Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 60
Send Topic Print
2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1) (Read 11339 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: 2011 Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #495 - 09/25/11 at 20:46:18

http://us.f1805.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?clean=0&fid=Inbox&mid=1_8719_AG8Pw...

If this works , I'll be supprised !

It should be our cutest member ....  No not Zuke  ....  the little one in the jacket !

If anyone know how to get this picture to come up easier it woin't hurt my feelings any for ya to fix it.

Or better yet I can forward the email to ya and you can post it.

enjoy

The Harley is in my shop waiting for the foot-pegs to get de-burred , and I'm thinking the primary chain has serious injurys.  I'll get the cover off sometime and report back.

The trip home was overcast and cool , over I 40 where the Custom-Roaderster shines (easying along at 80 and 85 mph , 4.5 gal tank , 55 mpg.).   Only took a tank and a half to get home.

Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #496 - 09/26/11 at 07:10:37

Well, think about it -- for 4 days you did nothing but go from full-on hard acceleration in the lower gears to full-on engine deceleration in the same or a lower gear.  

You did this thousands and thousands of times ....

I can't think of anything that would stress your primary engine to transmission HiVo chain any more than that.   You beat your poor Hurley to death trying to keep up with them puny miserable little pittyful grandma sickles ...

Your gear oil in that primary case needs to be changed, for sure.   If you can get it to quit slapping, go ahead and sell it next spring -- the slapping issue is gonna come back and get right expensive 'cause them primary chains don't come cheap.

Me, let me show you the only thing that my Savage desperately required when I returned home -- nothing mechanical mind you (other than a little adder of motor oil in the gearcase) but a desperate need according to my wife none the less !!

(my wife mentioned it to me just as soon as she went out into the garage).

Complete De-Possumification

Pics that follow show the need in increasing order, so you can see the general filth and mentally separate it from the hard wormy possum guts and the dried thick possum yuck ....

BEFORE

The possum guts were a fair amount larger looking when they were still fresh, but they have dried out and shriveled up pretty much into hard wormy looking things in these pics -- still were pretty fragrant though which is why my wife insisted I go give my bike a bath if I was gonna leave it in the garage ....    

Me, I'd a thought they'd have washed off in all the rain and road spray, so I thought nothing of it until she took me to task over the "bad smell" out in the garage.

(I also caught her sniffing & checking out my pants legs on the pants that I wore too -- she wanted to wash them again if they needed it.   I think she washed all my trip clothes again, on GP.
Turns out my shoes, they really did need it.)

AFTER WASHING

Grin   that wuz one heck of a trip, lemme tell ya ....   dem durn possums, they pops like water balloons and sprays yuck all over the place when you hit them a going that durn fast !!

And here is a set of cute possum, chipmunk, and squirrel  pics, so we can get the proper amount of cute credit for what all we ran over while on the trip.

« Last Edit: 09/28/11 at 10:09:28 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #497 - 09/26/11 at 10:00:29

I just have to say that although she may not be as pretty as the Suzuki Princess, that little MinPin of Zuk's is totally adorable!  Of course, I'm a bit biased as I have a male MinPin that I have had for 12+ years.  He's my bestest buddy in the world.    

And OF - only cuz its a humongous pet peeve of mine, I must point out that the Miniature Pinscher is NOT a Miniature Doberman.  Although they look similar, the MinPin was around many years BEFORE the Doberman.  Actually, the Doberman was bred with the MinPin in mind, only on a larger scale.  MinPin's were known for their fearlessness and loyalty.  Awesome dogs.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #498 - 09/26/11 at 10:08:16

Actually, Zuk gave me the exact same lecture and even told me the breeds that were crossed to get the minpin -- I told him it looked like a minature dobie and when alerted it acted like a miniature dobie, so I would continue to think about it as a miniature dobie.

But it was shocking/amazing to find the little girl instantly all the way up standing on my shoulder blades licking out my ear with its little stub tail jest a wagging ....  she had hit first on my butt and had boosted herself on up the rest of the way with a quick scrabble.   Climbed me like a tree she did.

