Dial-aJet tuning. (Read 107 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Dial-aJet tuning.
04/02/11 at 04:33:46

I installed a Dial-a-Jet onto a completely stock carb. The bike is an '07 with a K&N filter and Raask exhaust. I live at about 1000' altitude.
I took it out for some test runs yesterday at 45 deg F. First at one notch rich: still some backfire and a bit of surging from 1500 to 2500 rpm.
Then full rich: backfires occasionally (little pops, not kapows like it was), a wee bit of hesitation right off the line, but after that much smoother right through the rpm range. The pipe is a little sooty though, and the exhaust is brand new.
Am I in the ball park? Undecided

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Dial-aJet tuning.
Reply #1 - 04/21/11 at 09:56:49

bump

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 04/21/11 at 14:46:33

WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 04/21/11 at 16:59:41

Thanks for the replies, guys. After reading all the stuff I could find on the forum after a search, I can re-define my question:
Since Raask recommends a #50 pilot and #155 main jets, And I am running a stock carb with #145 main and #52.5 pilot, I am pretty sure I need to re-jet in addition to the Dial-a-Jet. #155 down to #145 is four jet sizes down (I think) which is beyond the ability of the DAJ to correct, and serious trouble if the DAJ quits working.
I think maybe Sivert at Raask mixed up his numbers with the pilot jet. Stock is #52.5 and I am currently at 2 1/2 turns out. Would I not need to go up a size? To #55 pilot? (if that's the next size up).
I was thinking I should go one size up on the pilot (#55?) and up to a #150 or #152.5 on the main.
Is this correct? Huh

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:15:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dial-aJet tuning.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.