Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2005 S40 vacuum line routing (Read 198 times)
lakegastonpack1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

2005 S40 vacuum line routing
01/03/11 at 09:51:25

I have a 2005 S40, and notice that one of my vacuum lines has come loose, and I can't find where it should connect. The line in question is on the right side of the carburetor, and is covered by a spring. I can't find any disconnected fittings anywhere. The fuel petcock line is connected.
Any info on how these vacuum lines run would be appreciated.

Thanks.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: 2005 S40 vacuum line routing
Reply #1 - 01/03/11 at 10:20:56

This is an image from the right side, notice the jug on the right and the carb on the left.

Spring covered line is the vac line and the one on the upper left of the carb is a vent line.

California models have one more.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 01/03/11 at 11:46:20

It goes up ti the back side of the petcock... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
lakegastonpack1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 01/03/11 at 20:55:19

The picture looks like it, but I still can't find where the hose connects; I have looked around the back of the jug, and can't see an open nipple or connection.
I don't think it goes to the fuel valve/petcock, as there is already a line connected to the back of it. That line connects to a nipple on the left side of the carb.
Thanks for the help.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 01/03/11 at 21:20:56

1/4" line (actually nearly 5/16") is the gas supply line.  goes from the bigger nipple on the petcock to the left side of the carb.

The vacuum line, about 3/16" (again a skosh bigger) goes from the smaller nipple on the petcock to the right side forward of the carb.

2 vent lines (also about 3/16" but no spring) on top of the carb, just point up into the frame.  In case you're flying upside down it'll keep gas out of your shorts.

And one more on cali models, about 1/8" comes from a catch tank under the swing arm.

WWW   IP Logged
lakegastonpack1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 01/03/11 at 21:41:49

Thanks!
I haven't had this bike too long, but I think someone may have hooked up the vacuum/vent lines wrong at some point. The bike only runs with the fuel valve in the "pri" position, and I had just assumed that the valve diaphragm was bad, but judging by this, it may be that the lines were hooked up wrong. I'll try and change the lines, and see what happens.

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #6 - 01/04/11 at 07:11:49

lakegastonpack1 wrote on 01/03/11 at 20:55:19:
The picture looks like it, but I still can't find where the hose connects; I have looked around the back of the jug, and can't see an open nipple or connection.
I don't think it goes to the fuel valve/petcock, as there is already a line connected to the back of it. That line connects to a nipple on the left side of the carb.
Thanks for the help.

The petcock vacuum line connects to the nipple on the right side, closer to the bottom and the engine end of the carb. The upper nipple on the right side, and it's mirror nipple on the left side are vent lines for the float bowl. Those hoses connect to nothing. They just run up along the frame.

If you need to have the petcock on PRI in order to get gas, the two right side lines are flipped.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
lakegastonpack1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 01/08/11 at 12:52:32

Thanks Folks !

Changed that vacuum line today, and it made the bike run smoother and it did fix the fuel valve. I would have never noticed the vacuum line was loose except by accident, and would not have figured out where it went if I had not found this site. Thanks again!

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #8 - 07/24/11 at 20:08:08

Just for future reference, here is a closeup photo showing where the carb's vacuum port is:

It is where the cut-off section of black hose is plugged into.  The front of the bike is to the right, in the photo.  You are looking at the starboard side of the carb.

Clear as mud?

« Last Edit: 08/17/11 at 18:31:52 by Digger »  

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 07/25/11 at 03:53:53

Hey, Digger,, Good to see you back,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 12:26:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2005 S40 vacuum line routing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.