Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 60
Send Topic Print
2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1) (Read 11339 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #675 - 04/15/12 at 15:52:09

Lancer, when do you think you will hit the Dragon Lodge on Monday?   Main thing is that we don't need to show up before you do, I doubt they would let us have the keys to the room without you.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #676 - 04/15/12 at 17:29:58

[quote author=64474F4D4E47474E592B0 link=1292661121/675#675 date=1334530329]  
Lancer, when do you think you will hit the Dragon Lodge on Monday?   Main thing is that we don't need to show up before you do, I doubt they would let us have the keys to the room without you.

I should be there by early afternoon; 12-1 timeframe.
They require full payment at time of check-in so if you get there early and want to swipe your card FOR THE CAUSE then bless you my brother.
I can leave word that you are authorized to take possession if I'm not there yet.
I will prepare a room-rate per day chart based on number of folks per night so there is no confusion of who owes what for the time each is there and post it on the door.

« Last Edit: 04/15/12 at 22:06:45 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #677 - 04/15/12 at 21:37:58

When we get closer in you can give us an o'clock estimation of when you will arrive and we will get there about half an hour either way of that time (depends on the Hurley traffic, you know how slow they can be)

Rationally, you need to not give those folks money for the entire week -- that is illegal in NC BTW.   They can ask for and keep 1 days worth funds to guarantee the room to be there for you on the day you arrive.

I'd ask the guys to settle up day by day and pay the clowns day by day, after the first day, simply telling them that the crowd in the room will be different numbers of folks on different days so you can't predict what you will owe them until the day (and the people) arrives.

They might come back at you for single person rate for the entire time, but once again, that is legally quite dubious in NC.

Things will get more dicey on Wednesday and later, as you will slowly lose people as the week wears on.   For example, when my body quits on me I may lay in another day to recuperate, but will then likely begin the limp home at that point in time.

At some point in time towards the latter weekend you will likely want to roll the remaining people into the 3 man room as the 6 man apartment loses all economic advantage when the manning goes below 4.  

If the rate of new people showing up doesn't equal the folks leaving, your occupancy rate will drop.

================================

Hey, if the new owners really do have a stick up their butts and aren't good to deal with any more, there is always the motorcycle place across the river bridge with the little cabins (Cuso, NC wasn't it?).

Some of us like the Dragon Lodge because it suits us OK as a base camp, but then again the majority of us have done the "roving about" thing as well and realize there are other options that would work just as well or better.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #678 - 04/15/12 at 22:12:04

yep
Cash daily for the room campers
If the new owners cannot work with us then we can move to greener pastures

IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #679 - 04/22/12 at 04:54:24

Hi Guys

Just letting you know I won't be riding the Dragon anytime soon.  Due to a situation beyond my control, I had to sell the bikes...all gone...nada in the garage...makes me sad but life goes on.  I'll stop by from time to time but ...well you know how things go.

Keep the rubber side down.

T

Because I can!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #680 - 04/22/12 at 05:34:26

Toymaker wrote on 04/22/12 at 04:54:24:
Hi Guys

Just letting you know I won't be riding the Dragon anytime soon.  Due to a situation beyond my control, I had to sell the bikes...all gone...nada in the garage...makes me sad but life goes on.  I'll stop by from time to time but ...well you know how things go.

T

Dude, I am so sorry to hear that.
I can bring a spare bike for you to ride if that would help you make the ride.

IP Logged
Bigzuk

Kodak Tn
Reply #681 - 04/22/12 at 10:51:56

Hi Guys

T

Toymaker,
I hate to hear that, you will be missed!
I was looking forward to seeing you this year.
Hope everything is OK on the home front buddy?

Bigzuk

Love my Savage !
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #682 - 04/23/12 at 12:43:24

Hi Guys

T

T, I hate that you had to sell the bikes.  Why don't you let Lancer lend you a bike?

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #683 - 04/23/12 at 19:29:42

Hi Guys

T

Toydude, I'll come and pick you up and take you home if you can get away for the week or even a part of it.  If you needed to leave early you could ride one of the bikes back home and I could pick it up later when I leave.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #684 - 05/02/12 at 06:39:39

ToyMaker

Once a Biker-AllWays a biker
I suppect you'll get another bike ... But doin't put it off or you'll be too OLD to ride it !!!!   Grin

I took mine apart again , all that NEW compression had found its way around the HeadGasket (solid copper).   It seem there is a limit to what can and can't be done in compression terms.  

Well I took some of the "Aggression" out of the cam and the engine quit complaining about "Too Much Compression and Too Big Explosion",  now its just a mild Egg shape opening and closing on the intake ... I took out most of the overlap between exaust closing and intake opening too.   A lack of power never was an issue anyway.

It still has power to slip the clutch allmost any time .

So my Savage seems to be , Dragon Ready !    The Comander II tire drifts a lot more than the Car tire did but its a controlled feeling thing , Kinda feels GOOD when the rear starts comming around and drifts out of line with the front !!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #685 - 05/02/12 at 16:07:52

Yup, I'm a remembering that last trip with leaves, acorns, squirrels, chipmunks, possums, fog, clouds, rain and FAST FAST FAST riding.

Lancer is bringing him a hundred mile an hour tweeked street sleeper and him and I are going hurley hunting street sleeper style.

MM, you and Hirshito Honda both out there a hand grinding your own cam profiles to suit the need of the hour.   You keep good company, anyway.

Grin   Grin   Grin

You know it is only a month and a bit away ....

Time to finish up your bike maintenance and last minute mods !!!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #686 - 05/02/12 at 20:12:39

You mean "Everybody doin't grind their own cams  when the earge hits em ?

I've had a few Honda cycles , liked everyone of em.  

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #687 - 05/05/12 at 16:55:57

Hey, some upbeat news.

I got my full week of vacation approved -- I will be up in them thar hills starting on Saturday June 23th ....  meet up with the guys on  Monday the 25th around noonish.   Then we will go do until my doer breaks down on me !!!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #688 - 05/07/12 at 13:11:43

Yeeeeeee Haaaawwwww!

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #689 - 05/10/12 at 08:55:05

I am REALLY considering making the run this year.  Just not sure about it.

I don't do "camping".
From what I can see, there is still going to be at least a futon to sleep on somewhere?

I wonder how long it will take my old bones to ride my worn out Thumper that far..

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 60
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 12:29:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.