Funny bike story. (Read 148 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Funny bike story.
02/10/11 at 17:00:30

When my wife turned 16 she bought herself a little Suzuki step thru 50cc two stoke. We started dating when she was 17 and she picked me up after work on a hot day in August on it. Unbeknown to her her younger brother had borrowed it earlier that day and filled it up with racing fuel (methanol, nitro, and klotz oil). It got very hot in stop and go traffic and quit. We got it started again but it wouldn't idle so we she had to keep reving it at stoplights. We were stopped at a light (almost home) and it started to diesel. It went up to max rpm, just screaming. I shut the key off and it kept screaming. I pulled the plug wire off and it kept screaming. I pushed it into a garage that luckily happened to be at the corner and asked for a plug wrench. The mechanic wouldn't lend out his tools but went and got one and pulled the plug. The bike shut off. It had drawn a crowd by this time and the comment was heard "man I haven't smelled that stuff since the last time I went to the drags". We let it cool down and the mechanic put the plug back in (cross threading it), drained the fuel out, put gas in it, and we rode it home- another 4 blocks. It didn't sound so good. Upshoot was: major bore out, new piston and rings, new head (because of the cross threaded plug) and a complete rebuild. Her dad did all the work. Her brother caught heck.
I was impressed that the thing would run let alone carry two people four blocks with broken rings

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: Funny bike story.
Reply #1 - 02/10/11 at 22:48:13

After reading ,"When my wife turned 16 .......... I thought what a dirty old man,but I continued on ,cute story .

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 02/11/11 at 04:34:37

I surprised it didnt sling the rod.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #3 - 02/11/11 at 05:12:04

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/11/11 at 04:34:37:

Klotz oil JOG

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
IN-S40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Michigan City, IN
Reply #4 - 02/11/11 at 06:35:32

I'm surprised it ran as good as it did, I tried running some model airplane fuel with 60% nitro (pretty much the same composition) in a lawn mower once and it would barely run. The main issue being it takes alot more volume of this fuel than gasoline for the proper mixture as its an alcohol based fuel.

P.S. Bill67... I hated the fuels that had Klotz in them. The oil didnt burn during combustion and left a nice slimy mess all the way down the side of the airplane.  Tongue

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 02/11/11 at 07:18:49

bill67 wrote on 02/11/11 at 05:12:04:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/11/11 at 04:34:37:

Klotz oil JOG

Dang! What Was I thinking?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #6 - 02/11/11 at 14:05:02

Used to make my own fuel for model airplanes and I used Castor oil and varied the amount of nitro depending on the engine. Castor oil does not burn completely either. Did you know that castor oil was used as a lubricant in WWI aircraft engines? Did you also know that some pilots, who couldn't keep their mouths closed got diarrhea from ingesting the unburnt oil to the point that they wore diapers. Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 02/11/11 at 15:49:24

arteacher wrote on 02/11/11 at 14:05:02:
Used to make my own fuel for model airplanes and I used Castor oil and varied the amount of nitro depending on the engine. Castor oil does not burn completely either. Did you know that castor oil was used as a lubricant in WWI aircraft engines? Did you also know that some pilots, who couldn't keep their mouths closed got diarrhea from ingesting the unburnt oil to the point that they wore diapers. Grin

Not only did I NOT know, I coulda gone to my grave in absolute blissful ignorance & been Just FINE, thank ya so vera much.. But it is interesting.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #8 - 02/13/11 at 11:12:23

mick wrote on 02/10/11 at 22:48:13:
After reading ,"When my wife turned 16 .......... I thought what a dirty old man....

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #9 - 02/13/11 at 14:44:32

arteacher wrote on 02/11/11 at 14:05:02:

During the 50s  and 60s "Castrol" used a racing oil called "Castrol R" it had an aroma I shall never forgot,that to had caster oil in it,as far as I know it was all vegitible oil, and engines gad to be stripped after a few hundred miles,very high viscosity though.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 19:42:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › Funny bike story.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.