Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
rebuilding brakes- question about union bolt (Read 42 times)
sbaugz
Ex Member

rebuilding brakes- question about union bolt
02/27/11 at 15:01:49

So I took my brakes completely apart and cleaned them. Replaced the pads and am now getting ready to put it all back together. My question is regarding the union bolts - there are two of them. One attaches the brake line to the master cylinder and the other attaches it to the caliper. My question is regarding how they line up with the brake line. The union bolt is hollow and has two exit holes along the threads. The brake line fittings also have corresponding holes too. How do you make sure these line up when you tighten them down?

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Re: rebuilding brakes- question about union bolt
Reply #1 - 02/27/11 at 15:45:02

If you look at the inside of the banjos on the ends of the brake line, you'll see they're concave. That means you don't need to worry about lining anything up. Fluid will come out the holes in the master cylinder bolt, flow around the inside of the banjo to the brake line, down to the banjo on the caliper end where it flows into the banjo, into the holes in the bolt, then into the caliper. So just tighten the bolts (assuming the copper washers are in good shape) and then bleed the system.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Re: rebuilding brakes- question about union bolt
Reply #2 - 02/27/11 at 16:39:43

ahh, thanks. Makes sense.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:24:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › rebuilding brakes- question about union bolt

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.