Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 60
Send Topic Print
2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1) (Read 11339 times)
Bigzuk

Kodak Tn
Re: 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)
Reply #720 - 05/20/12 at 12:26:05

Fellow Dragon killers,
I plan on getting there Monday(Oldfeller, we riding in together?) and stay all week. At the most I could use floor space for the air mattress & sleep'n bag. If need be I will set up the small tent & give the floor space to someone else.

Bigzuk

Love my Savage !
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #721 - 05/20/12 at 13:42:51

Zuk, read the roll call below -- you got a bed dude, no bags, no tents, no hassels.    Just let us know how many days you are planning to stay so we can plan in for a late in the week arriver (if any more of them plan show up that is).

As for riding in together, I'll PM you -- can you get and send PMs?

=============

ROLL CALL       On Wednesday on we got 1 spare bed now !!!

Being a Month out  .......  let's update and refine with new knowledge

Please supply your planned exit day if you know it already, it is nice to know this for room balancing the later arrivals

This is looking to be a big one !!

We now have beds enough for everybody thanks to Al's and Lancer's booking generosity !!    

So if you are planning to come -- say so !!

Monday to Monday

By order of Arrival

Apartment starts Monday

Monday        Lancer  truck  (bottom bunk)
Monday        Oldfeller  biking  (bottom bunk)   out on Saturday morning
Monday        Bill Young  biking  (futon/bunk)    out on Wednesday morning 
Monday        MMRanch  biking  (futon/bunk)
Monday        BigZuk  biking  (futon/bunk)
Monday        Serenity  biking  (futon/bunk)   out on Saturday
Mon. Tues.    Youzguyz  biking  (floor, Oldfeller will bring air bed)

Room starts Wednesday

Wednesday   AlfromNH  truck  (queen bed)  out on Sunday
Wednesday   Youzguyz  biking (bunk)
Wednesday   Dave  car/tailer  (bunk)

Wednesday   we have one open futon/bunk in apt.

if a top bunk position bothers you, jest do what I do -- take the mattress off the bunk bed and lay it on the floor, sleep on it and then put it back in the morning.   Only 4 inches to fall iffen you do it that way !!   (not to mention those midnight bathroom trips are Sooooo much easier to do)

« Last Edit: 05/22/12 at 11:57:12 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Bigzuk

Kodak Tn
Reply #722 - 05/21/12 at 17:17:24

Oldfeller, Thanks, I plan to do the full week. Just tried to return your PM don't know if it worked. 3ok.
Bigzuk

OF replies:  Nope, you got no outbound PM.  I will PM you my cell phone number and you can give me a call.

« Last Edit: 05/22/12 at 07:42:28 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Love my Savage !
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #723 - 05/21/12 at 17:43:32

Cost per night per person for the Bunk Room

The room is $132/night so:

6 people:  $22 per person per night
5 people:  $26
4 people:  $33
3 people:  $44
2 people:  $66

I have to pay in advance when I check in and get the keys so if any of you wish to pay in advance it will be appreciated.  It makes life easier.  It looks like we will have a full house most of the week so just figure $22/night for advance payment.  If there are nights when the number is less then we can make adjustments for it on a daily basis.
Are ya'll good with that ?

This room is reserved from Monday afternoon (6-25) checkin to Monday morning (7-2) checkout.  

« Last Edit: 05/22/12 at 04:33:55 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #724 - 05/22/12 at 03:13:44

Rates on the small room are as follows. Wed. thru Sun.

2 people = $32.00/night
3 people = $25.00/night

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #725 - 05/22/12 at 07:35:08

Guys, if the Dragon Lodge is insisting on complete payment up front then Lancer and Al are squaring up to take it in the neck towards the end of the week when manning drops.    Especially on that Saturday Sunday, most everybody will be gone and Lancer will be stuck staying by himself in a $132 room he's already paid for.

This is what we used to do .....  but the new owner's policy change makes this impossible because you have already paid him for the entire week up front.

