Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Signals/Neutral light (Read 100 times)
xtreme77mopar
YaBB Newbies

Reading,Pa
Signals/Neutral light
03/13/11 at 14:37:11

Hey guys, Ive been trolling around here on the forum for a few months now as I dont want to be asking questions that have been asked numerous times. anyhow....I just got done building my wife a savage bobber, but I installed LED front signals and have to get them to work correctly, I installed 2 load equalizers on both right and left front signals and all the done is stay lit.  Im at my whits end on this.
Also I have no neutral light either, changed the buld....figured id start easy first. any help is appercaited.

thanks

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Signals/Neutral light
Reply #1 - 03/13/11 at 16:15:08

The stock front signals are also running lights,...  sounds like you have connected to the always on running light wire instead of the blinker wire.

Gray = running light
Black = blinker
Black/with white tracer = ground

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #2 - 03/13/11 at 16:19:50

I wired mine wrong once and the rear signals were always on except when they blinked off as turn signals -- sort of backwards. But it turned out to be related to the way I'd wired the front signals. So check both front and rear.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 03/13/11 at 16:29:27

To make things simpler, disconnect everything and leave the load balancer out for now.

Hook up one wire at a time and see what it does.
Turn on the turn signal for the side you're messing with.
bright is the signal, dim is running.
w/o the balancer, it'll just blink fast.

WWW   IP Logged
xtreme77mopar
YaBB Newbies

Reading,Pa
Reply #4 - 03/14/11 at 17:58:07

Everything is wired up correct, I disconnected the LEDs and connected the stock bulb and they blink just fine. I beleive I need more resistance for the LED to pull the flasher.  

Thanks

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 03/14/11 at 18:24:00

Instead of messing with load resistors,... just buy an electronic flasher unit from an auto parts store... Ten bucks...
no resistors needed... Wink...

... but... the LED's should make the stock flasher blink at double speed.  But it should still blink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #6 - 03/15/11 at 08:34:26

For the neutral light,  If all you want is a neutral light,  the little blue wire going down to the tranny by the oil sight glass is a switched ground type of switch. Run fused (& switched) power to the bulb, then take a the other wire from the bulb to the blue wire.  It will work.

BUT>>>>>>>  I should let you know that Suzuki uses the neutral switch for several "safety" interlocks.  If you are still using the stock ign wires, then you should get a copy of the wiring diagram and understand it.  For example, they use the diode thing (module) as a way to sink the ground when certain interlocks are engaged.  (Kickstand switch, clutch level etc etc...) so you can start the bike.  It is integrated with the neutral switch.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:21:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Signals/Neutral light

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.