Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Running problem 2 (Read 67 times)
jandaso

Do you want fries
with that?

Re: Running problem 2
03/01/11 at 09:42:49

Im having problems with mine too. I recently changed the needle and main jet for a dynojet kit (bought it without knowing about lancers kit) and every time I start (10 minutes to warm up) the bike she will stall when I try to go on first gear.  The only way I can get her to not stall is having the choke on. Also, the bike is stalling on idle (sometimes). I followed the instructions of the kit and this is ocurring now. My bike has the Dyna muffler and a k&n filter as well.

« Last Edit: 03/03/11 at 11:30:26 by verslagen1 »  

2006 S40 - Mikuni VM38 (UFO and Dial-a-Jet), K&N filter, Barnett Clutch, Dyna Muffler, and Verslavy.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Running problem
Reply #1 - 03/01/11 at 09:46:12

Look thru the carb section, somewhere in the index...

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1181745927

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 03/01/11 at 09:57:11

jandaso wrote on 03/01/11 at 09:42:49:
Im having problems with mine too. I recently changed the needle and main jet for a dynojet kit (bought it without knowing about lancers kit) and every time I start (10 minutes to warm up) the bike she will stall when I try to go on first gear.  The only way I can get her to not stall is having the choke on. Also, the bike is stalling on idle (sometimes). I followed the instructions of the kit and this is ocurring now. My bike has the Dyna muffler and a k&n filter as well.

Nothing happens to the carb when you put it in 1st.
but you'll get extra drag from the clutch, so is your idle speed high enough? should be 1000 to 1200 rpm.  A little high is better than too low.

WWW   IP Logged
jandaso

Do you want fries
with that?

Reply #3 - 03/01/11 at 10:53:47

I can't even put more throttle. It
Stalls out or acts likes is going to stall like if the carbs were getting flooded. Correct me if I'm wrong is hard to find the words to explain my situation since English is my second language.

2006 S40 - Mikuni VM38 (UFO and Dial-a-Jet), K&N filter, Barnett Clutch, Dyna Muffler, and Verslavy.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 03/01/11 at 11:27:56

Jan, either you put the carb together wrong or you have the wrong main jet.  Idle jet ok.

1. Try cleaning the carb again, I remember my 1st time didn't go smoothly either.  Repeat clean and reassemble carefully, use the diagrams and make everything is in the right place.

2. Look at the original jet and the new one.  What numbers are they?  Dynojet uses a different numbering system, but someone may be able to say it's right or wrong.  Look at the holes in them, which is bigger, that's the one to use.  And if in doubt, try the original to see if it gets better.

Always a good way to figure out what's wrong, start with what you know works and only change one thing at a time.

WWW   IP Logged
jandaso

Do you want fries
with that?

Reply #5 - 03/01/11 at 11:34:38

Friday I will be sending you the chain tensioner so I will go ahead and take the whole carb apart to clean it (i didn't do it When I changed the main jet and needle) and I will go for there. The main jet from the dynojet kit is a 144. Also, I'm concern about tuning it, I have never done it before and for what I had heard it looks like a tedious work.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 03/01/11 at 11:41:42

jandaso wrote on 03/01/11 at 11:34:38:
The main jet from the dynojet kit is a 144. Also, I'm concern about tuning it, I have never done it before and for what I had heard it looks like a tedious work.

And what was the stock jet size?  Stock for california model is 145.  Moderate rejet is a 150 with stock muffler.
maybe tedious when you don't have a good starting point, easy otherwise.

There's suppose to be a washer under the main jet.  If it's not there, when you accelerate, the needle jet can be drawn up into the carb rather than opening.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 03/01/11 at 11:44:55

dynojets are numbered differently than Mikiuni...

Somebody had a chart somewhere... Huh...

See here...
http://www.ds650.net/mikunivsdynojet.htm

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jandaso

Do you want fries
with that?

Reply #8 - 03/01/11 at 11:56:21

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 03/01/11 at 15:25:09

Jan, given that chart, no wonder why it runs better with the choke pulled out, you are way under jetted.  I recommend a set of jets from lancer, 150 to 165 should fix you right up.

WWW   IP Logged
jandaso

Do you want fries
with that?

Reply #10 - 03/03/11 at 09:24:20

verslagen1 wrote on 03/01/11 at 15:25:09:
Jan, given that chart, no wonder why it runs better with the choke pulled out, you are way under jetted.  I recommend a set of jets from lancer, 150 to 165 should fix you right up.

As soon as I can get a hold of lancer, I will be getting a box of goodies Cool thanks. Btw can you explain me why you think im unde jetted? I just want to understand your opinion to learn. The dynojet kit brought a couple of main jets. I will see if I have something in between 160-176.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 03/03/11 at 12:11:35

jandaso wrote on 03/03/11 at 09:24:20:
verslagen1 wrote on 03/01/11 at 15:25:09:

Btw can you explain me why you think im unde jetted? I just want to understand your opinion to learn. The dynojet kit brought a couple of main jets. I will see if I have something in between 160-176.

Quote:
The main jet from the dynojet kit is a 144.

That looks to be a mikuni 134, stock savage is 145 and that's lean.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:28:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Re: Running problem 2

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.