The Dobie-ism thing also served to remind myself to treat the little girl well, or it might jest jump up there with another purpose in mind and I'm not sure you would be fast enough to stop her from sinking those not so small fangs into your jugular ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #499 - 09/27/11 at 05:25:18

Oldfeller, thanks for the great report on the trip! A vicarious vacation for me! Wink

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #500 - 09/28/11 at 16:44:26

Oldfeller, pics from National Geographic don't count.  Wink
I am sure your wife wanted to scrub you down with
tomato juice and probably should have.. Grin Grin
Tell her to add vinegar to the wash, it cuts the odors
and actually helps lifts the stains as well...
Again your ride and report was great. Your an awesome
reporter.. Kudos for that. I really enjoyed reading all
about the adventure you guys had. It is nice that your
all able to do that. Take care, hugs Smiley kim

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #501 - 09/29/11 at 05:33:15

National Geographic was the only one with a pre-flattened but totally bloodless semi-cute squirrel that I could find.  

The real flattened squirrels, balled up chipmunks and exploded possums aren't so cute looking (or smelling) ....

Funny you should mention the skunk treatments, my pants are back in the washer again because they were "stinking up the closet" .....

I never smelled them, even when I wuz wearing them, but all women know that men have no sense of smell compared to a woman's -- and this is true thing I guess.

Mebbe the skunk is in her mind -- since we never saw or ran over any skunks.    Possum, skunk, same thing to some women -- evil smelling critter type thang that has clothes cooties all over it ....

Roll Eyes

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Bigzuk

Kodak Tn
Reply #502 - 09/29/11 at 19:54:13

MMR,
Can you get this pic of Sassy on here?
I would like to see it, but don't want to get set up with Yahoo just for that.

Glad to see your Hardly get you home ok Smiley

Thanks,
Bigzuk

Love my Savage !
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #503 - 09/29/11 at 20:23:43

BigZuk, if you can attach it to a PM to me I can get it posted.    MM has some access issues getting stuff up on the net.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Blvd1960
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SE CA Desert
Reply #504 - 09/30/11 at 08:08:43

OF, TG here, new to the site.
Can you give your thinking about windshields, I noticed you ride at good speeds but don't have one on your Savage.
Thanks

2008 S40 stock
Blvd1960   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #505 - 09/30/11 at 13:19:31

I had a windshield on on my touring bike, but I sold it.

This isn't touring ....   we hunt down the nastiest roads on the East Coast and then run over whatever we find there on two wheels, 4 wheels (or 4 paws as the case may be).

MMRanch has a windshield on his Sportster and he had on on his Savage at one point in time,  BigZuk had a windshield on his Savage too  -- ask them about it.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #506 - 10/03/11 at 08:34:16

I started with the " Memphis shield" stuff, and now have 3 of them all different sizes for different weather conditions.   They switch SUPPER  EASY  ,  also the "no shield" option is just as easy.    

Look on ebay...   sometimes the prices are just as easy as the shield are.

My Savage set=up gets along with a 17" high shield just right, but standard shocks might get along with a 15" .  ????

I'm 5'11" ,  12" shocks and a Harley soft-tail seat(wide and comfey).

Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #507 - 10/03/11 at 23:17:18

Anyone interested in Going to Americade in 2012, in Lake George, NY? There are some great mountain roads up in the Adirondacks, perfect for a squadron of Savages/s40s flying a series of sorties around the lake and up in the mountains.

IP Logged
Blvd1960
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SE CA Desert
Reply #508 - 10/04/11 at 16:14:47

MMRanch wrote on 10/03/11 at 08:34:16:
I started with the " Memphis shield" stuff, and now have 3 of them all different sizes for different weather conditions.   They switch SUPPER  EASY  ,  also the "no shield" option is just as easy.    

Look on ebay...   sometimes the prices are just as easy as the shield are.

My Savage set=up gets along with a 17" high shield just right, but standard shocks might get along with a 15" .  ????

I'm 5'11" ,  12" shocks and a Harley soft-tail seat(wide and comfey).

Cool

OK, gonna check it out. Thanks, MM

2008 S40 stock
Blvd1960   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #509 - 10/08/11 at 13:16:48

Well guys I found out what the Harleys malfunction was.   The drive sprocket for the primary chain had worked loose. At idle it was making a heack of a racket by time I got home.  It seemed like as long as I kept the presure on the drive-line it was quiet.  So I crused at 85 on the interstate as much as I could.

I just put some "Med" locktight on it and torked it up to 110 lbs. (7/8" fine thread).   After thinking about the noise part .... it been a little loose as long as I've had it.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 60
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:18:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.