Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 60
Send Topic Print
2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1) (Read 11339 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: 2011 Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #435 - 08/29/11 at 09:57:25

Since we are closer in on this one we can judge the general weather patterns in the place we are going using these tools.   And, as you can see the summer thunderstorms are easing off a bit as fall comes on.

This is Linville Falls, Day #1

http://www.accuweather.com/us/nc/linville-falls/28647/forecast-details.asp?fd...

This is Canton/Cruso, Day #2

http://www.accuweather.com/us/nc/canton/28716/forecast-details.asp?fday=11

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #436 - 08/29/11 at 10:00:35

Okay, I'm payin' attenshun. I need to check and see what my vacation time balance looks like. Might be up for an overnighter in the Mt. Mitchell area.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #437 - 08/29/11 at 10:49:28

Oldfeller I'm having trouble getting PM's out but I'm subscribed to the thread. Still having problems with mine and my wifes health situation but I'll be there if I can. My wife overdid it last week, Serenity knows all about it LOL. She's back to being an invilid for a few days. I'm laughing because she overdid with our new grandson. While I'm rambling Preacher Mike lives in Washington NC, one of the hardest area's the storm hit. I remembered this morning I had his ph# somewhere. I found it and talked to him this morning. He and his family are OK. He has missing shingles and now leaks to deal with. Had broken limbs in his yard but other than that he's got a lot to be thankful for. Now he's busy helping his neighbors out.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #438 - 08/29/11 at 12:16:16

Midnight,

When you PM or talk to Preacher Mike again ask him if he wants to go.

We will be staying inside in a cabin with 3 beds and tons of floor space on the first night.    Second night we will be in 2 man cabins.  

Or vice versa depending on if we want to go see Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum as it is only open on Fri-Mon and we would have to hit it on Monday (the first day out) or not get there at all again on this trip.

We are still early -- order of things depends on who is going after all.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #439 - 08/29/11 at 12:47:45

His power came back on this morning. He has internet service but right now its only dial up. He'll get full internet service restored soon I hope. If it isnt I'll call him.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #440 - 08/31/11 at 20:37:40

Well, got my vacation approved for week of the 19-23.  One obstacle out of the way ....

Weather is looking good so far .....

This is Linville Falls, Day #1

http://www.accuweather.com/us/nc/linville-falls/28647/forecast-details.asp?fd...

This is Canton/Cruso, Day #2

http://www.accuweather.com/us/nc/canton/28716/forecast-details.asp?fday=11

I guess we need to decide if we are going to Wheels Through Time or not on Monday.  

Personally, never been but I could live without it if it makes the trip all "out of balance"  for everyone else.

But we need to call the shot as the cabin reservations all flow from that decision.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #441 - 08/31/11 at 22:00:39

WORKING ON MY PERMIT SLIP NOW !

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Driller

Really
"Zooked"
up

Tryon, NC
Reply #442 - 09/02/11 at 18:48:18

I'm watching this. Hopefully I can get out and join you.
Need to spoon a new rear tire on next week.
Cheers!
Mike

O.F.R.A.T. Old F##t Riding Any Time
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #443 - 09/03/11 at 13:26:29

Roll Call

Who is going ???

We need to get specific about whats and wheres and where we go first.

Throw out that you are going and what you see us doing first.

Wheels through Time is only open on Fridays-Mondays and somebody had better check to make durn sure it is open on Monday Sept 19th if we plan to go there.

« Last Edit: 09/03/11 at 15:49:28 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #444 - 09/03/11 at 18:00:21

If it ain't raining.  I plan to leave monday morning -+  10 ish ,,,  get to Wheel through time about 2:30 ish  ....  and be ready for a nice Walk-a-bout trough time !

Those Motel rates trough the week are a lot more agreable.  

Chompping at the bit and ready to take a ride.!!!

Cheesy

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #445 - 09/03/11 at 21:37:07

Wheels Through Time is open Monday Sept 19th from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM.   Meeting there at 2:30PM gives us 2.5 hours to go through the museum, which is likely more than enough time.
Cost for the Museum is $12-$13 for each adult.

Speak up folks, if you are coming.

Next step is reservations and your name needs to be in the pot for that to work out well.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #446 - 09/04/11 at 05:56:53

From Wheels Through Time we can go north or south for a place to stay the night.

Go south for 22 miles & stay at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground in a $45 cabin.   The cabins have heaters and you will need them.   We both know this place, so no explanation is necessary.   South leads over to Dragon country and we know that area pretty well too.

Go north for 44 miles and stay at Gatlinburg at a 2 star motel that cost $45 a night.   2 star hotel = run down fleabag, but it has a toilet and a shower in the room (no taking a walk in the chill to take a crap when you wake up in the night).   Click on the link below to take a look at the fleabag hotel.   NOTE THAT THE FLEABAG FEEDS YOU BREAKFAST FOR FREE.

http://www.hotel-rates.com/hot/property?hotelId=220413&name=River+Edge+Motor+...

So, the cost is the exact same either way.    Gatlinburg has a ton of stuff to do in it and we then could loop up into Tennessee and see some new "never before seen roads" then head back down to hit Little Switzerland on the far side of Ashboro to tee up the Diamondback and Mount Mitchell.   This Tennessee loop excursion might take a day to do, who knows?   If we wanna go that way I'll be looking at things to do up there inTennessee.

It is a Wanderjar, a Walkabout, an Adventure ...   Relax time spent away from the family.

This would put us meeting up Wednesday with Serenity and whoever else just wanted to do Little Switzerland, Mount Mitchell and the Diamondback. We could meet at a decided upon spot on Wednesday for the shorter 1 day thing they were interested in doing, since they can either overnight or truck it on back home as the mood moves them since they live nearby.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #447 - 09/04/11 at 07:04:04

Hay OldFeller

That sounds good so far  ;   I usually go for the Free breakfast too.   That  dip into Tennessee sounds good too.  

I was kinda picturing a "Exploring Adventure"  walking more that 3 or 4 hundred yards gets me to remembering why I medically retired a couple years ago .    If we go to the top of Mt.Mitchel  , then thats far enough walk for me.

Serenity you meeting up with us Wensday ?

Shocked

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #448 - 09/04/11 at 09:28:30

Hotwire claims they can put us in a "Gatlinburg area hotel" for $29 a night, but they won't give us a name for the place until we book it (but they say it will be within 22 miles of city center).

Price is certainly nice, but are we up for that much of a pig in the polk adventure?

Here's the after action report .....

"And then the rats woke us both up -- they was a crunching on them ugly nasty 2" long cockroaches we had noted earlier .

The entire herd of cockroaches wuz a running up the walls and the ceilings jest a chittering away and the rats where squealing & chasing them down and eating them alive (more grunting and guttural scrunchin' munchin' sounds).   It wuz hideous, really it was.

Oldfeller slept in the tub with it filled to the top with water jest to keep the sea of moving critters off him ...   MMRanch rolled up in his sleeping bag and sealed his flaps jest trying to keep them off his face."

Cheesy

Mebbe I should bring the bb machine gun, huh?

« Last Edit: 09/04/11 at 16:59:20 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #449 - 09/04/11 at 19:36:21

uaaaa

Why doin't we make "HotWire" promise at least  two stars on the motel ?

Here is a question I ponder .....   would a motel that wasn't at least a little good be dealing with Hotwire ? Huh

You can bring the BB gun if I can bring my 6 mm  air soft.  

Lazy afternoons rolling gravel with my 177 pellet is a plesant thing to do.   But some people tend to get nervous at just the sight of a gun.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 60
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:20:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.