Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No Headlight (High or Low) / Horn (Read 138 times)
mg66
YaBB Newbies

Never, never enough
miles ...

No Headlight (High or Low) / Horn
02/17/11 at 05:06:29

My wife dropped her 96 Savage last weekend on the left side. I just noticed she does not have a headlight (low or high) nor the horn.

Bike starts no problem and back light and turn signals are working.

Is there a fuse just for the headlight and horn. Or maybe something else. Any insight would be appreciated.

I searched here and the interwebz to no avail.

mg66 (FIGJAM) ... Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul. ~ Author Unknown
WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: No Headlight (High or Low) / Horn
Reply #1 - 02/17/11 at 06:07:42

There is a big connector on each side of the frame up under the tank that goes to the handlebar switches.
Pull the tank and look at the one on the left side.  Pull it apart and reconnect.  That connector has lines for headlight and horn.  It also has turn signal, but you say those are working.  I'm guessing the connector is just a bit loose.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
mg66
YaBB Newbies

Never, never enough
miles ...

Reply #2 - 02/17/11 at 06:20:42

Excellent. Will try that tonight. Thank you.

mg66 (FIGJAM) ... Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul. ~ Author Unknown
WWW   IP Logged
mg66
YaBB Newbies

Never, never enough
miles ...

Reply #3 - 02/18/11 at 05:28:49

Noticed also the license plate light is not working. Not yet checked for bad bulb yet. Only common I see is ground between all things.

WWW   IP Logged
mg66
YaBB Newbies

Never, never enough
miles ...

Reply #4 - 02/19/11 at 05:43:50

Freakin' A youzguyz. You are awesome  Cool.

10 out of 10. Why I love these forums.

That is exactly was it was, the main left hand near the front left under tank connector was loose. I am still going to pull it apart clean the terminals and ensure its back good and tight.

Thanks. You made a happy man of me and especially the wife (her new bike) as I am not a bike electrician's a$$hole and thats the truth  Tongue

« Last Edit: 02/19/11 at 07:53:34 by mg66 »  

WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #5 - 02/19/11 at 06:48:27

Glad it was an easy fix for ya mg66!

Just be careful when you put the gas tank back on, as that is when that connector is likely to get knocked loose!

You will get a lot of good answers and advice around here.. mostly because we have all been there and done that before.

Ride Safe, Ride Often  Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
mg66
YaBB Newbies

Never, never enough
miles ...

Reply #6 - 02/21/11 at 13:50:28

btw the license plate light was not associated with the connector problem. I traced the wiring and found a bad connector coming from the license plate light. Another quick fix.

« Last Edit: 02/22/11 at 03:12:36 by mg66 »  

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 21:18:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › No Headlight (High or Low) / Horn

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.