Send Topic Print
Poor dependability (Read 411 times)
Freddie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Poor dependability
Reply #15 - 03/29/11 at 10:15:13

I hate to sound so ignorant here but by asking for a clarification, it might prevent a later problem. Justin_o_guy2 made a comment:Low Idle RPM= Death.
Does that relate to the statement I made about turning the engine off if stuck in traffic rather than letting it idle?
Thanks.

IP Logged
OE

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Panama City, FL
Reply #16 - 03/29/11 at 10:29:13

From what I've read on this forum the oil pump just doesn't supply enough pressure to properly feed the top end if the idle speed is too low.  Keep it set to 1000 - 1200 rpm and it should be ok.  Shutting it off in traffic shouldn't be necessary, I wouldn't think.  I never do.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 03/29/11 at 12:01:36

OE wrote on 03/29/11 at 10:29:13:
Shutting it off in traffic shouldn't be necessary, I wouldn't think.  I never do.

If you've just pulled off the freeway on a hot day and you're confronted with a long light, desperately look for a way to keep moving.  You have to weigh the heat of the engine with the aspect of the light.  There are parts inside the engine that are much hotter than other parts of the engine they require cooling, oil or air to keep the rest of the engine from heating up.  W/o the engine running, there is no oil cooling.  W/o the bike rolling, there is no air cooling.  A dead bike is a radiator w/o a fan, just plain hot.  Now your cooler parts are taking the heat from the hotter parts, bbq legs anyone?

WWW   IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #18 - 03/29/11 at 12:21:40

Always debateable,.....slow down, smaller fire,..... you have less heat, but less cooling too.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:18:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Poor dependability

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.