Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: White-letter tires...yes or no?

yes  
  12 (44.4%)
no  
  15 (55.5%)

Total votes: 27
« Created by: saltwaterjoy on: 03/17/11 at 07:06:35 »

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A fun poll--White-letter tires....yes or no? (Read 151 times)
saltwaterjoy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

A fun poll--White-letter tires....yes or no?
03/17/11 at 07:06:35

Hello from east coast of Canada. I'm new to the forum although I've been reading a lot of the posts here for the past week or so. I'm what I call a "double newbee" as I'm also a new rider...(well, got my motorcycle license 2 years ago but no bike as of yet!) I found this forum while following the RYCA updates/posts and I'm amazed at the wealth of knowledge/support this group provides, not to mention the sheer size. (Who knew the humble Savage/S40 was so popular?) Anyway, I am posing this question for fun. I'm a huge fan of cafe racers and have seen several examples with white-letter tires (Karpy's CB750 site, among others) and really like the look of them. As I am hoping to very soon be the proud owner of a Savage and to join your noble ranks, I will most likely opt for a Ryca Kit. I'm just curious as to what everyone's opinion is on the look of white-letter tires in general, (not necessarily on a cafe racer). I realize that all this boils down to personal preference as well as the style of bike but that's why this is all in fun. Your thoughts/comments please.
Thanks

IP Logged
randyradio

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: A fun poll--White-letter tires....yes or no?
Reply #1 - 03/17/11 at 07:11:19

Wow the east coast of Canada?  That's like Nova Scotia? Right?  Well that would be a perfect venue for a Savage ride sometime a loop of that region is world class in the food, people and hospitality arenas.  And you speak pretty good
English to boot. Ha

Welcome to the list I've only been on a few months and am planning on doing a Ryca build and am currently on the wait list.  I found an 04 with 3800 mi for $1500 so that was ok.  This is a super group and some generous, patient-fun folks abound here.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #2 - 03/17/11 at 08:27:29

White letter tires on a bobber might be cool.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
saltwaterjoy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/17/11 at 09:35:13

Hey randyradio. You hit the proverbial nail on the head. I'm in Nova Scotia. Good call. I take it by your post that you've been through here before? Did you end up going around the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island? Absolutely STELLAR ride through the trail and the Highlands, but tons of twisty's all over the province. Us 'maritimers' are pretty proud of our food and hospitality and yes, we speak english right some friggin' good, wha?   Grin
Sounds like you found a good deal on your bike too. Low miles, fairly recent year and all for $1500! I'm shopping around, there is not much available around here for under $4500 for 06-08...although, I could have just found the ones that don't really want to part with their ride.   But I'm hoping there is one in my not-too-distant future.
Thanks for the post and nice to 'meet' you.

IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/17/11 at 10:01:08

A proper Cafe Racer needs RED letter tires.
Now "whitewalls" on a bobber...COOL!

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #5 - 03/17/11 at 20:08:36

About the only thing I'd use them on would be a '70s muscle car.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #6 - 03/17/11 at 21:06:46

If you want them, that is good.
Myself I don't want any thing
more to scrub and keep clean
than I already have..Smiley kim

IP Logged
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Reply #7 - 03/18/11 at 11:44:40

I find that the white lettering throws off my balance when I ride... not really... its either solid black or white walls!

"You are the choices you make in life..... I choose to Play Hard.... Ride Hard.... or Die Hard!"
Chopped BullChopped   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #8 - 03/18/11 at 18:39:13

I voted yes.
Glad to see another cafe racer lover, I dont ride anymore I have a deformed left hand, but I did sell my Savage before the hand screw up ,and got myself a 250 Kawazaki Ninja, pretty close to a cafe racer right off the showroom floor, they might be easier to come by than a Savage up there in the frozen north,We have another member near you and he just got himself a 250 ninja,still to cold to ride for him.
Also Midnightrider has a ninja. they are inexpensive but great fun to ride.If my hand ever got better I would get one in a heartbeat.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #9 - 03/19/11 at 03:47:46

Welcome aboard saltwaterjoy! With a tag like that, I would have pegged you as a fellow Newfoundlander! ... But you Bluenosers are OK too I guess Wink

BTW, white lettered tires are cool! Good luck with your Ryca build! Post lotsa pics! Cool

And randyradio ... Newfoundland is even MORE east coast of Kanuckistan than Nova Scotia ... also with great food, hospitality and scenic vistas ... but our English is mostly unitelligable to outsiders ... so ya might not want to come any further east than Nova Scotia Wink

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:19:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › A fun poll--White-letter tires....yes or no?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.