Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: opinions
Reply #15 - 01/06/11 at 00:04:35

LostArtist wrote on 01/05/11 at 14:02:11:
I think I can actually ride this thing and touch the ground, at 5'1" my choices of bikes are limited

Hmmmm?? You must have a decently long inseam for someone 5'-1" then? I'm only 5'-4" m'self, with a 29 1/2" inseam ... can flat-foot the Ninja 250s and the new Bonneville (one with cast wheels, 2-tone paint and flatter seat) ... almost flat-foot the Ninja 500 (though kick stand is too far forward to comfortably retract when deployed Roll Eyes) ... the Gladius (which I love) is slightly too tall in the saddle and would need to be lowered; same for Kawi Ninja 650 & ER-6N ... Versys and V-Strom I need a ladder! LOL! Have not test-sat a Buell, but have always thought they'd be uncomfortably high?

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 01/06/11 at 12:06:59

another options:

just buy a PS3 and get some bike games and gran turismo 5 so I can get my tinkering fix in without spending thousands of dollars

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #17 - 01/06/11 at 18:49:55

Serowbot wrote on 01/05/11 at 22:46:46:
A friend of mine, a very experienced rider, had a Buell...  he ended up selling it because of the heat it emitted from the in-frame oil reservoir... burned his leg every ride...
Serious design flaw...

I test-rode the Ulysses.  Nice bike, but the wires to the heated grips were exposed and fragile.  Also there was that heat issue.  The sales guy showed me exactly where to put the metal tape to protect my critical parts from cooking!

Personally, I much prefer cooked turkey or beef testicles:

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 01/06/11 at 21:17:14

I still want the buell! so now I have to brace myself for the increasingly common want but can't have regret to come. . .  

even though I have the money, it's on student loan refund, which is still a loan, but it's at like 5.something % I think, if I got a loan for the bike it'd be at least 6.something but I don't think I could handle two payments, even though with the student loans I wouldn't have to even start paying them back for another 2 years and I'd have my current bike paid off by then so it'd only be one payment!!!  grrr, you know it's a bad idea when you confuse yourself trying to justify it

right. . .  .  

I really want the buell

Sad

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #19 - 01/06/11 at 21:39:48

L.A. I do understand your dilema. I have not gotten to be my age without a few of my own. Now I ask myself is it a want or a need?
Well the answer can be both. You want the Buell, and you need to fill a void prehaps that your current bike isn't filling.
However, in 2 years if you wait you can afford another bike if you still want one and your other bike will be paid for as well.
If you think about it, 2 years is only 24 months.
Maybe take a pen and paper, write down your debts if you haven't already. Figure up how much better off you will be in 24 months compared to now if you buy the bike.
It is very easy to sometimes make a quick decision that in a short while one might wished they had not.
You have to do what you feel is best for you.
It is not as if their won't be another one available later on is there?
JMO for what it was worth..Smiley kim

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 01/08/11 at 19:40:32

okay, went and looked at the buell

I like it, it definitely vibrates like a harley though, at idle , but at speed, like harley, it's fine.  

it's a good bike for the price.   do I need it? no, do I want it, yes.  the only problem with it is, I can't reach the kickstand when I'm on the bike, trying to put the kickstand up. . .  

well, 12 hours until the auction ends . . .   going to sleep on it

also found out I can fit on a kawasaki er 6n, but they are only 2 or 3 years old and wont' be any around for a good price for awhile, and they aren't yellow, but good to know I can fit on some more options for bikes

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #21 - 01/08/11 at 23:32:39

does anyone use cash any more?
My social security pays me $983 a month,I cant afford payments,But I try and make it fun saving up $4000 , I quit smoking that was a biggie,
quit drinking, not so big but still saved money, buy a butt portion of ham ,roast it ,make two or three good meals ,plus a big pot of beans and a big bone for my dog I can go over a week with that,Winter is great for stews ,another cheap meal. And if any family member askes you what would you like for xmas B/day just say "Money" and another biggie,never spend change,just carry 4 pennies for helping round out odd change, Just last year alone I had $225 in change,I have one of those things that count your change as you save, Before you know it go out and pay cash,you always get a better deal with green backs.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Fredricka
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 06/21/11 at 02:37:26

