Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 60
Send Topic Print
2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1) (Read 11339 times)
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Re: 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)
Reply #735 - 05/25/12 at 13:24:51

Okay.  I'll calm down now.  I am perfectly willing to pay Verslagen in advance.  Will mail check next week.

Versy, I'm pretty sure I have your address from previous correspondence.  If not, I'll TRY to PM you.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #736 - 05/25/12 at 16:48:29

Don't say a word .....    

I told Bill over a year ago I was a headed his way slow but sure and then when I got there he and I would sit on the porch and talk to each other in Billish.

Serenity is gonna sit with us and keep us company.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #737 - 05/26/12 at 11:35:01

Got RYCA hisself on the horn over at RSD "RYCA hurts to ride over 100 miles" thread.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1337965207/37#37

Come on over and encourage him to make a showing up at Dragon Week, it would be nice to actually see one of the things rolling on a decent piece of road.

Boy, it would sure get some drooly looks parked outside the Dragon Cafe.

And Lancer could film him kick'n my butt on the Dragon .....

Cheesy

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #738 - 05/26/12 at 20:47:16

Lancer

Sorry for the delay.   Had to take the "Family" vacation this past week .

OK
Will you put me in for Monday through Friday nights ?   5 nights  $22 (+ or - ) a bit.   I'll bring a sleeping bag and if we get tight for space I can do with a spot of floor space if it will save us some $$$$ as as group ?   If we need to switch to a smaller room , I'm still Ok with floor space for the $ of Tent space (Doin't even have to bring a tent)  !

I'm also OK with bring a Tent if going to a smaller room  works out better.  

Up untill time I leave the house Monday morning I'm flexable !  I plan to get there in plenty of time to light the grill  Monday night a slap a piece of meat on it ( maby a baked tater too.)
Anybody else want the coals while there hot its ok !

We stayed in "Sky Valley,Ga" last week, just south of Cashiers.   That hole area is full of neet roads with 55mph speed limits.!!

Smiley

RYCA

The factory seat hurt me too ....  I went to a Two piece Harley seat that bolts together in the midle to become one.   I think its off a SoftTail ... its as wide as I am and "Just So Fine to Sit on !".    300 miles a day is no problem anymore. (I still think Harley Motors are a great disign but poorly made)!

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #739 - 05/27/12 at 01:52:50

MM, forget about bringing your sleeping bag -- everybody has a bed with one to spare through Saturday AM when most of us are leaving.    

Lancer has cancelled the apartment after Friday night, he plans to collapse in with Al & Dave for Saturday night (providing Dave stays, he was saying something about riding back out with you).

We still need to get up with BigZuk, communications with him are very much list only right now as he can't send a PM.   I am planning to come by his place on Sunday and ride in with him, but I need his address and cannot get up with him.

No RYCA this year, the only one making noises doesn't have access to a trailer to bring it up.

Hey, to the RYCA guys, I am just "an old man in a Barcalounger" who can only make noise about riding motorcycles.    

Cheesy    We really should plan this fall to take a RYCA person black lining with us ....  (we will have to carry a spare gas supply again, they are even more miles limited than I am)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #740 - 05/27/12 at 08:25:39

Well ....

Maby Saturday night (if Dave stays) , I could get a piece of floor space and leave out Sunday Morning ?

Smiley

Anybody working on "Day Rides" yet ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #741 - 05/27/12 at 20:39:41

Nope, feel free to plan a few.    You can go back up Mt. Mitchell and Mt. Pisgah -- getting snowed on in the summer time is always a real head trip to me.

Whenever we go out by way of Bryson I want to ride through the nowhere tunnel all the way to the bloody end of the road (I suspect there is some sort of primo rough camping area back there that only the bike guys know about .... and bikes are OK to go back there, it sez so in the brochures).

