Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re-Jet - where to get the parts? (Read 137 times)
SianLogic
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re-Jet - where to get the parts?
03/15/11 at 19:20:17

Hello All,

I have a 2009 S40.  I would like to either modify my existing muffler or change it out with something that has more volume.  I also have noticeable 'hesitations' while riding.  I've been told I need to re-jet and swap out for a K&N air filter to compensate for the change in muffler and to get rid of the hesitations.  I bought a Re-jet kit from DynoJet but apparently that was not what I needed.  

I guess I need 150 and 51 or 51.5.  I'm not a mechanic so I'm parroting what someone else told me.

Anyone know where I can get the correct jets?

Thanks!

SianLogic

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: Re-Jet - where to get the parts?
Reply #1 - 03/16/11 at 04:56:56

I believe Lancer on this forum sells jet kits for this bike.

I can only advise you to have a reason to rejet or do the white spacer mod before you start modding the carb. There are many of these bikes out there,....even w/ modified exhaust running just fine,... stock as a clock.

If you're having a surging problem at low speed, you may need the "white spacer mod"

Difference in altitude and riding habits also can dictate the jetting needs for this bike.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Re: Re-Jet - where to get the parts?
Reply #2 - 03/16/11 at 07:51:41

I like JetsRus because they have a good lookup utility (by carb or bike).  And the jets are cheap enough that you can try several, and only pay for shipping once.  

I forgot what jetting was good for the K&N + Dyna muffler, but in general, it is mostly the main jet that needs to change.  To start with, try increasing the pilot jet one size and the main 2-3 sizes, and do the white spacer mod.  That should get you in the ballpark.. then fine tune it with the extra main jets you bought, and the mixture screw.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:22:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Re-Jet - where to get the parts?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.