Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 60
Send Topic Print
2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1) (Read 11339 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #690 - 05/10/12 at 10:10:49

youzguyz wrote on 05/10/12 at 08:55:05:
I am REALLY considering making the run this year.  Just not sure about it.

I don't do "camping".
From what I can see, there is still going to be at least a futon to sleep on somewhere?

I wonder how long it will take my old bones to ride my worn out Thumper that far..

I guess 3

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #691 - 05/10/12 at 11:39:52

We will have a place for you, if you commit to making the trip now.

Toymaker dropped out, so his bed is available.

Remember, when we get in closer -- bed space kinda gets up in the air with the new last minute arrivals.

Right now we have space available .... but this will change as folks ring in and out during the week before trip time.

« Last Edit: 05/10/12 at 20:53:44 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #692 - 05/11/12 at 05:42:45

Lancer,  that's 3 days you figure it will take me to make the ride, or 3 places to sleep open?

OF: I will commit.  Subject to change due to health, both bikes disintegrating, or if the wife bites me or if the dog leaves me..  
No..  those last 2 would just give me more cause to make the trip.   Plus I don't have a dog and I can hide the wife's teeth.

I will be testing my endurance for all day riding between now and then to give me an idea of how much I can put up with.

Now.. anything in particular I would need to know (seeing how it is this is my first outing with this group)?  What brand of blue mud do I need to rub in my navel?  Make darn sure I bring what?  Make extra darn sure I don't bring what else?

Yeah.. and I will go back and read this thread when I have the time.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #693 - 05/11/12 at 08:03:27

Youzguyz

I rode from Dallas to SanAntion once .   Best I remember it took most of the day!  

Look up Lynchburg TN. on your map.   Once you get to Memphis You can pick-up  Hwy 64 (senic route) east , that will take you all the way to Hwy 129 and Dragon central.  

What day you think you might be comming through midle TN. ?

Smiley

The Hwy 129 in Lynchburg is State and the Hwy 129 in Dragon central is Federal.   They are both fun roads, ours is a lot more layed back though .

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #694 - 05/11/12 at 08:29:44

MMRanch,

I just started fiddling with the route.  I start by drawing a straight line between points A and B, then figure what roads will get me there without using the super slab too much.

Right now, I am going south of Tennessee.

http://tinyurl.com/7lk5cen

Subject to change on a whim.  

Route suggestions always welcome, especially if you have "been there, done that".

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #695 - 05/11/12 at 11:05:58

As you plot your route and get a guess on your arrival day,  post it in big print so I will see it (I am getting frickn' old and blind and deaf) and then I will re-roster the beds with your name in the mix.

According to what we know now (and it will all will change at least some during the next month) possibly the best landing time is Wednesday to share a bunk bed in Al's room.

If you plan to show up earlier, pack a air mattress and a sleeping bag.  This sounds rough than it is, but $20 at WalMart will get an air bed that makes it as good or better than the futon rig ups.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #696 - 05/11/12 at 11:22:03

This is looking to be a big one !!

We now have beds enough for everybody thanks to Al and Lancer's booking generosity !!  If BuckRyca shows up and books yet another room we will have a total of 4 unused beds.  If Buck doesn't show up, we will still have 2 unused beds, so if you are planning to come -- say so !!

Monday to Monday

By order of Arrival

Monday  Lancer  truck  (bottom bunk)
Monday        Oldfeller  truck  (bottom bunk)   out on Saturday morning
Monday        Bill Young  truck  (futon/bunk)    out on Wednesday morning
Monday  MMRanch  biking  (futon/bunk)
Monday  BigZuk  biking  (futon/bunk)
Monday  Serenity  biking  (futon/bunk)   out on Saturday
Monday  Youzguyz  biking  (floor)

if a top bunk position bothers you, jest do what I do -- take the mattress off the bunk bed and lay it on the floor, sleep on it and then put it back in the morning.   Only 4 inches to fall iffen you do it that way !!   (not to mention those midnight bathroom trips are Sooooo much easier to do)

Wednesday  AlfromN.H.  truck  (Queen size bed)
Wednesday  Serenity  biking  (bunk bed)

??                 Toymaker biking  (bunk bed)     (sold his bike -- again)
??                  Buck Ryca  (private room, tent or bunk bed)

We have ?? question marks ??  because some folks haven't checked in to say what they are planning on doing and when they are arriving.

« Last Edit: 05/22/12 at 08:42:14 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #697 - 05/11/12 at 11:55:38

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/11/12 at 11:05:58:
As you plot your route and get a guess on your arrival day,  post it in big print so I will see it (I am getting frickn' old and blind and deaf) and then I will re-roster the beds with your name in the mix.

