Riser pull back. (Read 279 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Riser pull back.
12/22/10 at 04:51:16

Can someone take a measurement for me please? (my '07 is in storage)
I need to know the pull back of the stock risers on the '07 S40. I would like to move the handle bars towards the front and I read that you can turn the risers around, but that might be too much forward adjustment.
Thanks.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Riser pull back.
Reply #1 - 12/22/10 at 04:58:29

Sorry, can't help you with an exact measurement, but I was wondering what you are suggesting would look like, so I pulled up some pictures.  This one gives a good perspective, I think, so maybe it will help you.  Personally, I think it would look strange with the risers turned around, but I guess its worth a free try.  If you do it, please post a pic...

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #2 - 12/22/10 at 06:27:11

Using that photo for reference, and knowing the bars are 1" in diameter, it looks like the riser pullback is about 1.25"

There's aslo the option of a straight handlebar, which would give you about 1.5 to 2 inches.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 12/22/10 at 11:15:43

Thanks motoBudha, but the handle bars are turned and that will lessen the angle of the bend in the photo. I did the same thing with a photo with the handle bars nearly straight on and calculated 1.5" approximate, which would move the bars about 3" forward- probably too much. I wonder if the risers could be straitened?

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #4 - 12/22/10 at 14:04:47

I don't believe they can be straightened, but others on here have used deep well sockets or even BMX footpegs as risers. Just a thought  Huh

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #5 - 12/22/10 at 14:44:38

arteacher wrote on 12/22/10 at 11:15:43:
Thanks motoBudha, but the handle bars are turned and that will lessen the angle of the bend in the photo. I did the same thing with a photo with the handle bars nearly straight on and calculated 1.5" approximate, which would move the bars about 3" forward- probably too much. I wonder if the risers could be straitened?

If 3" is too much, then straight handlebars might be your answer.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #6 - 01/12/11 at 05:02:10

What is the pull-back on the stock handlebars?

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 01/13/11 at 10:59:28

bump

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #8 - 01/14/11 at 08:23:07

Risers? What risers? Mine is an '87, and there are no risers.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #9 - 01/15/11 at 09:42:57

What exactly are you trying to get a measurement on?  
I'd be happy to take one for you, but I replaced my handlebars, so I don't think I can help.  sorry

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #10 - 01/15/11 at 17:47:53

I ordered a Flanders 29" broomstick handle bar and I want to know how much further forward I'll be leaning.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #11 - 01/15/11 at 19:41:45

Are you going to use the stock risers ('07 model, right?) or are you going down to the tree?  If using the '07 risers, it looks to me like you only need to know how much bend is on the stock handlebars themselves.  
(Sorry, I'm trying to help...)

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #12 - 01/16/11 at 05:42:52

That's exactly what I need to know!

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #13 - 01/18/11 at 15:12:45

Went to the dealer and measured today- the straight bars i ordered will be perfect.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 01:17:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Riser pull back.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.