Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bleed holes or no bleed holes (Read 90 times)
KNOCKDOLIAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bleed holes or no bleed holes
03/29/11 at 12:17:48

What is the difference betwreen idle jets with bleed holes and no bleed holes. (please dont tell me holes Smiley) I assume with is richer but if so how much
Will a 47.5 with be richer than a 50 without?
Thanks

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Re: Bleed holes or no bleed holes
Reply #1 - 03/29/11 at 12:49:00

I changed mine from a stock 52.5 to a 52.5 with holes. There isn't much difference, except when I turn on an intersection, before it was kinda hard to be easy on the gas when there was sand or grit in the turn, or when it was wet. I often wound up twitching the rear wheel unintentionally, because between 0-1/8 throttle the power set in kinda rude, like an on/off switch. I found this makes me pretty uneasy, as I didn't wanna lay it down. With the other jet with holes, it is better. The power sets in more smooth, and no more twitching the rear. Now don't get me wrong, I ride hard and both my pegs have lost quiet some weight on the bottom, but that felt to me like I wasn't in control, no matter how easy I tried to be on the throttle. It is NOT the same. There was a thread on here that was talking about that the pilot jets with holes are supposed to exactly do just that. Having a smoother transition.

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #2 - 03/29/11 at 12:59:54

same here, I have 52.5 stock w/bleed holes. That was what I got in Lancer's kit. I'm a mile high so I didn't want to go too rich. To be honest I couldn't really tell a difference...somewhere in here I think Lancer had said the ones w/ bleed holes were less expensive...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #3 - 03/29/11 at 14:53:15

That's strange. You're a mile high, and I am at 700ft. I put in a 55 pilot and was waaay too rich.

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 03/30/11 at 06:56:12

The stock was 52.5, all I did was go w/ the bleed holes on the pilot. I have a pretty straight pipe (resonator but not really baffled) and a K&N drop in air filter which leaned it out but since these bikes are almost right at altitude I just added the bleed holes.
At one point I experimented with the enrichment spring (lighter) and it started smoking black like a refinery...I switched it back... Wink

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:15:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bleed holes or no bleed holes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.