Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
My RYCA project - first test drive (Read 3250 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: My RYCA project nearly done-pics added page 3
Reply #60 - 06/12/11 at 15:57:54

Edgar wrote on 06/12/11 at 12:50:16:
MotoBuddha wrote on 06/12/11 at 05:32:42:
Edgar wrote on 06/11/11 at 20:06:56:
Is that a stock carb? Where'd you get the blue tubing?

You can get colored fule line on eBay -- blue, red, green, yellow...

Do you know what size I'd be looking for Buddha? Diameter?

Your fule line diameters are listed here   Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Re: My RYCA project nearly done-pics added page 3
Reply #61 - 06/21/11 at 17:59:19

excited about the call I received from the painter today. The paint is done on mine and I can pick up wednesday. He says the colors turned out pretty awesome. More pics to follow in the next day or so as I complete the bike. All I have to do is mount the tank, seat, and conceal the wires. Too bad its supposed to rain for the next 8 days here.
To those who haven't seen my color poll thread, I went with Volvo copper metallic with black stripes down center of tank and seat cowl. Center stripe is black, 4" wide, with a 1/8" black pin stripe on either side. Inspiration was this VW seen below.

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Re: My RYCA project back from painter
Reply #62 - 06/22/11 at 18:39:59

Got the tank and rear seat cowl back from painter. Will pick up side covers tomorrow. Dry fit everything and it looks pretty good. More pics in the days to follow as I hope to complete and test drive this weekend.

I just wanted to give props to my painter too. He did a superb job on it. As you can see by the last picture, he even finished the underside and inner part of the tank. Even these parts are like glass smooth. He even sprayed underneath and behind all the fiberglass parts and clear coated there as well. If anyone is building a RYCA in the SE wisconsin area and want to know his contact info, I would be happy to provide. Paint cost me $500 and included all filling, sanding, sandblasting, striping, several layers of clear, etc  

IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 06/22/11 at 18:47:48

That is one gorgeous bike. The color is both unique and eye catching. congrats and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #64 - 06/22/11 at 19:42:23

thanks, appreciate the positive feedback

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #65 - 06/22/11 at 20:00:51

AMAZING!!!!! You should walk tall and be proud, that si one fine machine.

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #66 - 06/22/11 at 20:20:40

Just BEAUTIFUL!

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #67 - 06/22/11 at 20:35:05

The quality of the paint job is just plain SICK!

IP Logged
dystormy79a
YaBB Newbies

charlotte tn
Reply #68 - 06/23/11 at 00:00:27

great looking bike and color choice looks awesome

now i have a question did you make the gas tank piece or did you buy it. i am wanting to get rid of my gauge but don't know what i want to do im keeping my options open.

IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #69 - 06/23/11 at 00:45:22

congrats man that looks beautiful

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #70 - 06/23/11 at 03:41:54

Really beeeee-yootiful.  Obviously professional work.  I'll bet you are looking forward to car/bike shows to show it off.

What about the side panels?

One request,...  How about some more close-ups of the areas on the bike that RYCA builders are constructing right now?  I'd just like to see what a finished product looks like,.. to give me a better idea of how some area is supposed to go together.  Some examples: cable routing, rearsets, tailpiece, etc.  Please consider it -- When I am getting ready to assemble a given section, it would help to have some images available just for an overview of how it is supposed to go together.

You do nice photography, so I would guess you'd be able to get some helpful detail.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #71 - 06/23/11 at 04:12:08

dystormy79a wrote on 06/23/11 at 00:00:27:
now i have a question did you make the gas tank piece or did you buy it. i am wanting to get rid of my gauge but don't know what i want to do im keeping my options open.

tank piece is from RYCA. Contact them and they may sell you one separately.

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #72 - 06/23/11 at 04:15:26

Gyrobob wrote on 06/23/11 at 03:41:54:
Really beeeee-yootiful.  Obviously professional work.  I'll bet you are looking forward to car/bike shows to show it off.

What about the side panels?

One request,...  How about some more close-ups of the areas on the bike that RYCA builders are constructing right now?  I'd just like to see what a finished product looks like,.. to give me a better idea of how some area is supposed to go together.  Some examples: cable routing, rearsets, tailpiece, etc.  Please consider it -- When I am getting ready to assemble a given section, it would help to have some images available just for an overview of how it is supposed to go together.

You do nice photography, so I would guess you'd be able to get some helpful detail.

I will take some more pictures tonight. The side panels are not mounted yet. I got the call the other day that the parts were done. the painter sent them down with a friend who works at the local ducati dealership but she forgot one of the boxes. Long story short, is that the side panels were not there and I can pick them up later today. Look for pictures tonight with the side panels on. I still have cable and wire routing to do but I will take more pictures as I finish. I will say that the tank was a tight fit- I really had to persuade it to go on there.

And yes, definately professional work by the painter. He is a near retirement age guy who has worked at a auto body shop most of his life and paints bikes on the side.

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #73 - 06/23/11 at 04:27:18

Gyrobob wrote on 06/23/11 at 03:41:54:
 I'll bet you are looking forward to car/bike shows to show it off.

Rockerbox festival in milwaukee August 6th, I plan on entering it into that contest. http://rockerbox.us/

IP Logged
BuckRYCA

New London, CT, USA
Reply #74 - 06/23/11 at 05:48:25

Quite a bike! Where did you source your bar end mirrors? (I'm not above copying a good idea.)

'96 Savage - now a Ryca CS-1
WWW BuckRYCA BuckRYCA   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:33:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My RYCA project - first test drive

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.