Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bike was seating for over a month now won’t start? (Read 67 times)
StamfordSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bike was seating for over a month now won’t start?
12/19/10 at 13:27:54

I charged up the battery but no luck; pushing it down a hill didn’t help either.
The bike was running grate before, any ideas?

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: Bike was seating for over a month now won’t st
Reply #1 - 12/19/10 at 14:14:33

First, you didn't say if it is spinning over good with starter. If it IS, I would try to start it on prime. If it won't start I would drain the gas from the tank and the carb bowl. Then put fresh gas in, take seat off and put a small fast squirt of starting fluid in the airbox and try it. If it starts and runs turn petcock to run. If it still won't start I'd check the plug for fire. I'm sure others on here have ideas, but we could use a little more info from you. Year, miles, maintainence record, previous parts changed, mods, etc. Good luck.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 12/19/10 at 14:24:12

Gotta at least try it on prime. A month is long enough for the bowl to dry up some, but not enough for the gas to go bad, usually.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
StamfordSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 12/19/10 at 14:29:06

Hi Thanks for the quick reply,
It is not spinning at all with the starter; completely dead not even a clicking sound.
The only visible thing that happens when I push the start button is the head light dims out.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 12/19/10 at 14:33:44

Then I pull the battery, haul it to be checked & if it passes,, go home & figger on it,,, OR, most likely, youll need a fresh bat tree..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #5 - 12/19/10 at 15:42:48

StamfordSavage wrote on 12/19/10 at 14:29:06:
Hi Thanks for the quick reply,
It is not spinning at all with the starter; completely dead not even a clicking sound.
The only visible thing that happens when I push the start button is the head light dims out.

Oh, NOW you tell me.  Embarrassed Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #6 - 12/19/10 at 15:46:34

When I inherited my bike, it had set for 6 years in a garage. Same scenareo--charged battery, cleaned carb, etc., etc.. After replacing the battery with a new one, I still had no luck. I fiddled with the thing under the back seat, removed and replaced the solenoid, and still no luck. After I unplugged, cleaned and replugged several of the connectors under the main seat, it fired right up. Had some kind of short. I never did find exactly what, but have had no problems ever since. Oh, i had also replaced the starter. It was no good either. Insides were all tore up.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 13:16:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike was seating for over a month now won’t start?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.