Feul (Read 199 times)
truckinrider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

gulfcoast, ms
Feul
03/19/11 at 16:13:20

I think I saw somewhere about ethenol versus non-ethonal gas use I recently had Mike at Suzuki city Biloxi Ms. replace cam tentioner and chain it was streatched I meassured it myself and had head plug leak fixxed. Keeping track of my mpg I started at 44mpg 46mpg using high octain with the ethonal and just got 50.5 mpg using low octain non-ethnol. Am going 12 miles one way to from work/home usually around 40mph in third/fourth gear and once or twice for twelve miles going other way to friends house doing 70 on supper slab. Have 18inch slipstreemer for winter riding on. Which feul is better for stock bike no mechanical mods to bike yet. Plan on spacer and idle playing with idea of exhaust. Chain and tentioner at 21700 by the way.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Feul
Reply #1 - 03/19/11 at 16:42:35

Regular unleaded... no matter what mods you do, unless you increase the compression...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #2 - 03/19/11 at 17:51:16

Everyone gets less mileage with ethanol and ethanol-gasoline blends because it produces less power per volume, which causes drivers to push on the throttle more and riders to twist the throttle more.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
truckinrider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

gulfcoast, ms
Reply #3 - 03/20/11 at 05:58:31

Makes sense now and so-far mpg is climbing going to be a good day for a ride but instead going to watch the Navy Blue Angels flight team at the airshow in biloxi was able to see the golden knights dropp on my way home from work too bad i wasnt closer but will see it today.

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/20/11 at 18:52:11

Best to avoid the ethanol if you can.  It absorbs water, helps to rust out steel gas tanks and degrades the fuel faster.  Before storage try to top up with gas containing no ethanol.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #5 - 03/21/11 at 07:14:28

I'm in Wisconsin, between Milwaukee and Chicago. All the gas here has the Ethenol in it. It's a pollution thing. I run the regular unleaded. As you can see, I get 54 mpg. I do usually fill up when out riding, somewhere west of here. That gas is normal, so I run the mixed gas about 1/2 the time. Still pretty good mileage. I haven't done much as far as mechanical mods, other than a Harley muffler that leaks. Mixture screw is froze up at about 1 3/4 turns out. Going for a ride today--54 and sunny this afternoon. I will update mpg when I return.

Update: Aw dam I lost some mpg there. I need a new carb. I see I'm down to 52.3

« Last Edit: 03/21/11 at 12:43:08 by drums1 »  
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #6 - 03/21/11 at 07:44:08

MPG may be less, but on a trip 3 yrs ago, I burned both kinds across the country,  and there was no noticeable difference in my Motor Home getting 9.5 mpg.
A couple tenths less ?? Maybe, but it varies that much from tank to tank anyway.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
truckinrider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

gulfcoast, ms
Reply #7 - 03/21/11 at 18:09:16

Dont get much winterizing/storage a few days to a week or two at most. My 06 is my daily rider plus whatever riding I get in when not working. Only put 2500 miles on my pick-up all last year. And that included the 8 days I spent camping towing a Fithwheel camper.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 03:23:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Feul

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.