Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 60
Send Topic Print
2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1) (Read 11339 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #660 - 04/10/12 at 21:45:10

I just found out Kent has to go get a job instead of playing in the mountains with a Dragon.   That's according to his Wife and his Banker.

That just means there is a extra bed open at big room !  Speak-up Quick , if ya want it.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #661 - 04/11/12 at 12:10:01

updated due to folks thinking about coming in earlier and Al getting a smaller room starting Wednesday

Monday to Monday

By order of Arrival

Monday  Lancer  truck  (bottom bunk)
Monday  Oldfeller  biking  (bottom bunk)
Monday  Bill Young (Oldfeller's friend)  biking  (futon/top bunk)
Monday  MMRanch  biking  (futon/top bunk)
Monday  BigZuk  biking  (futon/top bunk)
Monday  Serenity  biking  (futon/top bunk)  
Wednesday  AlfromN.H.  truck (floor -- air mattress)
Wednesday  BuckRyca (? coming with Al ?) (floor -- air mattress)

??                 Toymaker biking  (floor -- air mattress)

We have ?? question marks ??  because folks haven't checked in to say what they are planning on doing and when they are arriving.

Needless to say, folks plans move around some right up until the day of arrival, so no list is totally fixed in all the details.  Showing up a day earlier would get you somewhat better accommodations, obviously.   Cancellations will cause everybody to move up a slot, and we always have a few at the last minute every year.

Also, there might be enough people coming to rent an extra 3 man room and sleep 3 in it
 (2 bunk beds and a queen bed).

.... and iffen I wuz Al and BuckRyca and Toymaker, I'd call up and reserve me a 3 man room rather than sleep on the floor ....

« Last Edit: 04/12/12 at 07:25:15 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #662 - 04/12/12 at 06:40:42

I just reserved a room for Wed,thurs,fri,& sat nights. If someone wants to join me, thats great. If not, I'll enjoy the quiet room(no snoring). Either way. Let me know.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
BuckRYCA

New London, CT, USA
Reply #663 - 04/12/12 at 06:45:41

Going to put myself on the Maybe list. Too much going on to commit. If I do show, I'll let you know, so I can be at the right place/right time. As for rooming, I'll get a room by myself (I snore) or tent.

'96 Savage - now a Ryca CS-1
WWW BuckRYCA BuckRYCA   IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #664 - 04/12/12 at 07:06:34

ALfromN.H.  FSO wrote on 04/12/12 at 06:40:42:
I just reserved a room for Wed,thurs,fri,& sat nights. If someone wants to join me, thats great. If not, I'll enjoy the quiet room(no snoring). Either way. Let me know.

AL

Hey, Al!  I may be arriving on Monday, but if my bed is relegated to a pallet on the floor in the big room, I would like very much to reserve a bed in yours for the remainder of the week.  I hope we don't have to do any mechanicking this year!!!  Hope you have a safe trip down from NH!!

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #665 - 04/12/12 at 07:36:10

This is looking to be a big one !!

We now have beds enough for everybody thanks to Al and Lancer's booking generosity !!  If BuckRyca shows up and books yet another room we will have a total of 4 unused beds.  If Buck doesn't show up, we will still have 2 unused beds, so if you are planning to come -- say so !!

Monday to Monday

By order of Arrival

Monday  Lancer  truck  (bottom bunk)
Monday  Oldfeller  biking  (bottom bunk)
Monday  Bill Young (Oldfeller's friend)  biking  (futon/bunk)
Monday  MMRanch  biking  (futon/bunk)
Monday  BigZuk  biking  (futon/bunk)
Monday  Serenity  biking  (futon/bunk)  

if a top bunk position bothers you, jest do what I do -- take the mattress off the bunk bed and lay it on the floor, sleep on it and then put it back in the morning.   Only 4 inches to fall iffen you do it that way !!   (not to mention those midnight bathroom trips are Sooooo much easier to do)

Wednesday  AlfromN.H.  truck  (Queen size bed)
Wednesday  Serenity  biking  (bunk bed)

??                 Toymaker biking  (bunk bed)
??                  Buck Ryca  (private room, tent or bunk bed)

We have ?? question marks ??  because some folks haven't checked in to say what they are planning on doing and when they are arriving.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #666 - 04/12/12 at 08:28:19

BuckRYCA wrote on 04/12/12 at 06:45:41:
Going to put myself on the Maybe list. Too much going on to commit. If I do show, I'll let you know, so I can be at the right place/right time. As for rooming, I'll get a room by myself (I snore) or tent.