Has BigZuk made any attempt to get up with you?   He cannot PM out but he can get them, so send him your phone number so he can call you.   He is out of town right now helping a guy restore an old car.  If you can, get his planned exit day from him -- make sure he knows about the apt ending on Friday night and the fall back into Al's room.  

Then you can PM me and give me his address and phone number and we'll get our communications done that way.

Saturday I am heading back if I am in any sort of riding shape at all.   Saturday will be 8 days on the bike for me, which is longer than I have ever stayed out before.  I'm bringing some bike tie-downs in case I wind up needing them, and that cheap $12 Walmart air bed in case I wind up needing that.

What is that get ready thing good Boy Scouts are supposed to do?      

Be Prepared

Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #742 - 05/28/12 at 05:24:43

With thought toward next year I was looking at The Blue Ridge M/C Campground mentioned again by O/F.  We spent a few nights at this place a few years ago and it is a very nice place to stay, with the added advantage of having 1 & 2 man cabins or camping area which makes it easier for making reservations individually.

BLUE RIDGE MOTORCYCLE CAMPGROUND

We start accepting Cabin Bookings March 1st for the season.

The cabins were designed, built, and furnished for the comfort of two people while traveling by motorcycle. Eight of our cabins have two twin-size beds that make it quite convenient for a couple of guys to share a cabin. The other cabins are furnished with one queen bed. Cabin rental includes sheets, pillows, blankets, and bath towels so there is no need to pack all of that camping gear on your bike while touring the beautiful mountains. The current nightly rate is $45.00 U.S. per cabin. Weekends are 2-night minimum for (Fri/Sat) or (Sat/Sun). Due to the popularity of our cabins, we suggest that you call to book your dates. Our phone number is (828)235-8350. Check-in time is 2:00 p.m. and check-out time is Noon. (**  http://blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/# )
The cabins have windows, lights and electric heat. Some of the cabins open onto the bank of the Pigeon River while the others have a view of the clear trout pond. The bathhouse is centrally located with separate showers and private dressing areas. Laundry facilities are also located between the separate bathhouses for men and women.

Cancellation Policy

At the time of booking, a valid VISA/MC will be charged a minimum of one night cabin rental. BRMC Bookings are subject to a $25.00 U.S. fee for any Cancellation/Change made eleven (11) days or more before the check-in date. There are no refunds within the ten days prior to the check-in date. There are no refunds for early departures.

CABIN PRICING & INFO
We start accepting Cabin Bookings March 1st
Cabins are $45.00 U.S. per night for 1-2 people.

Weekends are 2-night minimum.
(fri/Sat)    or    (Sat/Sun)

Check-in time: 2:00 p.m.
Check-out time: Noon
CANCELLATION POLICY
At the time of booking, a valid VISA/MC will be charged a minimum of one night cabin rental. BRMC Bookings are subject to a $25.00 U.S. fee for any Cancellation/Change made eleven (11) days or more before the check-in date booked. There are no refunds within the ten days prior to the check-in date or for early departures.

« Last Edit: 05/28/12 at 09:23:08 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #743 - 05/28/12 at 08:51:01

Plus (and you won't appreciate this fully until you go black-lining with us) it has a 3-D topographical road map up on the wall in the lounge.    When you are planning for adventure, this sort of map is the absolute cat's meow ....

Yeah, I think we've done the Dragon Lodge to death ... time to move on next year.

and ...   if you put an $11 walmart air bed on the floor you can sleep 3 in each cabin at only $15 a person.

As you can see, it is centrally located to a lot of the big sweep paths we already take (actually more so than the Dragon Lodge).

« Last Edit: 05/28/12 at 10:52:45 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #744 - 05/30/12 at 10:00:31

I'm so confused.......Who am I supposed to send payment to for the room?  And I DO like the idea for next year:  the Blue Ridge campground, sleep 3 for $15 each per night, can't sleep on the ground anywhere that cheap!

