a message about the seat.  thanks for the offer, it is appreciated.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #16 - 04/19/11 at 19:30:05

That brake pedal can be adjusted you can bring it back a little,Look at it and you will see how to bring it back.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #17 - 04/20/11 at 05:40:56

Here are the ones from J&P Cycles that a few people have used.  http://www.jpcycles.com/product/5500000   Inexpensive and good looking, and easy enough to adapt to the bike, I believe.  

But... how does she feel about floorboards?  I love the way they look and thought about buying some, but decided I feel better control with my boot "hooked" on a peg, being a smaller female, I guess.  But maybe that's just me.  I'd let her decide.  Options are all good though.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #18 - 04/20/11 at 11:37:29

Do her riding boots have heels? If so, the pegs would naturally fall into the instep. So maybe flat-soled boots are an answer. That way she'd have more options where her feet could rest, putting more of her toe area on/under the levers.

Or you could try building up the top of the pegs so her feet rest where she needs them.

Or you could have someone like a wrought iron guy bend up some custom pegs -- ones that have a jog in them.

But the cut-weld-rechrome option seems the easiest.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
manitoulinbob
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 04/24/11 at 18:02:05

tried the suggested adjustment (made by Bill67) today and adjusted the setting screw on the brake lever.  using the screw i moved the brake lever up towards the peg as much as it would go.  not much of a change, but just enough so that at least the toe of her boot now connects solidly with the brake pedal.  could still use a further tweaking, but for now at least she is out and riding.   Smiley   will still look at a custom mod on the brake and shift levers for for the moment this is workable.  thanks guys.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #20 - 04/25/11 at 04:15:19

You can get a little rubber brake pad made for a ford emergence brake petal that you can glue on that works good and makes it a little closer and looks good.Most auto stores carry them.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:24:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › after market brake and shift levers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.