Cost per night per person for the Bunk Room

The room is $132/night so:

6 people:  $22 per person per night
5 people:  $26
4 people:  $33    
3 people:  $44       WE USED TO SHIFT INTO A 3 MAN ROOM AT THIS POINT OR IF WE HAD AN
2 people:  $66       ADDITIONAL ROOM WE COMBINED TO KEEP THE MAIN ROOM COUNT UP

I have to pay in advance when I check in and get the keys so if any of you wish to pay in advance it will be appreciated.
I plan to hand Lancer $166 when he gets in, that covers me and Bill Young for our entire stay counting the planned drop to 5 people.  And if the room rate goes up even higher, I'll give him some more ....

This new policy change also limits us to what happens if a back goes bad or a bike breaks and the folks leave early -- somebody takes it in the neck for the bed.

With these new Dragon Lodge policies, Al or Lancer (or both) are going to be $$$ out of pocket before this trip is over.

« Last Edit: 05/22/12 at 09:35:03 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #726 - 05/22/12 at 08:19:26

Next year, if we cannot arrange to keep the Dragon Lodge bunk equipped Apartment manned full up at $22 a night we might consider the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Cabins at Cruso instead.   If you stick to the week days, the cabins are still "pay as you go" (weekend cabins require a full 2 day booking).

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com

Splitting a $45 2 bed cabin 2 ways is $22.50 a night  (we stuck 3 in it with an air bed on the floor for $15 a night effective cost)   Cabins and beds were nice, the lounge area was superior to the Dragon Lodge and the scenery about the place was superior too.   Lancer fell in love with the 3D topographical road map up on the wall in the lounge (and we rode every little black line that went straight up & over a mountain top)

What experience has taught us is that we wander around in excess of 200 miles per day no matter where we stay.   And if the Dragon Lodge is becoming more of a pain in the butt to deal with each year, well heck,  next year we can plan to stay someplace else.

===============

EVERYBODY GIVE UP YOUR ANTICIPATED DEPARTURE DAY !!!

Once we plot the exit days I would suggest Lancer rebook the Dragon Lodge accordingly,  ending the apartment earlier and dropping back into a room.

I for example cannot see staying past Saturday morning, as I may need 2 full days to limp home as I am planning on staying until my body is totally shot.

« Last Edit: 05/23/12 at 08:46:04 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #727 - 05/22/12 at 09:13:44

Roll call for your departure day !!!

Apartment starts Monday

Monday        Serenity  biking  (futon/bunk)   out on Saturday morning
Mon. Tues.    Youzguyz  biking  (floor, Oldfeller will bring air bed)  out on Friday morning

Room starts Wednesday

Wednesday   AlfromNH  truck  (queen bed)  out on Sunday morning  (room ends after Saturday night)
Wednesday   Youzguyz  biking (bunk)   out on Friday morning Wednesday   Dave  car/tailer  (bunk)

« Last Edit: 05/24/12 at 10:57:59 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #728 - 05/22/12 at 12:00:07

Bigzuk, yes we will ride in with you -- still have not gotten a phone number to call you and the list PMs apparently aren't working worth a flip.

Check your PMs and try to send me your phone number by PM and email.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Bigzuk

Kodak Tn
Reply #729 - 05/23/12 at 06:42:47

Oldfeller,
I'll call you tonight to talk details. Sorry I been out of town helping a "Mate from down under" restore a '35 Packard. I think I got Mikes phone, if so I'll call him also.

Bigzuk

Love my Savage !
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #730 - 05/24/12 at 08:02:39

HEY OLDFELLER  

Man.. I really hate to shout..

Departure Day is tentative for FRIDAY.

I was hoping to hear what MM Ranch was going to do first to see if I might ride with him into the sunset.  
Who knows what MM is gonna do -- he doesn't know himself until he does it !!!

Could change to Thursday if I determine it takes 4 days to get there.  ( I still haven't had time for a long distance butt check )

Could change to Saturday if my wife can get a ride to the Dr on the 1st.

BUT FOR THE PURPOSES OF ROOM JUGGLING, PRICING, PONDERING.. make it Friday.

