Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
WTF?!?!?! NOT RESOLVED..... (Read 902 times)
logan31907

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: RESOLVED! not the stator, its the fuel!
Reply #15 - 01/20/11 at 17:38:23

I'm sooo glad that I live in FL....where riding season is practically everyday and all year. except when there's a storm with 100+mph gail force winds  Grin Grin

IP Logged
TheSnakeLady

Thumpers Rule!!!

Central New York
Re: RESOLVED! not the stator, its the fuel!
Reply #16 - 01/20/11 at 19:24:50

Lol, I'm jelous!  Here in New York tomarrow's high is like 10* lol.

My ride is a 2005 LS650, customized with ISO grips, cone air filter, stage 1 jets, Jardine exhaust, solo seat, AM turn sigs, and a catseye tail light. Next year, custom paint job (hopefully)!
  IP Logged
logan31907

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: WTF?!?!?! NOT RESOLVED.....
Reply #17 - 01/22/11 at 12:36:50

^^bump^^ OP

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #18 - 01/22/11 at 12:59:56

Every time you put the petcock on prime, it started up again.  I think the fuel petcock is bad.  Just get the Yamaha Raptor petcock for $20~25 and call it good. Remember to block off the vacuum line that went to the original petcock.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
logan31907

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 01/22/11 at 13:08:54

Boule’tard wrote on 01/22/11 at 12:59:56:
Every time you put the petcock on prime, it started up again.  I think the fuel petcock is bad.  Just get the Yamaha Raptor petcock for $20~25 and call it good. Remember to block off the vacuum line that went to the original petcock.

So replace the petcock? Does the raptor petcock work the same way as stock? ....as far as the fuel switch goes? It'll even stall out on the "on" fuel position.  What does the petcock do?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 01/22/11 at 13:09:01

WWW   IP Logged
logan31907

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 01/22/11 at 13:09:18

Boule’tard wrote on 01/22/11 at 12:59:56:

So replace the petcock? Does the raptor petcock work the same way as stock? ....as far as the fuel switch goes? It'll even stall out on the "on" fuel position.  What does the petcock do? Someone at my job said its the carb.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #22 - 01/22/11 at 13:15:23

logan31907 wrote on 01/14/11 at 10:13:13:
WTF?????.....

I accidentally left the choke on and drove for about 5miles and the bike died on me again. I put the choke back, and it wouldn't start. So I put the fuel switch on the "prime" position and it started up. I drove a mile with it like that, then put the switch back to "on"....it then puttered and sounded like it was misfiring (I'd rev the throttle but it wouldn't rev like it was supposed to). Then it died. So I put the switch back to "prime" and it runs fine in that position. Its doing the same thing like before. What gives??????  

I'd also take the petcock off the tank and inspect it.
The 1st link I gave you is for manual conversion, It'll show you how to take it apart.  The diaphragm seal will most likely tear apart on you, so you might just check to see if the screws are tight.

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #23 - 01/22/11 at 13:19:42

logan31907 wrote on 01/22/11 at 13:09:18:
Someone at my job said its the carb.

We know this bike a little better than they do.  But of course we can't see it actually running.  Take each bit of advice with salt and check it out.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #24 - 01/22/11 at 14:13:04

Test your Petcock,.. don't just turn it to Prime..
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1251932429

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #25 - 01/22/11 at 14:25:44

So replace the petcock? Does the raptor petcock work the same way as stock? ....as far as the fuel switch goes? It'll even stall out on the "on" fuel position.  What does the petcock do? Someone at my job said its the carb.

Yes, replace it.  You will be surprised at how easily it just bolts in.   The raptor operates a little different than stock.  With the stock one, on means on (as in, allowing gas to flow through) only if the vacuum mechanism is hooked up and operating as it should.  I suspect yours isn't.  

With the raptor, on=on, the same as the stock petcock in the "prime" position.  The only disadvantage is that you need to remember to turn it off at the end of the day and back on when you ride again.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
logan31907

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 01/22/11 at 16:02:37

Boule’tard wrote on 01/22/11 at 14:25:44:

Yes, replace it.  You will be surprised at how easily it just bolts in.   The raptor operates a little different than stock.  With the stock one, on means on (as in, allowing gas to flow through) only if the vacuum mechanism is hooked up and operating as it should.  I suspect yours isn't.  

With the raptor, on=on, the same as the stock petcock in the "prime" position.  The only disadvantage is that you need to remember to turn it off at the end of the day and back on when you ride again.

Will I still have the ability to "prime" with the raptor petcock since "on" means "prime" ? Also, did I damage anything when I rode about 5 miles with the choke open?

IP Logged
logan31907

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 01/22/11 at 16:06:54

Boule’tard wrote on 01/22/11 at 14:25:44:

Will I still have the ability to "prime" with the raptor petcock since "on" means "prime" ? Also, did I damage anything when I rode about 5 miles with the choke open? How do I turn it off?....is there a different switch on the raptor petcock? And why is it necessary to turn it off? And do I turn it off after each ride? Or just at the end of the day?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #28 - 01/22/11 at 16:17:40

You did no harm...
With a Raptor,.. on is on, off is off, and reserve is reserve...
"Prime" on a vacuum petcock, is an open flow of gas to the carb, just like "on" is on a normal petcock... vac petcocks have no "Off"...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #29 - 01/22/11 at 16:21:12

Logan, do yourself a favor and read the links that were posted...they explain everything.
For me the raptor was an easy switch, cheaper than the stock one and in the past I had ridden bikes that you had to turn the fuel off when done riding so it wasn't that hard to remember.

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 01:18:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › WTF?!?!?! NOT RESOLVED.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.