PerrydaSavage wrote on 01/06/11 at 00:04:35:
LostArtist wrote on 01/05/11 at 14:02:11:
I think I can actually ride this thing and touch the ground, at 5'1" my choices of bikes x360key are limited

Hmmmm?? You must have a decently long inseam for wifirobin  someone 5'-1" then? I'm only 5'-4" m'self, with a 29 1/2" inseam ... can flat-foot the Ninja 250s and the new Bonneville (one with cast wheels, 2-tone paint and flatter seat) ... almost flat-foot the Ninja 500 (though kick stand is too far forward to comfortably retract when deployed Roll Eyes) ... the Gladius (which I love) is slightly too tall in the saddle and would need to be lowered; same for Kawi Ninja 650 & ER-6N ... Versys and V-Strom I need a ladder! LOL! Have not test-sat a Buell, but have bladeless fan always thought they'd be uncomfortably high?

another cheap meal. And if any family member askes you what would you like for xmas B/day just say "Money" and another biggie,never spend change,just carry 4 pennies for helping round out odd change.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 06/22/11 at 07:58:50

Its plenty fun riding close to the bikes limits, when riding  fairly clunky bike, like the Savage. Yea, I can drag pegs & I can make some pretty nice turns, but I FEEL uncomfortable at fairly low speeds. I am concerned hat IF I as on a bike that handled better & felt more sure footed.. I might be tempted to see how much faster I could handle a corner.. & I just mite NOT handle that corner.. anyway,, If you step up,, watch that learning curve..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #24 - 06/22/11 at 15:22:20

Boys and girls, I don't have to tell you this, but I will. If you can't pay cash you can't afford it. Now argue with me that your house or car was too much. I get that, but I played money roulette and was able to give $3500 for a 2000 Grand Prix with 90,000 miles. Just recently rode a CX 500 Honda that ran like a scalded dog, sounded great, little rough but not bad. $500. Didn't have but $1200 in emergency fund, so couldn't afford it. 20 year old water heater is now leaking and we may upgrade to gas requiring vent through roof and gas run to othr end of house. I now have the CHOICE to go back electric or spend more on the gas heater. That's the way it works. Do as you please...I understand. Just the way it works at my house. As long as I can ride, it don't matter. BTW I have a small savings of about $300 always ready for mc tire/parts that is mine. ihth

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 06/22/11 at 15:29:39

Boofer, gas heaters may be good enugh for a mall # of folks in the house, but if you need it to Make HOT water fast, stick with Lektrick.. ya get 2 heating elements & itll recover faster, or so Ive been told. I like gas fo stoves & heat, but I still have Lektrick H2O heater..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #26 - 06/22/11 at 15:36:55

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/22/11 at 15:29:39:
Boofer, gas heaters may be good enugh for a mall # of folks in the house, but if you need it to Make HOT water fast, stick with Lektrick.. ya get 2 heating elements & itll recover faster, or so Ive been told. I like gas fo stoves & heat, but I still have Lektrick H2O heater..

And if you have several people in your house, the instant hot water heaters are a life-saver!!! We swapped from a 50gal gas to an instant when we remodeled our basement. Our gas consumption went down, and you NEVER run out of hot water. In a house of 4 girls / 3 boys that is a necessity.

(If it can be mounted to an outside wall it can be vented out the side and does not have to go through the roof.)

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #27 - 06/22/11 at 15:44:40

You know I looked at whole house on demand gas heater and have a good friend with one that claims it runs bath, dw, and clothes washer with no problem. Prices were not bad last year when I checked. About $650 for a Bosch. Thanks, I'll put that back on the table. And my wife wants gas so it works when the power is off during an ice storm. It was off for 11 days here....in 1994. She never forgot.  Grin  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #28 - 06/22/11 at 15:48:05

we've lost power so many times in the last few years that I went out and got a generator last summer. Haven't lost power since. Go figure.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 06/22/11 at 16:00:30

On Demand works fine IF the water isnt loaded with minerals. All the water runs thru a small area to be heated, o, Of its got much crud in it, itll load the heater core up & itll die. PRR so the Old Man next door told me & he was a maintenance man for the city,,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 15:55:39

General CategoryThe Cafe › opinions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.