I got no problem with a prepay.  I presume I need to pay Lancer and Al.
PMs .. don't trust 'em.  So, all interested parties please use my email to send interesting info like who to pay, how to pay, how much to pay, also send me your phone numbers  (might as well start gathering that info now)..  I will reply to your emails with my contact, phone, etc info.

oh.. I have to put my email address here.. . OMG..  
Just created a throwaway account: thumperhamish@gmail.com

You will get my real email address when I reply.

« Last Edit: 05/24/12 at 12:36:36 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #731 - 05/24/12 at 10:32:24

Youzguyz,

You are golden whenever you show up -- except for the floor sleeping arrangements which have changed because I am biking in now instead of trucking in so I won't be trucking you in a bed roll and air mattress for you.   Don't worry, we will still take care of you.

I am going to go by Walmart and pick up a $12 twin sized vinyl air bed (which comes in a shoe box sized box all folded up nice and neat) which will fit over my rear brake light bungied to the sissy bar.  

You can use the washed bike blow off device at the lodge to fill the fat little sucker up and sleep on it tucked up inside some of the extra blankets they provide at the lodge.   Fold you one up to make you a fluffy pillow, you could.   Last year they had a few spare pillows, so you might actually get to sleep "normal syle" on a twin bed with a pillow just like the rest of us.

Might be so appealing it makes a top bunk guy jealous ....

=================
=================

Now, if Lancer was smart he would cancel the big apartment on Saturday and collapse everybody into a new 3 man room. .  This would like save him like $100 in "in the neck costs".  

Cheesy    But then again, some people are rich and don't have to sweat the $$$ so much.     Dude, you need to call the Lodge now and make the change before the lock in period starts.

Roll into Lancer's new 3 man room starts Saturday PM

Lancer
BigZuk  &  MMRanch  
I betcha these two take off back to Tennessee about now anyways as they are only a couple of hours away from BigZuk's house.  If so, Lancer moves to Al's room with Al and Dave.

Al's room lasts one more night (Saturday)

Al
Dave

« Last Edit: 05/24/12 at 12:34:52 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #732 - 05/25/12 at 05:00:27

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/24/12 at 10:32:24:

Youzguyz,

I am going to go by Walmart and pick up a $12 twin sized vinyl air bed (which comes in a shoe box sized box all folded up nice and neat) which will fit over my rear brake light bungied to the sissy bar.  

You can use the washed bike blow off device at the lodge to fill the fat little sucker up and sleep on it tucked up inside some of the extra blankets they provide at the lodge.   Fold you one up to make you a fluffy pillow, you could.   Last year they had a few spare pillows, so you might actually get to sleep "normal syle" on a twin bed with a pillow just like the rest of us.

Might be so appealing it makes a top bunk guy jealous ....

OldFeller.  Do NOT do that!!!
Unless you are going to buy it ANYWAY.  
I haven't even looked around the house to see what I got or tried to see what will fit on the bike and how it will fit.
And if WallyWorld has something that dinky and cheap, I can go buy my own before I leave and probably make it work.. and give it to you when I leave!

If you had already had it and be truckin.. that's one thing.  You not having it and having to pack it.. just not right.
Criminy.. I could probably buy one of those cheap floaty air thingies used in a pool and get by for a night or two.

I'll let you know.. and I do appreciate the thought.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #733 - 05/25/12 at 12:29:20

So do I understand rightly that there will NOT be an apartment room, only motel-type rooms?  If so, I think I will bring my tent and sleeping bag and camp under the stars.  'Cause I can see the 3-person rooms getting fairly crowded with snoring bodies!

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #734 - 05/25/12 at 12:39:50

serenity3743 wrote on 05/25/12 at 12:29:20:
So do I understand rightly that there will NOT be an apartment room, only motel-type rooms?  If so, I think I will bring my tent and sleeping bag and camp under the stars.  'Cause I can see the 3-person rooms getting fairly crowded with snoring bodies!

NO NO, there will be an apartment and you are on the list for the apartment room from Mon. to Sat. morning

Apartment starts Monday

Monday        Serenity  biking  (futon/bunk)   out on Saturday morning
Mon. Tues.    Youzguyz  biking  (floor, Oldfeller will bring air bed)  out on Friday morning

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 60
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:26:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.