Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
stuck brake light (Read 96 times)
ocdave
Ex Member

stuck brake light
02/26/11 at 13:19:40

I installed my the taillight for my Bobber project. I think it looks great, however I'm having a problem with the rear brake light staying lit after the rear brake is released. The spring appears to be lacking the pressure to fully disengage the rear brake. I could get the light to go off by manually lifting up on the rear brake. Now it appears to be stuck in the on position. Does the rear brake sensor have any type of adjustment? any help would be greatly appreciated

« Last Edit: 02/26/11 at 17:43:57 by seitz729 »  
  IP Logged
ohio thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: stuck brake light
Reply #1 - 02/26/11 at 13:37:34

i think you can adjust it right past your brake arm linkage rod that comes off the back wheel.

IP Logged
jandaso

Do you want fries
with that?

Reply #2 - 02/26/11 at 13:42:03

I Have The same problem. Also, I recently changed the front brake pads and the pads are engaging the disk even when the brake is not applied. Is there a way to adjust the front brake like the clutch handle?

2006 S40 - Mikuni VM38 (UFO and Dial-a-Jet), K&N filter, Barnett Clutch, Dyna Muffler, and Verslavy.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #3 - 02/26/11 at 15:02:11

Ohiothumper is right, there is an adjustment there.  It is the nut on the cable right above the number 22 here

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26/Type/PROP_STAND_REAR_BRAKE/MakeID/2/M...

Jandaso, I had to clean the slides on the calipers (like a half dozen times) to get mine to work right when I put on new pads.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
ohio thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 02/26/11 at 15:19:46

not sure if my last post was the right place to adjust the spring tension. i had a problem with brake light not coming on soon enough. i adjusted it at the sensor between the swing arm and frame of my bike. dont know if that would help your situation or not.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 02/26/11 at 16:34:55

If you can pull up on the brake pedal, the return spring wasn't installed correctly.

Typically it gets put under the thru bolt.  when someone removes the pedal assembly it doesn't get put back in the right place.

Here's the instructions on adjust the brake pedal height and stop light.
Brake Pedal and light adjustment

WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #6 - 02/26/11 at 19:06:30

jandaso wrote on 02/26/11 at 13:42:03:
I Have The same problem. Also, I recently changed the front brake pads and the pads are engaging the disk even when the brake is not applied. Is there a way to adjust the front brake like the clutch handle?

It seems to me that you could have pads that are too thick, but you probably have air in the brake line from the change. You didn't say how hard they are engaging, but they could get pretty hot. My best guess is to bleed the brake line and refill with new fluid, if needed.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 02/26/11 at 19:51:19

jandaso wrote on 02/26/11 at 13:42:03:

what pads did you get?

there are a set of pads that are thicker, meant for another bike.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 02/27/11 at 10:07:04

& if no one loosened the brake line, theres no more air now than before.
Im leaning toward wrong pads with the others.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #9 - 02/27/11 at 11:26:44

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/27/11 at 10:07:04:
& if no one loosened the brake line, theres no more air now than before.
Im leaning toward wrong pads with the others.

Agreed. Unless he happened to bump the brake lever and squirted the caliper disc out and didn't tells us. I worked for the public for a number of years. "Trust but verify."   Embarrassed

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:32:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › stuck brake light

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.