According to what we know now (and it will all will change at least some during the next month) possibly the best landing time is Wednesday to share a bunk bed in Al's room.

If you plan to show up earlier, pack a air mattress and a sleeping bag.  This sounds rough than it is, but $20 at WalMart will get an air bed that makes it as good or better than the futon rig ups.

MY INITIAL INTENT IS TO LAND ON MONDAY LATE

Leaving Saturday 06/23.
My map is lettered showing where I tend to stop for the night on my trip.  I don't know yet if that is too aggressive or not.  I'll be taking some long day trips to see how I feel about that.

If I have to sleep on the deck.. eh.. so be it.  

I ain't gonna pack no air mattress or sleeping bag unless I have room.  Push comes to shove, I can buy an air mattress somewhere on Monday.. and give it to someone before I leave.  Or some kind soul who has one laying around and is trucking in anyway could let me rent theirs.

Like ya said.. way too early for definites.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #698 - 05/11/12 at 13:38:57

Lancer, since you are the only one trucking in on Monday, can you pack a spare sleeping bag and an air mattress (if you already own such things, that is).

Also, did the elusive Toymaker ever get up with you about the offer of the loaner Savage?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
jimbobbert
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #699 - 05/12/12 at 22:43:27

Would love to go, but i have one question- is there a way to edit the original post to reflect the current "set-in-stone" dates for the run? I expect to be back in the states by a least june or middle of june. Only problem is getting the savage done, otherwise i'll be making an appearance on my Ducati  Shocked

Rob

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #700 - 05/13/12 at 05:57:32

We love Ducati's !!!

How is your second gear?   Forget first & third -- you'll never see it.  

Wham Wham Wham Wham (throttle on, throttle off)

Ducati's cook at the Dragon !!!!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #701 - 05/13/12 at 06:43:08

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/11/12 at 13:38:57:

Lancer, since you are the only one trucking in on Monday, can you pack a spare sleeping bag and an air mattress (if you already own such things, that is).

Also, did the elusive Toymaker ever get up with you about the offer of the loaner Savage?

No contact with the Toyman

May have a sleeping bag but will need to check storage...doubtful on the air mattress but will look

« Last Edit: 05/14/12 at 12:37:27 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #702 - 05/14/12 at 10:11:10

LANCER wrote on 05/13/12 at 06:43:08:
Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/11/12 at 13:38:57:

No contact with the Toyman

May have a sleeping back but will need to check storage...doubtful on the air mattress but will look

Lancer,
I appreciate you checking on that for me.  If "no go", no sweat.  I'll make do and/or buy what I need from the locals.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)
Reply #703 - 05/14/12 at 12:00:43

Youzguz,

We got you covered even if you have to sleep on the floor.    You need to commit to the trip though or else somebody else will swoop up your spot. And, if you wanted to land on Wednesday we have a bunk/futon you can sleep on.

Bill Young and I will be trucking up in a rented truck, so I can bring the kitchen sink now if I want to.   I will bring a bedroll and an air mattress to cover somebody for Mon-Tues.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)
Reply #704 - 05/14/12 at 12:12:14

ROLL CALL

Being a Month out  .......  let's update and refine with new knowledge

Please supply your planned exit day if you know it already

This is looking to be a big one !!

We now have beds enough for everybody thanks to Lancer's booking generosity !!  If BuckRyca shows up and books yet another room we will have a total of 2 unused beds, so if you are planning to come -- say so !!

Monday to Monday

By order of Arrival

Monday  Lancer  truck  (bottom bunk)
Monday  Oldfeller  truck  (bottom bunk)
Monday  Bill Young  truck  (futon/bunk)    out on Wednesday    Al takes the bed when he arrives on Wednesday
Monday  MMRanch  biking  (futon/bunk)
Monday  BigZuk  biking  (futon/bunk)
Monday  Serenity  biking  (futon/bunk)   out on Saturday
Monday  Youzguyz  biking  (floor, Oldfeller air mattress and bag)

if a top bunk position bothers you, jest do what I do -- take the mattress off the bunk bed and lay it on the floor, sleep on it and then put it back in the morning.   Only 4 inches to fall iffen you do it that way !!   (not to mention those midnight bathroom trips are Sooooo much easier to do)

??                  Buck Ryca  (private room, tent or bunk bed)

We have ?? question marks ??  because some folks haven't checked in to say what they are planning on doing and when they are arriving.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 60
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 12:29:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.