Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
florida license plate requirements (Read 211 times)
logan31907

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: florida license plate requirements
Reply #15 - 12/25/10 at 11:16:19

Ed L. wrote on 12/25/10 at 11:00:46:
Come to think of it I was transfering the  bike's title in from Pennsylvania and registering it in Florida. I also had to transfer the title of an old Ducati and needed to bring that bike in to the DMV on a trailer. Call the DMV and ask what they need, I'm just letting you know what I went through with my bikes.

How come they don't make us bring automobiles in so they can compare vins but require motorcycles to? Its truly impossible to speak to someone at the dmv. I remembered I tried to call them to ask how much it was to renew a DL and I didn't get an option to speak to a live person.

I guess I will just go in there and ask them in person.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #16 - 12/25/10 at 18:41:52

Well I guess that they were busting my stones pretty hard. They were concerned that the bikes or titles were stolen, at least that was the line they used. I can't remember if they pulled the same sh!t with the car or not. If you are going for a driver licence renewal don't forget you pass port and original birth certificate, they are getting tough over at the Florida DMV. Angry

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
logan31907

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 12/25/10 at 18:48:02

Ed L. wrote on 12/25/10 at 18:41:52:
Well I guess that they were busting my stones pretty hard. They were concerned that the bikes or titles were stolen, at least that was the line they used. I can't remember if they pulled the same sh!t with the car or not. If you are going for a driver licence renewal don't forget you pass port and original birth certificate, they are getting tough over at the Florida DMV. Angry

They actually require two of the following: passport/birth certificate/social security card AND two pieces of mail showing your address. FL DMV sucks. Their always packed and you can never talk to anyone over the phone  Angry

IP Logged
TestPro

Show up, shut up,
catch up!

Florida
Reply #18 - 12/26/10 at 07:18:17

In February 2008 I walked into the DMV in Clearwater, 29399 Hwy 19 North, with the bill of sale and the title signed over to me. Took a number. Was called in less than 20 minutes. Provided my FL license as proof of residency and motorcycle certification. Showed my paperwork. Paid the bill and was out in less than 45 minutes with tag. I don’t even live in Pinellas County, I’m on the other side of the state. Everybody that I came in contact with was courteous, professional, and darn right nice.

The only thing I did was go to the  http://www.flhsmv.gov/offices/pinellas.html before I went to educate and prepare myself.

Cheers,

TestPro
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.

IP Logged
wayne929
YaBB Newbies

fort myers
Reply #19 - 01/08/11 at 10:40:44

i got my bike titled in manatee county just under you and turns out my 1997 savage has a 1982 gs650 title. not whats weird is my bike has the vin matching the title to the gs650 on it but yet still has suzukis stickers saying 1997. The dmv didnt care and went ahead and gave me a title without looking at the bike, and im 19 so i have to wear a helmet and have the white and red tag but if you have insurance and are over 21 then it doesnt matter.but they did nt ask if i had insurance or antyhing. they didnt even look to see of my liscnece has motorcycle on it!

Go Faster, So the Thrill of Speed Overcomes the Fear of Death
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 01/08/11 at 10:48:14

well insurance will be cheaper, but I don't think I'd bother with comprehensive.  Since the title don't match the bike, they'll weasel out of it.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:31:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › florida license plate requirements

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.