Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
best/easiest way to get brighter headlights (Read 344 times)
krsanky
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: best/easiest way to get brighter headlights
Reply #15 - 03/18/11 at 18:12:29

I'm getting this for now:
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/330-752

but im also interested in seeing a write-up on a HID upgrade

thanks again

IP Logged
IN-S40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Michigan City, IN
Reply #16 - 03/18/11 at 20:07:17

Here a couple pics of the setup:

Here is a pic of a stock 03 on the right and my 05 with HID on the left. This is a 6000K bulb.

This small box is between the ballast and the bulb, simply zip tied to the exising wires.

I have the ballast mounted under the tank right above the engine. You can see the decomp selonoid right above it.

Overall look at the front setup.

There is also a relay that i have mounted under the seat so that the ballast draws its power straight from the battery and doesnt draw the power through the controls. The relay is included in the HID kit I bought and it was sugested to use one when I was looking at HID kits.

Once I get the kit in for the girlfriends bike I will do a full write up with photos..

Darren
IN-S40

IP Logged
Pannonia
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 03/19/11 at 08:15:51

Wondering if the main reason to get a brighter light is to see better, or be seen better. If it's the latter, I read somewhere that the best way to do this is to get a headlight modulator, which catches drivers attention by creating somewhat of a flicker in the headlamp. Any thoughts on this?

[of course, if the main reason is to see better at night - which is less interesting for me as I rarely ride at night - then the modulator is obviously not an answer...]

IP Logged
IN-S40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Michigan City, IN
Reply #18 - 03/19/11 at 10:52:50

The main reason I put in the HID was to see better in the early morning riding into work. However during daytime while riding i can sometimes see the light bouncing off the reflective street signs. My girlfriend said that when she is riding in front of me it does have a flickering look to it when you go over bumps in the road. So for me i think its a good deal all around, brighter light and it does seen to get noticed more duting the day.

Darren

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #19 - 03/19/11 at 13:06:55

My experience with the Piaa "plasma" bulb was: before installation I drove with the high beams on all the time. Once in a while oncoming traffic would flash their lights at night. Now , if I forget to turn tit back to low beam I almost always get flashed. I also bought a headlight modulator, but haven't had a chance to install it yet.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 12:18:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › best/easiest way to get brighter headlights

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.