Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oil change, fluids and handlebars question. (Read 52 times)
GeorgeS
YaBB Newbies

Ft. Stewart, GA
Oil change, fluids and handlebars question.
02/14/11 at 16:39:32

Allrighty then, while I wait for my Clymer manual to show up, maybe someone can answer a couple questions for me.

While the oil change is pretty straight forward, I discovered another bolt on the engine that appears to be a drain plug of some sort. It is located in the front, bottom part of the engine on the right side (sitting on the bike). Im assuming this is the transmission fluid? However I see no filler point (if there is one)? Any ideas what this is?

Second, I notice the bolts on the handlebar risers are flat, no allen head, screw or anything... whats the secret to getting the handlebars out of the risers?

Thanks for your patience and assistance! It is appreciated!

2002 Savage.... In the works.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Re: Oil change, fluids and handlebars question.
Reply #1 - 02/14/11 at 16:58:09

There are two drain bolts on the bottom-front-right side. One points forward, one points down. They can act like drain plugs, though that's not their original purpose.  They're connected to the regular oil circuit. (There's no transmission fluid. The same oil lubricates everything.)  The one that points down can be used to drain the oil filter if you want. But opening the plug on the center bottom of the crankcase (pointing to the left /low side of the bike) should do the trick for you. Opening the oil filler cap will allow the oil to drain a little faster.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Oil change, fluids and handlebars question.
Reply #2 - 02/14/11 at 17:55:32

Drain plug is on the left. The other two, for MOST intents and purposes, are useless. Once you catch the bug though, they come in right handy for an oil cooler. The riser bolts are covered with plastic caps. Just pry 'em up with a screw stick, butter knife, etc.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:25:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Oil change, fluids and handlebars question.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.