Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ideas for good engine cleaner? (Read 89 times)
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
ideas for good engine cleaner?
03/23/11 at 15:36:17

After doing all the work to my bike I want to get the dirt and oil build up off of the engine and am looking for good suggestions (other than a powerwasher).  Are there any products on the market that people prefer over the others?  Thanks  Smiley

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Re: ideas for good engine cleaner?
Reply #1 - 03/23/11 at 16:57:01

well you can sprinkle some soap in her and ride her down the road i the rain!

"You are the choices you make in life..... I choose to Play Hard.... Ride Hard.... or Die Hard!"
Chopped BullChopped   IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #2 - 03/23/11 at 17:13:46

Grin  lol

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #3 - 03/23/11 at 19:39:05

Simple green works, there is a purple colored one out there, the citrus ones works but be careful around paint as some will discolor it. Some car soaps list degreasing as one of their attributes. One will work for you. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 03/23/11 at 20:25:05

For heavy grease Purple Power Like Max says works. It cleans about as good as Super Clean for a little less. Dawn d/w liquid will work overnight if put on a wet engine or sprayed in a mix. The best I have found is ArmorAll wheel cleaner, BUT ONLY for the front and bottom of the engine case with a plastic bristle hand brush. NOT recommended for clear coat, but may be ok. Just not brave enough to try it. But mostly I pick up Super Tech or any store brand engine cleaner and spray the fins on a warm engine. Let set for 5-10 minutes and hose off using regular carwash on the side cases and the rest.  Smiley  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 04:47:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › ideas for good engine cleaner?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.