Header and silencer (Read 60 times)
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Header and silencer
02/28/11 at 01:37:33

I took klx's pipe and can to give them a bit of a clean and get a lambda sensor boss fitted, I used the opportunity to lengthen the header where it goes into the silencer. this was ok 'till I tried to refit it, no go, had to undo the top monoshock mount to make enough room. At the LH end of the silencer you can see an insert, I have a variety of these in different sizes to try and quieten without loosing power.
Now onto a less obvious item the carb mounting rubber is smaller than both the carb and the port in the head so I'll fix that today, got to be worth 1/2 a hp.

Clive W Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Header and silencer
Reply #1 - 02/28/11 at 04:29:48

Now onto a less obvious item the carb mounting rubber is smaller than both the carb and the port in the head so I'll fix that today, got to be worth 1/2 a hp.

Just no excuse for putting a narrow straw in there. Might be a reason, somewhere, some regulation , some code, making it necessary to throttle the poor thing down a mite, butt, dang, seems pretty obvious its not good for power making.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 12:40:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › Header and silencer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.