Send Topic Print
Two white spacers (Read 235 times)
mmg123

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cyprus
Two white spacers
01/08/11 at 01:37:42

In the table and content list,s under carb spec,s There is a picture with two white spacers one 1/2 spacer one a stock spacer ????? Thaught there should be only one white origanal spacer in there.  Shocked

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Two white spacers
Reply #1 - 01/08/11 at 08:51:37

the picture is for illustration only.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 01/08/11 at 10:13:16

...using the half, instead of the full size richens the jetting in the mid-range...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
mmg123

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cyprus
Reply #3 - 01/09/11 at 03:10:38

Yes thank you very much for your replys.. The half spacer is a cut down one for doing has you say making the jetting richer. The full one is the original one that should be in there if untouched from factory. The half metal spacer should that be in there aswell with the full one if untouched from the factory or just the full white spacer if untouched. Nothing else only needle,spring,and full white spacer yea.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #4 - 01/09/11 at 06:41:00

Yep, what he said !

And just a little touch of advice,......??
don't touch that white spacer unless you have a reality reason to do so, such as needing 1 click choke to get it to run smoothly in the low to midrange (light load) throttle.
mmg123 wrote on 01/09/11 at 03:10:38:
Yes thank you very much for your replys.. The half spacer is a cut down one for doing has you say making the jetting richer. The full one is the original one that should be in there if untouched from factory. The half metal spacer should that be in there aswell with the full one if untouched from the factory or just the full white spacer if untouched. Nothing else only needle,spring,and full white spacer yea.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
mmg123

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cyprus
Reply #5 - 01/10/11 at 23:19:18

OK everything fine with carb it,s untouched from the factory inside. Had it to bits today and cleaned carb with carb cleaner and air line. The thing is i have been reading about doing the half spacer mod to stop backfireing when you slow down or turn off the bike you get a pop in exaust thats suddenly stopped and developed a new problem. I am getting black smoke when you throttle up and it does,nt sound right in the exaust and on tickover the exaust is puffing black smoke. It,s still there after carb completely cleaned but somebody has took the factory cap out the adjusting screw i have read how to adjust that screw but there is still no difference still got the black smoke  .?????????  Sad

IP Logged
mmg123

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cyprus
Reply #6 - 01/10/11 at 23:23:37

Ps the bike is a 1986 model this all started last week went to work one morning next day just started to sound funny road funny and black smoke ?????????

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #7 - 01/11/11 at 09:53:41

that may be the slide sticking - if it does slide freely you'll certainly have a rough mixture - should be clean as clean can get -

IP Logged
mmg123

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cyprus
Re: Two white spacers Prob Solved
Reply #8 - 01/11/11 at 23:55:04

Thank you guys for all your help and replys. But for this fantastic suzukisavage.com and all you friendly helping guys i would still be banging my head in the wall.

It has took me time to read your replys to my questions and read topics of the symptoms my bike was haveing with black smoke and excessive fuel useage.  The bike was runing fine one day and the next day not.

IT WAS THE PEACOCK VAULE LEAKING .

Thank you once again for all your help, ( Time to solve my next problem with the bike, Hard to shift gears )  Grin

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 01/12/11 at 11:08:24

Hard shifting is usually a linkage problem...  check that the shifter connecting rod (between the lever and the engine case) isn't bent,... and make sure the lever is positioned comfortably for your foot ( it's position can be adjusted with the nut at the end of the shifter rod, or more aggressively by the splined attachment going into the engine case. Just loosen it there, and skip up or down a couple of splines, then re-attach...

IP Logged
mmg123

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cyprus
Reply #10 - 01/13/11 at 06:06:59

Serowbot.

Thank for advice got home from work moved shifter up a couple of splines and took her for a ride perfect gear shifting all the way.

I have been adjusting my clucth cable for months even oil change thinking it had wrong oil in. Your a star thank you.

Next to raise the seat that is a pain in the arse  Grin  too low down.

Just some info on my bike i have had it 7 months. Its a 1986 model LS650 been stood 4 years before i bought it and shes had three owners. Last one must not have had a clue what he was doing. Timeing and fireing was back to front found that out after doing all the wireing and eventually getting a spark also had to reset the  decompression valve. Went to start her and she was popping out of carb.  Front drive belt pulley wobbling everywhere on first ride wasent mounted and tightened properly. She had broken off front fender bolts. And others here and there. Anyway going through it slowly putting things right. And get her back to ship shape. Had seats recovered Doing alot of metal cleaning and polishing has i go. Paint job last. I am a vehicle repairer painter by trade. And she does need a paint job frame aswell. I am glad i found this site and you helpful friendly guys. Cool

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 01/13/11 at 09:20:26

You're welcome...

You do know about the seat lift mod?...
I have mine raised nearly 2" in the front,... much more comfortable... Wink...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1109035237

If you want a taller seating position overall, installing taller rear shocks is great way to go... I used Suzuki 800 Intruder shocks for a 2" lift + the front seat lift.   Much more like a standard bike now than a cruiser...

IP Logged
mmg123

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cyprus
Reply #12 - 01/14/11 at 20:36:53

Thank you again for advice i will be doing that mod to seat this weekend.
You have a nice looking bike like intruder the shocks on there. Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 08:36:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Two white spacers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.