Send Topic Print
Honda Rebel info (Read 136 times)
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Honda Rebel info
01/28/11 at 15:04:45

Perry, I didn't want to be accused of hyjacking the other thread, so started this one.
As far as the Honda Rebel being available for 2011, I called our local Honda dealer here. They of right now don't have any available. They have 2010.
When I inquired if the 2011 would be abailable, I was asked if I would consider a 2010? I explained I was not looking to purchase, just wanting to find out if they would be available?
So he then tells me well if their available and the owner is able to order them then yes they should have them.
I had heard a couple years ago that after 2010 that the Rebel would not be available here any longer. Yet not sure if that is a rumor or not. I will let you know if I find out any other information.
Their fun bikes and you can't beat the gas mileage. I got 75 mpg on mine.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: Honda Rebel info
Reply #1 - 01/28/11 at 16:49:33

My guess is Honda is probably replacing the Rebel with this http://powersports.honda.com/2011/cbr250r.aspx

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 01/28/11 at 16:55:46

Kimmy, don't you visit your Rebel forum anymore?  I bet someone there had found out for sure.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/28/11 at 17:02:43

the cbr 250 isn't quite the same as a rebel . . .  unless you're blind. . .  

is the nighthawk 250 still around?

IP Logged
Driller

Really
"Zooked"
up

Tryon, NC
Reply #4 - 01/28/11 at 17:11:02

They certainly are looking to get another model in on the so called "entry level" market, but it would make no sense to try to substitute a totally different bike for the Rebel considering its success.
The cbr250 is going to be competing toe to toe with the Ninja 250 for that part of the market.
It does have Fuel Injection which might be a hint why the Rebel could be fading from the scene.
While talking to a salesman at a nearby Suzuki dealer about an upcoming bike show in Greenville, I learned that S was barely a presence at last years show because they did not bring out any new 2010 models due to depressed sales. Skip a year and here they come with new products.
I plan to quiz the Honda reps about it while looking the little cbr over.

O.F.R.A.T. Old F##t Riding Any Time
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #5 - 01/28/11 at 17:26:57

Piglet, no I don't visit the Rebel forum any longer. My friend
Rita that lives near me also got a different bike and neither of us visit the Rebel forum.

I am busy enough with this one and my other activities.  Wink
When I bought my Rebel back in 2007, I did set on a Nighthawk 250. I liked the seat on the Rebel better and chose that over the Nighthawk.
I will do some more investigating though and let you all know what I find
out.
When I had my Rebel, guys at work teased me. They asked me when I was going to get a real MC?
I said, "it beats yours". They couldn't say much as they didn't even ride. Then their were the guys that thought I was cool even when I rode my scooter.. Grin Grin Grin
All in all I think they were jealous, let's put it this way, I had the nerve to ride and they didn't..  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Then since my accident last year, their are some that think I am crazy to ever get back on the bike. Again,  I have the nerve they don't.. Wink kim

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 01/28/11 at 17:49:32

*ALL* of the motorcycle manufacturers are hurting.  As of today, none of the cruisers are available past 2009, other than the custom line which was new for 2010/2011.
http://powersports.honda.com/street/cruisers.aspx

Suzuki cruisers are all 2009, except the S40 and the M109R being 2011, and the S83 which is still stuck in 2008.

When they run out of unsold 2009 motorcycles THEN they will assume production.  Just like the S40.

WWW   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #7 - 01/28/11 at 21:48:19

While not officially dropped from the roles, no 2010 was produced. When the 2011 models were announced, again no Rebel 250 was in the lineup.
Speculation abounds. Some say a glut of 2009 models ceased production. Others say there is a rework in the makes. Some speculate the Rebel will be replaced.
No official word has come from Honda that I am aware of.

I came across this info, I can not vouch for it being the honest truth, just passing it along.
I will contact another more informative bike shop and get back with that information tomorrow. Smiley kim

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #8 - 01/29/11 at 03:29:10

LOL Kim!!! Don't worry about hijacking another Thread my dear ... thread hijacks are a very natural occurances on internet message forums!
Anyhoo ... thanks for starting this one about the Rebel ... many of us started Riding with the CMX250 ... we have only a couple Rebs left in our MTP (Motorcycle Training Program) Fleet ... they have all taken some serious abuse and are near bulletproof ... did see a student jam one up on the curb and split the engine case open loosing all the oil, so that was the end of that one! LOL!!
Wouldn't be surprised if Honda does drop the CMX ... it is long in the tooth and Cruisers in general seem to be fading somewhat in popularity when it comes to new Riders (especially the younger set) ... the new CBR250R is an awesome Bike and should do well! As for if the Rebel will be replace with another small Cruiser or Standard ... can't really see Honda doing that now that they're banking on the new CBR250R ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Honda Rebel info
Reply #9 - 01/29/11 at 05:54:22

Perry, your very welcome.
I have found out some more info though not from the bike shop. Info according to my source, market was glutted with 2009 models of Rebels. They didn't bring 2010 in and until the market picks up the Rebel will no longer be available in newer models. Their is talk of the cbr and guess will see what transpires on that.
I may go over to the Honda shop this next week and see what is there.
Couple years ago when I still had my Rebel, was at a red light. HD rider pulls up along side me. Gives me the thumbs up and said he had started on a Rebel as well. I have to tell you that made me feel good.
One evening I had just gotten to work and parked the Rebel. A guy comes over says, I thought that was a Rebel. He had one years ago and told me a lil story about his. Good thing I had gotten to work  early..  Grin  Grin
I have such fond memories of her and hope she continues to give the new owner as many memories as she gave me.
When I look back and remember it took 1200 miles for me to really start to like her, I am glad I stayed with it and had all the great times we had together.
Oh and she was the bike I was on when I rode thru my first hail storm. I was caught off guard and, had to ride in the hail till I found a safe place to pull over.
In not quite 2 seasons of riding, I placed a lil over 10,000 miles on her. Smiley
It will be interesting with the rising gas prices to see if the demand for these bikes increase as well.

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #10 - 01/30/11 at 06:56:00

That CBR 250 looks interesting.  A sport-bike thumper with ABS -- finally some competition for the Ninja 250.

There's a lot of 250cc bikes out there that are not yet cleared for US import.  There's a big market for them in Japan.  It's the smallest bike allowed on the (toll) expressways, and the largest that's not subject to their bi-biennial inspection.  The "inspection" is designed to take vehicles off the road to increase demand for new ones.

Example:

Kawasaki Estrella -- imported to Europe for just two years, lots more for Japan only.

Yeah, when (not if) the price of gas rises again we just may see the "commuter" bike market expand.

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 20:23:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › Honda Rebel info

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.