Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Happiness is (Read 271 times)
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Happiness is
04/06/11 at 08:08:24

Happiness is.....When you ex calls to tell you he will be over one day this week to get the riding mower started and cut the grass for you...
and you just smile and say "no thank you" the mower is out of the shed, the battery has been charged up, the flat has been fixed and the grass has been cut!!!
Any thing boys can do girls have already gotten done Cool

I'm not man bashing, just stating facts!!

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Re: Happiness is
Reply #1 - 04/06/11 at 08:57:41

happiness would be.......the day my girlfriend got the mower out of the shed, charge up the battery, fix the flat and cut the grass.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #2 - 04/06/11 at 13:45:06

We live in the country and mow about 4 acres around our house.  I haven't mowed in at lesat 3 years - my wife does it.

My daughter's business is about 2 miles from our house - she had an entry door that wsa out of square and had to close and lock.  One evening about 6 months ago I noticed my wife loading her tool kit into her car, and when I asked her where she was going, she said she was heading over there to square up the jamb of that door so it would close properly.  Door works perfectly now.

We have at least 3 drawers in our kitchen that my wife has rebuilt so they open and close smoothly.

Two years ago for a Christmas stocking stuffer she asked for an old fashioned hand drill, for little jobs where it's hard to get the electric drill to work in.

All true - I couldn't have it better.  And she does these things after working at least 60 hours a week at her own business.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #3 - 04/06/11 at 14:50:58

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 04/06/11 at 13:45:06:
We live in the country and mow about 4 acres around our house.  I haven't mowed in at lesat 3 years - my wife does it.

My daughter's business is about 2 miles from our house - she had an entry door that wsa out of square and had to close and lock.  One evening about 6 months ago I noticed my wife loading her tool kit into her car, and when I asked her where she was going, she said she was heading over there to square up the jamb of that door so it would close properly.  Door works perfectly now.

We have at least 3 drawers in our kitchen that my wife has rebuilt so they open and close smoothly.

Two years ago for a Christmas stocking stuffer she asked for an old fashioned hand drill, for little jobs where it's hard to get the electric drill to work in.

All true - I couldn't have it better.  And she does these things after working at least 60 hours a week at her own business.

I'm amazed you have the balls to tell us that,you do have balls don't you Jerry?  When you go out for dinner does your wife open the limo /car door for you ? and pick up the check?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #4 - 04/06/11 at 20:38:27

And why shouldn't a woman know how
to fix things?
Why should she have to wait for a man
to do it for her?
The same for men. Why should a man
not do dishes, laundry, grocery shopping?
Each sex should know how to do things for
themselves and not feel that  a particular job
is only for a man or woman.
Jerry, give your wife a nice kiss, I do hope you
got her that drill.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 04/06/11 at 20:44:23

Geeze, Mick... pointing out all the ways you are wrong would wear out thise poor keyboard..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #6 - 04/06/11 at 21:42:23

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/06/11 at 20:44:23:
Geeze, Mick... pointing out all the ways you are wrong would wear out thise poor keyboard..

I have washed more dishes than you have ever eaten off.
My last wife couldn't cook,never made the bed ,never did the yard, didn't know what end of a screwdriver was the business end, the vacuum cleaner was just a neusence ,she had to go outside when I used it,the noise .
So please  don't give me your sh1t, BTW I have been married 6 times
not one wife could cook ,except one, the only thing she could cook was spaggetti,it just so happens I hate spaggetti.
And they all quit work once we got married.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #7 - 04/07/11 at 06:03:26

Kim -

As empty nesters now, we don't eat many meals at home, since we both have businesses.  But when we do, I cook more often than not, and I always clean up the kirchen.

And yes, I give her a big hig and kiss every opportunity.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 04/07/11 at 20:01:45

[quote author=7C78727A6579747D787C7468110 link=1302102504/0#6 date=1302151343]justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/06/11 at 20:44:23:
I have washed more dishes than you have ever eaten off.
My last wife couldn't cook,never made the bed ,never did the yard, didn't know what end of a screwdriver was the business end, the vacuum cleaner was just a neusence ,she had to go outside when I used it,the noise .
So please  don't give me your sh1t, BTW I have been married 6 times
not one wife could cook ,except one, the only thing she could cook was spaggetti,it just so happens I hate spaggetti.

Mick, sure it wasn't you?

