Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Jacket recommendations? (Read 422 times)
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Jacket recommendations?
Reply #30 - 01/27/11 at 16:30:27

Max, sorry to hear about your accident, but thanks for your thoughts on the jacket protection.  No one ever wants to have a spill, but one never knows, right.  So since this is my thread, I'll ask... how are you coping with the Big C now?  You are riding, so I take that as a good sign.  I hope you are kicking its azz!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 01/27/11 at 22:16:38

Have any of you tried the Joe Rocket hemp jacket?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 01/27/11 at 22:23:23

Yes. I smoked a whole sleeve & didnt get Nothin!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #33 - 01/28/11 at 18:58:09

Babyhog, thanks for asking. have a PET/CT on Monday morning to check up on the chemo progress, but I'm feeling fine. Was back on the road today with the sidecar rig, sans fender and it felt so fine. Kid brother and I got over an hour of seat time in and great lunch together to boot. In all probability keeping the cancer at bay is the best I can expect, but no pain and only other minor annoyances, tingly fingers and feet, drop lots of stuff, working on the bike, UTV or PU results in a potty mouth after while. Probably the wrong place for this. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #34 - 01/28/11 at 19:03:15

Just washed the Alpinestars yellow jacket and the blood from the scratch on the nose even came out with a little help from grandma's spot remover and a spry stuff. I have an early, like 1998 Alpinestars textile and this newer one, both in the short sport rider style, a Joe Rocket 3/4 length textile and JR mesh one for the days over 100. The Alpine one worn over a fuzzy(can't think of the correct name) jacket with the wind and waterproof liner is really toasty. All have armor in the forearms, elbows, shoulders and back. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #35 - 01/29/11 at 03:42:47

Glad to hear you're doin' better Max!

Speaking of M/C jackets ... I've never had a problem with buying used gear especially jackets (boots n' Lids are the exception) ... have 3 M/C jackets and picked 'em all up pre-owned ... most expensive was $50 (Joe Rocket) and least (my latest aquisition a week ago) $10 ... a near perfect condition leather Rhino with full back, shoulder and elbow padding in black/blue/white to match my ZZ-R! There are always folks out there selling next-to-new Bike gear for next-to-nothing 'cause they're getting out of the sport, cleaning out a garage, etc.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #36 - 01/29/11 at 06:17:59

I have an Alpinstars mesh jacket I purchased new few year ago. I wear it when I want to look like a transformer Grin Grin
All kidding aside, it has the armor and a liner as well.
Lately I have been wearing my leather seahawk jacket. It is heavy and with a  turtle neck as well as my leather vest, keeps me toasty warm.
Well as long as temps are at least 40 that is..
When temps are over 60 I have my pink lighter weight leather jacket.
I have a wool coat that I wear at times as well as a couple different denim jackets. Then their is the flourescent coat I have as well.
I have alot of jackets as seems our weather changes every 10 mins so it calls for more than one kind of jacket here..  Grin
I go for comfort as well as protection. My pink leather jacket has the marks from when I went down. It reminds me how fast one can have an accident and be caught off guard, as well as be glad they had the protection when it happened.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:28:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jacket recommendations?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.