Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 
Send Topic Print
2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1) (Read 11339 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)
Reply #870 - 08/02/12 at 05:43:30

MMRanch wrote on 08/01/12 at 21:28:20:
Well Lancer

Dave how you comming along ?   or is that another post ?

Mike   Smiley

I got an email yesterday from Ron Ayers.....the parts should be arriving in the mail today.  I have been cleaning things up and getting ready for the parts to come.  Last night I took the starter apart and painted it black - so it matches the engine cases.  I made a 1-13/16" normal socket into a deep socket by cutting it apart and welding an extension in it.....so I can tighten down the flywheel nut.  I need to make a holder to secure the flywheel while the nut is torqued.  I also ordered some Loctite 243 - which is the medium strength with more tolerance to oil.

Things will start going back together this weekend!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #871 - 08/02/12 at 09:55:05

Wow Dave

Welding  sockets back together ...  You must be right handy in the shop !

You remember the old style oil filter wrench ?    They grabed the circomerence of the filter with a band.   Both ends of the band being fastened to a handle about an inch apart .... well I remember seeing one made to use a piece of size 50 chain so the operator could hook any link and it seems like there was a vice-grip type handle ???    Wish I had of bought it , but at the time I must have been pinching penies.

We still do contra on tuesdays (1900 to 2100hrs.).   Every-other week is live band night.   Next tuesday is live night if ya'll can make it sometime.   Nothing like a short road trip !  Smiley

Inviation is open to anybody  who knows what "Contra" is.  
Hint:  Bring your Guitar , Bandjo or Fiddle if ya got one !  

Zuke

I got a pound of those alumium rods you were talking about.   They work just like advertised.   Its hard to tell a repair has been made becouse it looks so good !   I can start building things out of Alumium instead of steel now (not sure how strong it is yet).    Anybody  every try platting steel with that stuff ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #872 - 08/06/12 at 10:09:27

OK, time to start planning the post Labor Day trip if we are a gonna do one.   Yell out if you are interested.

Let's not try to base out of Boone area because there isn't really very much up there to do.   Fairly civilized looking, actually.

Cruso area would be better road-wise.  Why Cruso?  More central position for the trips towards Mt. Mitchell or Boone area and it would still allow Cherohala Skyway and assorted other known good trips in the other direction.    Plus, sharing a cabin with 3 folks at $15 a head sorta appeals to me price-wise, plus the good lounge area, etc.   Plus, we always meet some genuinely interesting people there, not crotch rocket BS'ers like we do at the Dragon.

Below is the link to the general weather patterns for Cruso, NC 28716 where the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground place is located.  

Place is here    http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com

Weather to expect is here     http://www.usa.com/28716-nc-weather.htm

September 8 through Sept 11 is still plenty 75 ish warm enough during the day but gets 50 ish at night, so the bad heat is done but the fall isn't fully here yet.   We are talking two long sleeve shirts and carry a coat & gloves with you sort of weather.

Rain has fallen off from the summer peaks down towards the October low rain period.   No leaves on the road yet, hopefully no hickory nuts or acorns either.   Can't make any promises about them tire dodging critters though, we seem to see a lot more of them on the Fall trips.

Plus, I think the smaller shorter Fall trips are simply more fun.   Have been so in years past anyway.

Lancer, did you ever hear about your surgery?   If we need to plan around it you need to tell us something.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #873 - 08/06/12 at 11:48:44

Lancer, did you ever hear about your surgery?   If we need to plan around it you need to tell us something.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning and should get a surgery date then.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #874 - 08/07/12 at 17:14:34

Will see the surgeon on the 16th and cut the next week likely.
I won't be riding at all until October.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #875 - 08/07/12 at 19:04:27

Mebbe next year or year after then, whenever you can come back up from the central states.

Oh well,  best laid plans and all of that .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #876 - 08/08/12 at 09:46:47

Mountains, I need mountains ....    

got new tire with nubbies on it ....

.... need mountains !!!

(not picky, find something you want to do)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #877 - 08/08/12 at 23:06:55

OldFeller why doin't ya come over to the other Hwy 129 for a day ?   I can put ya up for a couple nights and show ya the neighborhood.   Take hwy 30West out of telicoPlains and you'll have those tits wore off befor ya know it !   Just plot ya a course for Lynchburg TN.  we could go take the tour and see how they make JackDaniels while ya here.   Ya gota be kinda carefull about which ridding tales ya repeat in front of the Wife and Son (they think I'm a safe driver Wink).    

TN. State 129 runs from Lynchburg(Hwy 55/50) to Interstate 65 + (US 431) about 40 miles and is not quite as full of curves as US129 but is by no-means strait (100-150 curves).   There is also the Natches-Trace parkway in the area, goes from Nashville TN to Natches Missippi at the gulf.  Its kinda like the blueridge but not a curvey.  

I've only got one spare bedroom but the local motel is nice and priced in the $50.oo range but I've got a fire pit and 100 acres to camp on.   The rock house in the picture has two cots and AC.,small couch and vidio games also.

Smiley

some of the back yard

Summer_2012_103.JPG

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #878 - 08/14/12 at 08:47:38

It is tempting, but I am personna non grata in Tennessee, remember?   I done been formally warned that that nasty ol' BIG TICKET is waiting for me when I come back, plus then they get to take all my pocket money that I was going to use to buy guns and drugs with.

The likelihood of me adhering to 45mph speed limits for that many miles inside your state is a very very poor bet.   Another poor bet is me being around your wife and kids and still being able to keep all them little trip secrets from them -- wimmen have their ways of getting it out of you, generally by asking innocent questions not directed at the point of interest directly.

Innocent questions, like, "Were you there when Mike's Harley died last year?"  "Did you enjoy the scenery on your last trip?"   "Where all did you folks go visit while you were down in North Carolina?"

I may plan a little trip just for myself, and just go do some simple things instead of a whopping big ol' huge trip.

Wife rang in on my plans "Take me on a trip to Charleston instead", sez she.   So, to Charleston we go, driving her car because it has the best stereo and she can plug in her Ipod into the USB port in the dash .....        

Smiley

« Last Edit: 08/23/12 at 08:31:50 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #879 - 08/27/12 at 23:53:31

Let's go ride with these French guys .....  they look like they are having fun just getting to the mountains.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #880 - 08/31/12 at 04:58:45

Those guys are crazy!   Shocked

Insane how they just motored through the traffic circles, once they hit the mountains those roads looked like alot of fun though  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #881 - 09/01/12 at 10:01:22

I enjoyed watching the ride but those guys will pay the price for their careless riding someday.  
You can only cheat death or severe damage for so long.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #882 - 09/01/12 at 10:16:09

OldFeller you need to get you one of those bikes !!!

Ya anin't gona be happly till ya do !

Better hurry befor they are OUTLAWED.

If I drove like that ... The state would pull my Drivers Licenes and throw me in a hole somewhere the first day !

Grin

I think I need a "VIDIO GAME"  where I can safely drive like that !!!
It looks like FUN>>>
Cheesy

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #883 - 09/01/12 at 10:42:21

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #884 - 09/01/12 at 11:22:29

Tell the truth, you wished you were that young and reckless again, didn't you?

And you thought back to certain little excursions from years past with a wistful fondness.

================

Youth is wasted on the young ....

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 00:32:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.