As for the women issue...my granddad used to say, "You let them VOTE, and next they will want to eat at the same table!"

Now as for me...I would be perfectly happy to be a "Kept Man".

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 04/07/11 at 20:54:23

mick wrote on 04/06/11 at 21:42:23:

And what about this touching tale?
mick wrote on 02/17/11 at 14:55:52:
Spare the rod ,spoil the child.
My ex was a teacher,a 40 hr week was never heard of ,lesson plans,grading exams and tests ,even I helped out making stuff in my workshop,and whatever I made I hade to make 32 of them.
She worked in a very poor school district ,the kids wore the same cloths every day to school, I often spent my own mony bying stuff at goodwill for the kids,I ould bring in a big box and tell the kids to help themselves.I think the parents thought it was the schools job to clothe the kids.My wife also had to run to the show the minute she got home in case of lice , I guess it's an easy Job jerry ,I don't think they get nearly enough pay,I wouldn't do it.

I guess you weren't married to your wife at the time.

WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #10 - 04/07/11 at 21:30:43

All the years we were married she worked two as a teacher.
Anything else Shirlock holmes ?
She was a waitress when we got married she quit work two weeks later and went to collage to get her batchelors degree in art,asked me for 5 years to make a living at art ,20 years later she is still trying.
You must check everything I say,sure reminds me of the dreaded SS
watchdog guy,you have been sleeping for a while,don't forget I have a memory too. Wink

mickrowe37   IP Logged
prsavage

atgatt

Nanaimo BC
Reply #11 - 04/08/11 at 00:23:15

Lawn mowing stories - I have a few.  This ones the worst.  It is a bit long but well worth the read, if for no other reason than to serve as a warning.

I had let the grass get a bit long and my wife (now exwife) had been asking (nagging) me to get it cut.  Well I took too long I guess cuz I came home from work and the lawn had a strip mowed from the shed straight into a stump.  The mower was still sitting there but now it was incapable of doing any mowing.  This was a very good machine. a walk behind with 4 forward speeds and a reverse.  Twin blade 33" cut mulching deck with infinite adjust height crank handle.  Caster front wheels and turf tire rears. 8.5 hp engine with a key start.

She had run it full speed into the stump.

The damage was bad.  The deck had bent back slightly so one of the blades cut right into it and stopped.  The other blade kept spinning and beat the hell out of the first blade.  The drive gear split, the toothed belt ripped, both blades' bearing mounts broke.  Luckily the engine and transmission were both fine.  I took off the broken parts and found a day to go (by ferry) to the nearest service rep.  I started to list off all the parts I needed and he actually stopped writing, his jaw dropped and then he asked "what the hell did you do?!?"  I explained that my wife tried to mow.  He said "that was a big mistake now wasn't it."

I bought all the parts except the deck.  Turns out that alone was $800.  I decided I could beat it back into shape.  I got the mower running again almost as good as new.

About three months later I had let the grass get a bit long and my wife(now exwife) had been asking (nagging) me to get it cut.  Well I took too long I guess cuz I came home from work and the lawn had a strip mowed from the shed straight into a stump.  The mower was still sitting there but now it was incapable of doing any mowing.

Jeez this sounds really familliar.  

Yup, same damage.  Back to the same store.  Man I just love spending my day doing a round trip on the ferry.  I started to list the needed parts to the same parts guy and he literally drops his pencil looks up in disbelief and says "you did it again?!?"  This time I bought a set of spare parts as well.

I didn't want her to touch the mower ever again after that.  But she did.  It is a story for another time but it is almost as bad as this one.

Now I'm not sayin' women can't be handy.  My wife now is very handy and has been known to mow the lawn once in a while for me and I really appreciate it.  I strongly suspect that these previous instances had little to do with mowing and more to do with sending me a message.

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 04/08/11 at 00:28:07

Women! You gotta love um, because it's still against the law to bury them in a hole in the back yard!

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #13 - 04/08/11 at 04:04:07

stinger wrote on 04/08/11 at 00:28:07:
Women! You gotta love um, because it's still against the law to bury them in a hole in the back yard!

Grin Grin Grin

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #14 - 04/08/11 at 06:29:15

Haven't any of you heard the saying "if a woman's vibrator could mow the lawn we wouldn't need men at all"   Grin  Grin  So we learn how to mow.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 21:05:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Happiness is

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.