Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Newbie - First Mods from eBay 'Performance' Kit (Read 488 times)
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Newbie - First Mods from eBay 'Performance' Ki
Reply #15 - 03/11/11 at 13:08:35

Yep, that's exactly why I asked where it came from.  Suspected it.  But if you are happy with it, that's what matters.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pannonia
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 03/11/11 at 21:19:50

That's too bad he does not give credit where credit is due. He did list this forum as a good place to get further info (it's how I found you guys BTW), but bummer he does not credit his info correctly. Communities like this one are small and tight, and pissing off others is usually bad all around. For what it's worth, I did recognize some of the tips he sent as having come from this forum.

With respect to shipping, I got my stuff quickly.

With respect to communication, he did not answer any questions I had post receipt. In fact, when I purchased the item, he offered $5 if I sent him photos of the finished work. I did send him the photos, more because I just wanted to help out a fellow businessperson than for the $5. (But have not heard anything since...not even a 'thanks')

I do feel that for $100 + shipping, with absolutely no starting knowledge of what would make this bike sound and function better, I got a pretty fair deal.

I think it would be cool if someone on this forum offered a similar product (newbie performance upgrade kit) and in such a way that the forum could provide "crowd sourced" assistance in installation. There is also no doubt that this guy's product could be improved on:
1. The slip on exhaust is a bit short and does not have bend in it. A ~7 degree bent ~10" long connector and clamp would be great.
2. Some bracket for the side cover to fasten onto, once the airbox is gone (or maybe nothing is needed, just a tip on how reconfigure once the cone filter is in place. I just dumped the airbox, side covers, and mounted the terminal box in place of the tools. not sure what options are here...)

I would certainly have bought something like that...and bet that others in my place would too...

IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #17 - 03/13/11 at 17:46:23

I think Im gonna be sick Sad I ordered a stage 3 jet kit for my bike last week and tried over and over to contact the person and never received any replies.  I just noticed the other day that it was coming from Land o lakes fla...right now waiting to be shipped out of usps.  Hopefully I get the right product and its not junk...thought they might be decent because of positive feedback rating- who knows?

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
Pannonia
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 03/13/11 at 18:38:15

dv8 - good luck.
as I said, mine came right away, but then again he hasn't replied to questions since then...
I assume you have the direct email for this guy: dragonfly7532@verizon.net

IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #19 - 03/14/11 at 01:28:29

Yup, Thats the one...Hoping it comes out ok...Getting warmer each day and itching to ride  Smiley

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
Lawsonwelding
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 03/17/11 at 22:10:06

I ordered from this land o lakes fool as well , first off as a self employed welder with plenty of experience this seller said there muffler was a direct fit and when i sent them a respose stating they should change there description and not miss lead people there response was and i quote " its not my fault your not mechanically inclined, as with any NON stock part there will be some issues" i myself left as negative of feedback as i could and contacted ebay , not only is my second business a power seller on ebay i for one realize speaking to people in such a manner is just plain rude, ANYWAY
What i did was cut the end off the Harley muffler and mounted everything up , i then tig welded the muffler back together so as to not use the 7 degree pipe and double clamping everything , the more joints the more possibilities of leaks.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:29:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Newbie - First Mods from eBay 'Performance' Kit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.