Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
My RYCA project - first test drive (Read 3250 times)
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Re: My RYCA project - first test drive
Reply #105 - 06/26/11 at 07:20:56

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #106 - 06/26/11 at 08:18:31

Second one is cool. Slight change in angle to match fins super cool.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #107 - 06/26/11 at 08:26:53

I sat & thot a while, trying to see how t neede to be, cuz I wasnt totally stricken by any of the option, but I see the potential,, again,, I have to agree w/ Vers,, maybe the top of it could be in a line with the bottom fin?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #108 - 06/26/11 at 08:57:23

thanks motobuddha for acting on my subtle hint/ request.

They look nice. I actually like several of them, but seem to like the all copper best. I might try maybe a logo first but there are some possibilities in your work there motobuddha.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #109 - 06/26/11 at 10:14:31

Maybe a coupla thin stripes at the angle Vers suggested?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #110 - 07/09/11 at 17:34:04

Took my RYCA to a local car show/ motorcycle show at a dealership in town. THere were about 40 bikes competing and mine won best runner up Japanese bike. I guess that's not saying a whole lot since there were only about 15-20 jap bikes. Either way I was pleased. Got beat out by a sweet looking honda CB750 cafe racer. Mine did get tons and tons of positive comments.

They had free dyno testing there too. For some reason it only got 28HP and 28FP torque. The guy said he felt like the rear tire wasn't grabbing or possibly the clutch was slipping. It doesn't seem to slip when I drive it, so I wonder if the tire wasn't grabbing on the dyno for some reason. Anyways, I am not sure what to make of that number, because its got tons more torque and get-up than stock form.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #111 - 07/10/11 at 05:33:51

sbaugz wrote on 07/09/11 at 17:34:04:
....mine won best runner up Japanese bike. ...Mine did get tons and tons of positive comments.

... it only got 28HP and 28FP torque.....Anyways, I am not sure what to make of that number, because its got tons more torque and get-up than stock form.

Congrats on the results at the show.  What a great feeling it must have been just soaking up all the comments!

28 hp does sound low.  Even if that number is correct, it is not surprising that in CS-1 form, the bike feels more powerful.  It has the equivalent of several more HP (and lbs-ft torque) just from losing so much weight.

You might try going to one of the websites that have the formulae for computing HP based on weight and acceleration.  A given weight (you and the bike) getting to 60 mph in a measured number of seconds will tell you how much HP is actually there, because it computes the amount of work done.  The number will be affected by how well you shift, though.  If you are a sloppy shifter and/or don't use optimal shift rpm, the number will be a little pessimistic.

Some examples of websites you might try:

http://www.060calculator.com/
http://www.stealth316.com/2-calc-hp-et-mph.htm

Make sure to page down through the opening page to get to the fill-in-blanks-for-the-computer part.  Some of these websites have a thousand words of mathematical explanations you can just ignore on your way to the HP computation section.

« Last Edit: 07/11/11 at 05:15:43 by Gyrobob »  

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
runrun

Thump thump

Erie, CO
Reply #112 - 07/12/11 at 17:14:29

Beautiful project, sbaugz.

Did you run into any wiring issues, meaning did it just fire right up after making the wiring changes specified in the build instructions?  I'd be out and riding but I'm chasing a dead short somewhere, and the only things I've changed were those in the build.  

I read in an earlier post of yours about the very tight air filter fit.  I thought this was a mistake on my bike, since the air filter was keeping the carb from seating properly, so I checking with Ryan at Ryca.  He said that the filter is supposed to contact the battery box/fuel tank mounting bolts, and barely fit into the little slot in the battery box.  It's designed this way to make sure that the filter doesn't fall off.

Hope he's right.  I don't like the idea of something like that attached to a big thumper being able to vibrate against the battery box.

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #113 - 07/12/11 at 19:07:00

Sorry, no wiring issues for me. Well, I take that back- my tailight burned out and Ryan sent me a replacement. Otherwise, everything hooked back up fine without any issues. Be careful because there are two plugs that look very similar. I cannot even recall what plugs they are or what they do, but I remember getting some blown fuses until I discovered I had two of the plugs connected wrong.
As far as the airfilter, I have not had any issues with this since connecting it. I agree, its extremely tight but has not been an issue thus far. I have about 200 miles on my bike now since the conversion is done.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:15:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My RYCA project - first test drive

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.