Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Jacket recommendations? (Read 422 times)
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Re: Jacket recommendations?
Reply #15 - 01/05/11 at 10:13:51

close outs @:

jafrum.com
ironponymotorsports.com

I have bought stuff from both no problems - my boss wears a Joe Rocket jacket - he has not had any issues with his.

That jacket you picked is very cool with the blingy highlights and tapered fit for ladies......but I will stand by my hi-vis approach - tiny lady in dark riding gear is sexy  Shocked- but not practical from a safety standpoint...says the corporate safety dude.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #16 - 01/05/11 at 10:15:16

sjaskow - FSO wrote on 01/05/11 at 10:03:58:
If you don't mind not having the newest versions, http://www.newenough.com usually has pretty good deals in their closeout section.

For example, http://www.newenough.com/street/closeouts/textile_jackets_and_pants/cortech_b... gets decent reviews and comes in different colors.

Closeout is my middle name!  Many thanks for that link, I'll definitely browse them this evening.  I actually saw one like the 2nd link on Ebay, I think I have it on watch.  

And Boule' - You could wear anything and still look awesome!!  Wink  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #17 - 01/05/11 at 10:17:51

</div
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #18 - 01/05/11 at 11:06:09

babyhog wrote on 01/05/11 at 10:15:16:
And Boule' - You could wear anything and still look awesome!!  Wink  

Aw, SHUCKS  Embarrassed   Smiley  <scuffs shoe>

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #19 - 01/05/11 at 11:24:15

weracerc wrote on 01/05/11 at 10:17:51:

Not bad, and still kinda sexy!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #20 - 01/05/11 at 11:25:33

And Wow!  This is about the best I've seen one of these jackets look   Grin

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #21 - 01/05/11 at 12:50:51

exactly - hi vis sexy - the girl - not the dude!.....well you are entitled to your opinion...and I would rather see you posting here for a long time because others SEE you on the road in your blinding hi vis sexy suit and dont run over you.......

</div
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #22 - 01/05/11 at 13:01:06

That Shift Envy jacket is the cat's a$$!! I love it!

I have a yellow/black Joe Rocket Meteor that's 5 yrs old ... very comfy, but not sure about the quality ... hasn't been worn a whole lot as I have a no-name leather that I sometimes shuck on for a Ride as well ... the stitching is coming undone in several places on the J.R. ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
FlybysBlvd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, OH
Reply #23 - 01/06/11 at 10:58:11

http://www.newenough.com/street/jackets_and_vests/textile_jackets/tour_master...

Babyhog, why not have both mesh and textile.  I purchased the flex pants just for that reason and I love them!  The jacket is my next purchase, I am always looking for a 2 for 1 deal and this is it.  

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #24 - 01/06/11 at 11:59:53

FlybysBlvd wrote on 01/06/11 at 10:58:11:
http://www.newenough.com/street/jackets_and_vests/textile_jackets/tour_master...

Babyhog, why not have both mesh and textile.  I purchased the flex pants just for that reason and I love them!  The jacket is my next purchase, I am always looking for a 2 for 1 deal and this is it.  

That's a nice one.  I found this one and like it too.  Geez, I just had to ask for help.  So many choices, so little money!   LOL

http://www.newenough.com/street/closeouts/textile_jackets_and_pants/power_tri...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 01/06/11 at 22:37:56

babyhog wrote on 01/05/11 at 11:25:33:

And Wow!  This is about the best I've seen one of these jackets look   Grin

http://www.helmetshop.com/PDGImages/NEON%20BUSHWACKER.jpg

Whaaat the Heck?? I didnt sign any release,, Somebody Better come across with a Big fat Check if theyre gonna use my picture in their ad.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
FlybysBlvd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, OH
Reply #26 - 01/07/11 at 04:31:29

babyhog wrote on 01/06/11 at 11:59:53:
FlybysBlvd wrote on 01/06/11 at 10:58:11:

That's a nice one.  I found this one and like it too.  Geez, I just had to ask for help.  So many choices, so little money!   LOL

http://www.newenough.com/street/closeouts/textile_jackets_and_pants/power_tri...

WOW - I got that jacket last month, it is very nice - good and heavy, good armour and runs very true to size - price doesn't hurt either!    I haven't had the chance to use it yet, as I have electrics.  Can't wait to try it as soon as I can.  Very stylish Smiley I love Newenough.com  Grin

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #27 - 01/07/11 at 18:17:46

I've been using a First Gear mesh jacket with no complaints for hot weather. It is easy enough to clean, just remove the pads from the jacket and wash. I also have a First Gear leather which I really like for colder weather. The biggest complaint with the leather is that the collar closure used velcro instead of a button or snap. If not set right the velcro will rub on my neck and can bug the he!! out of me unless I wrap a bandana around my neck. I had to trim about 1/4 of an inch off the velcro when I first got the jacket just to make it comfortable. The leather has the zippered vents on the front and back which really helps keep cool on warmer days. Just remember cheap gear is better than no gear..

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #28 - 01/27/11 at 15:25:05

Well, I found a Mesh jacket cheap on Ebay and decided to take a chance.  I think its an older model, because it isn't on FieldSheer's website anymore, but it was new with tags, and I got it for $9.99 + around $15 shipping, so I figured 25 bucks for a new jacket was cool.

I got an X-Small and was a little worried, but it fits great.  The back armor feels weird, so I removed it, but I will try it when/if it ever stops snowing long enough to take a test ride.  The waist band is right at the top of my jeans, I like that.  The sleeves adjust with velcro, so I can tighten them up on my skinny little wrists.  The shoulder pads feel a little weird too, but I've never worn a true motorcycle jacket, so I guess I'll get used to it.

There is good reflective stitching on the straps, and the FS logos on the shoulder pads really reflect well.  I think I'm gonna like it.  

I just wanna ride, man!

Here it is:  sorry, pic is a bit blurry, dang flourescent lights in the garage

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #29 - 01/27/11 at 16:00:43

Having just tested my Alpinestar jacket, I can say anything padded is better than cotton, leather or shirtsleeves. When I hit the vehicle with the fender and fender bumper on the sidecar 2 weeks ago and spun the rig around and then the bike over on the left side with me still on it(at least for a while). The parts that didn't hurt were the upper body, have a horrible bruise on my left hip that is still painful to move, a torn up fingernail on my right bird finger, and almost healed nose where my glasses scratched it before spitting out a lens. Black eye has healed and face shield on the helmet ,which was up at the time is scratched, but it did its job of protecting my head and the jacket my upper body. Had I had my gloves and padded trousers on, it would have only been the black eye, glasses and face shield. Slowly getting the rig driveable again, seems the sidecar is a Canadian version and the USA version is different, USA 19"wheel and long fender and fender bumper and different mounting vs a 16 " wheel and shorter fender. Chasing parts in Canada now for what it is worth. Bike got the new pegs today as the left one was toast so is road ready. ATGATT means more to me now. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:24:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jacket recommendations?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.