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #745 - 05/30/12 at 10:54:19

serenity3743 wrote on 05/30/12 at 10:00:31:
I'm so confused.......Who am I supposed to send payment to for the room?  And I DO like the idea for next year:  the Blue Ridge campground, sleep 3 for $15 each per night, can't sleep on the ground anywhere that cheap!

You are scheduled for the big room and that is under my reservation so send the payment to me via Paypal to savage.s40@gmail.com

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #746 - 05/30/12 at 20:42:18

Do I hear a Frog

snickering ?  or is that my imagaination ???

That BlueRidgeCampGround   is at the end of the Blue Ridge Parkway.  I camped there once and the little creek and the Clubhouse  make it nice.

I put an original type head gasket on yesterday , and rode about 200 miles today without  issue.    I checked  4 of the local bike shops hopeing to find a new(er) S-40 for a  spare  but there anin't none .

Only averaging 48 mpg and still plowing black smoke when I twist the throdle.   " I want 60 mpg "    

So If I'm getting the highest idle speed with the mixture screw  1/4 turn from bottomed out  then what do I need to change ?   How many sizes down in what (which) Jet ????   Only expert , sciencetiffic , no joke , really will work   ansures  please .!!!! Huh

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #747 - 05/31/12 at 05:46:33

MMRanch wrote on 05/30/12 at 20:42:18:
Do I hear a Frog

snickering ?  or is that my imagaination ???

That BlueRidgeCampGround   is at the end of the Blue Ridge Parkway.  I camped there once and the little creek and the Clubhouse  make it nice.

I put an original type head gasket on yesterday , and rode about 200 miles today without  issue.    I checked  4 of the local bike shops hopeing to find a new(er) S-40 for a  spare  but there anin't none .

Only averaging 48 mpg and still plowing black smoke when I twist the throdle.   " I want 60 mpg "    

So If I'm getting the highest idle speed with the mixture screw  1/4 turn from bottomed out  then what do I need to change ?   How many sizes down in what (which) Jet ????   Only expert , sciencetiffic , no joke , really will work   ansures  please .!!!! Huh

Pilot screw just 1/4 turn out ?  Getting black smoke on startup and idle or farther up the throttle range ? or both ?  
Either way, at just 1/4 turn out and getting max rpm then do to t he next smaller pilot jet.  That should get you into the 1.5 turns out range with the pilot screw.

Is this a stock carb ?
What are your needle and main jet set at ?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #748 - 05/31/12 at 22:34:41

Lancer

Thanks for the Advice , Changing the cam is whats going on .

It seem the blance between the jet sizes and cam lift is a delicate thing !

That High dome piston thrown into the mix has change things also.   Also I've noticed a slight vibration that wasn't there befor , piston weight ?

Anway  ...  tinkering  with it  (search for perfection) is part of the fun of having one !

I've order  one each of the next two sizes smaller pilot and also the next smaller main jet.

Comming off an idle it blows black smoke while barking the motor.   I suppect the smaller space the mixture has to compress to is the main reason for the "rich" behavor but I'm only  Huhguessing .  Huh

Stock carb. (yes)

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #749 - 06/01/12 at 05:00:04

MMRanch wrote on 05/31/12 at 22:34:41:
Lancer

Thanks for the Advice , Changing the cam is whats going on .

It seem the blance between the jet sizes and cam lift is a delicate thing !

That High dome piston thrown into the mix has change things also.   Also I've noticed a slight vibration that wasn't there befor , piston weight ?

Anway  ...  tinkering  with it  (search for perfection) is part of the fun of having one !

I've order  one each of the next two sizes smaller pilot and also the next smaller main jet.

Comming off an idle it blows black smoke while barking the motor.   I suppect the smaller space the mixture has to compress to is the main reason for the "rich" behavor but I'm only  Huhguessing .  Huh

Stock carb. (yes)

Barking  ? ?  LOL  
Are you feeding it Iams or just a store brand ?    Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 60
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 08:22:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.