Send Topic Print
got a new bike (Read 419 times)
kingart3
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: got a new bike
Reply #15 - 02/10/11 at 16:19:54

If you have been driving around on the Yamaha, I don't think you will have any problems.  Before I got mine, (also an 09), I had been riding a 250 cc Chinese scooter for 3 years, BUT, had not been on a regular motorcycle in 20+.  I had no problems and I would not say I was the master of balance, quick reflexes or any other good things like that.

At around 400 lbs, its light and handles very easily.  The clutch is butter soft and 1st gear is low enough I almost never stall.  Back when I had a Yamaha 400 twin, a 650 was a BIG bike, so I was a little concerned when I first got on it.  Turns out there were no problems, its a very Sweet Ride.

Have fun,

-Hal

IP Logged
chickenwingsmmm
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 02/11/11 at 18:22:54

Just took it for its maiden voyage, 10 miles in the freezing cold. My only complaints is the exhaust is too quiet, handlebars and pegs are a smidgen too close for me, and the speedo is mounted on the tank so I had to look down to see my speed. Overall I am very happy with my purchase though and think I got a great bike at a great value.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #17 - 02/11/11 at 19:19:50

Congrats on the bike.  We like pictures... hint, hint...   Wink

Concerning the kill switch and such...  I personally like using the kill switch.  After I left the key on all night once, I got into the habit of pulling the key half way out (parked in the garage, so I don't take the key completely out).  I find doing the same thing every time is easiest.

Exhaust -- there are a few mods if you search this site.  Drill the stock one (carefully) or replace with a Harley Dyna which can be found cheap at local HD shops or Ebay or such.

We have a couple of members who make forward controls, if you are interested in moving your feet forward.  Use your search function for forward controls.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
RC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Quartz Hill Ca.
Reply #18 - 02/13/11 at 20:28:47

If you hadn't  sold that TW and just bought the 09 S40 you would have had the two coolest bikes on the market. I own 4 these are 1 and 2 S40 and  TW in that order. They are both great at what they do, I can't think of two other bikes I'd rather own.

IP Logged
chickenwingsmmm
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 02/14/11 at 18:58:01

Yes I already regret selling the TW. I'll probably be one of those old men who talks about stuff they had back in the day.

IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #20 - 02/16/11 at 11:59:42

I never use my kill switch, always leave it on. One of my buddies at work shut it off on me before we left work for the day. He pulls away with a big smile while I sit there trying to figure out what's wrong.  Embarrassed

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #21 - 02/16/11 at 21:52:44

chickenwingsmmm wrote on 02/14/11 at 18:58:01:
Yes I already regret selling the TW. I'll probably be one of those old men who talks about stuff they had back in the day.

Ain't no probably to it. You will. What you are doing now is gaining experience to help the next bunch coming along. I heard a young guy in a movie ask an old man, "What's the worst part of being old?" The old man just looked up and said, "Remembering being young." One thing's for sure. You just bought a great motorcycle that will surprise the crap out of careless street light racers. And to clarify Kimchris' remark. You are breaking in the tires because they are SLICK when new; not because they need it.  Congrats

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
ilikethat2499
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 02/17/11 at 00:18:35

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home