Lithium Batteries (Read 73 times)
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Lithium Batteries
01/06/11 at 07:01:41

Was on the wildguzzi site and read about lithium batteries.  has anyone here tried one?  sites they mentioned were www.shoraipower.com and www.mavirykdesign.com

The last one was intereting as the batteries were quit small and light. (but of course more expensive)! Shocked

IP Logged
IN-S40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Michigan City, IN
Re: Lithium Batteries
Reply #1 - 01/06/11 at 07:39:23

I have thought about this too as I think I have a battery about to go. Lithium batteries are nothing new to me as i have dozens of them for my model airplanes. It wouldnt be that hard to make one able to do what it needed to do for a bike, the hard part comes in with charging them. They do not like to be over charged at all, over charging a lithium polymer battery will most likely end up in flames. I have been looking at the A123 systems M1 lithium cell as we use thoes too. Much more forgiving and can sustain some pretty high amp draw but still would need a deticated charger on the bike. I bet the comercial ones mentioned have a charging circuit built right into the battery, probably why they cost more... I assume they are using lithium polymer batteries in them and even though they are pretty tough batteries they will start to get weak after about a year of constant use...(think laptop battery) I like to have a go at building one but to many things on my plate already as is..

Darren
IN-S40

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:24:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Lithium Batteries

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.