I don't  care if you snore. I can sleep with earplugs if someone is snoring loudly. I'm used to camping with my brother and he snores like crazy.

AL

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #667 - 04/12/12 at 08:28:56

Now it is time to start making the West Coasters drool -- what do you want to go do this time?

Me, I want to go get a couple of 3" Muskrat pocket knifes from the SMOKY MOUNTAIN KNIFE STORE (world's biggest knife store)

They have knives of EVERY sort fancy to inexpensive, this one is $9 but they have $90 fancy brand names and they actually have a few damascus steel bladed knives for less than $20 as well.

http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/products/Muskrat/Rough+Rider%26%23153%3B...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #668 - 04/12/12 at 09:16:22

OK, I'm droolin'

You can make me a gift of a damascus skean dhu or boot knife anytime   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #669 - 04/12/12 at 09:17:38

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 04/12/12 at 08:28:56:

Now it is time to start making the West Coasters drool -- what do you want to go do this time?

Me, I want to go get a couple of 3" Muskrat pocket knifes from the SMOKY MOUNTAIN KNIFE STORE (world's biggest knife store)

We went there last year. really cool place. I look forward to going back.

And to clarify, I'm arriving on wed afternoon and leaving sun morning. Same schedule as the last two years. If I  miss a couple rides early in the week, then I'll just make them up on the weekend after all you crazy people go home.
AL

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #670 - 04/12/12 at 13:22:20

Speaking up for them crazy people,  we will be there to help you unload your bike when you arrive.   You can't fool us, we know you will have been up at Shiloh and running around in them beautiful Virginia mountains for at least one day on your way down.

Now, think for a moment about poor Bill Young -- you see I will have been behaving like a normal person for two full days (Saturday and Sunday) letting him have the lead as he searches the Asheville area for his old homesteads and old schools and such ....  

He will think his cute little Honda 550 is quite the thing as we motor around Asheville and the suburbs.   I will "valiantly struggle to keep up" and I will keep my grin on and my hand totally quiet until we meet up with the other guys.  Heck, I will take lots of pictures of the places we go and stuff like that to keep myself occupied.

I will even let big fat juicy Hurleys pass us because we are going soooo slooooow over in the right hand lane ....    Grin   Grin   Grin

Then we will meet up with the guys.  You know, the guys -- BigZuk, Oldfeller, MMRanch, Lancer, Serenity and Bill Young, novice newbie Dragoneer.  By then I will be all relaxed and ready to romp ....

Do you think Bill will carry back some interesting memories from this trip?   He is riding the precursor to the 600cc Honda repli-racers, you know, light, fast, agile.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #671 - 04/12/12 at 13:44:08

OK, more West Coast drool time ....

The worlds best knife store has exotic blade materials too.   This is a $12.99 titanium bladed knife.   Not TiN coated, mind you, titanium blade material.

and for those who like Damascus steel, $12.99 buys you this Damascus beauty.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #672 - 04/12/12 at 16:43:20

This year, we go to Nowhere -- and we don't stop at the mouth of the tunnel either.

They say if you go inside there is a small white light at the end of the tunnel, and if you just keep on going it will get closer and brighter and brighter until it all opens up and you can see the ........

Smiley

(Hey, ya actually gotta go on the trip to know fer shure)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #673 - 04/13/12 at 05:24:38

There is an old knife maker here in Branson, Mo. who makes some mighty fine blades, some of which are Damascus steel.  He can pull back and slam the point into a 55 gal. steel drum and then use a small sledge to hammer it down the side of the drum a couple extra inches with nary a nick on the blade anywhere.  Then he clamps it in a vice with the blade up, then takes the sledge and wacks the side of the blade...the sledge just bounced back, the blade not broken or bent.

I put an 8" blade on lay-a-way for myself for Christmas  Cheesy
It will take me that long to pay for it, but it is a "once in a lifetime blade" to own...and it will last a lifetime+.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #674 - 04/14/12 at 21:35:56

Awww

Ain't nothing women like better than a Man who has a favorite kitchen knife and knows how to use it !

Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 60
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:25:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.