Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 60
Send Topic Print
2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1) (Read 11339 times)
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: 2011 Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #330 - 07/11/11 at 13:20:38

MMRanch wrote on 07/08/11 at 20:43:45:

Baby Hog

We built a fire in the pit one night  and a couple army guys built it the next.   We Cooked out at least three time : Corn on the cob + in the shuck , BBQ Chicken Breast , Boneless Pork Chops , and Pork Steaks  and of course  Baked Beans , Some of the Best AppleSauce I've ever had ,  Potato Salad ,  excuse me I have to go to the Kitchen .....

Tongue

I love cooking corn in the shuck, and all that stuff sounds great (I'll skip the baked beans though..)  I love the riding, of course, but to make a trip like that, I'd have to know that I was gonna enjoy the company too.  And as little as I am, I gotta be fed (and "watered"), so it all sounds good to me.  I'm gonna make it next year....   Smiley 

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #331 - 07/11/11 at 13:28:27

Well Toymaker  .......  If your not riding a Savage then I'm riding the Sportster and OldFeller will just have to runnoft and leave both of us!.

Smiley

Come on and I'll buy you a BBQ plate.  What kinda date can you do?
Tongue

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #332 - 07/11/11 at 19:17:56

Looking at first week in August...but definately nothin' after the 17th....got to get ready for them scroolchildrens.

Because I can!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #333 - 07/11/11 at 22:18:37

HOT DOG Guys

Looks like Me and ToyMaker are going out for BBQ the first part of August (if it's  OK   with the  misses ).

Hay ToyMaker does it matter what day(s)  of the week it is ?  Week days are better from my prespective ,  but it doesn't matter a lot.

We did a ride called  " a full day of twistes"  off one of the Roads and Rides web sights.   Well it was 4 of July week-end and the South-East corner of the ride has a BBQ place that Al from NH bought us lunch at.   After lunch we took hwy 176 north and met a lot of traffic.  Come to find out hwy 176 is the dump for the southern end of the parkway , its also one twistiee road !    Good road to head North on in the afternoon , not a good place to go south on late in the day.

Smiley

Anybody else interested ?

BabyHog  ,   get hubby to come with ya and come on.

I'm thinking one night at the Dragon proper .... Full day of twisties .... second night at  MotorCycle Only CampGround just north of southern end of Parkway  ......   then a half-day ride up to Mt. Mitchel and down hwy 80 that OldFeller and Lancer found last year  .... that takes us somewhere around Marion NC. in the middle of the afternoon .... ????

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #334 - 07/12/11 at 05:37:40

Need dates to ask off for -- you guys fine it on down to some Monday/Tuesday date to get started and I am good for the rest of that week through the following Friday AM (if they will let me take the time off that is).

You do realize you are only talking 3 weeks out don't you?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #335 - 07/12/11 at 21:13:51

You do realize you are only talking 3 weeks out don't you?

I'll be lucky to get a THREE day trip this time.   I'm the cook for the family and they almost starved while I was gone in June for a week.

So OldFeller your talking about   ride to Dragon Monday and leave Friday AM.

Undecided

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #336 - 07/13/11 at 05:58:19

I am trying to get you guys to spit on the 3 days you want to meet on during that week.

How about Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday?

That gives me a day to get up there and a day to get back

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #337 - 07/13/11 at 07:12:49

OldFeller

Tuesday - Thursday sounds good to me ,

Ride all day , Cook-out for supper , then campfire and relaxing ....  sounds like good therpy to me !

We can juggle "Which Week" ,  any Dry peroid is ok wiht me ...

Cheesy

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #338 - 07/13/11 at 08:15:26

For Toymaker it has to be the first week of August -- he has to go back to have his string of pre-session teacher's meetings the very next week.

So we are meeting on August the Second -- where?

Deal's Gap Lodge?

The 3 of us can stay in one small room at Deal's Gap for the first night, then roll elsewhere as needed.  

The little cabins at the biker only place at Crusoe are nice, and it has a good central location and is closer to restaurants than Deal's Gap Lodge is.   Spend 2 nights there?

I will go ahead and try to get vacation lined up -- early is better on that item as they are following their sign up calender religiously now.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #339 - 07/13/11 at 08:22:16

go for it buddy !!

being a week day places to stay are no problem , and rates arn't either ...

If we get enough to show-up we can get the big room .  

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #340 - 07/13/11 at 13:30:57

Who else is talking about coming?

Speak up, speak up, speak up -- it is time to reserve a room and we need to know who and how many.

(or it will be time as soon as I confirm vacation at work)

I figured I'd reserve and pay for the first night at Deals Gap Lodge just to tie it down good, then somebody else could handle paying for day two and day 3 and you are right, them little cabins were mostly empty the whole time we were there and everyplace up there is cheaper than Deals Gap Lodge.

If it is as bleeding hot like it has been lately, we may want us an AC'd hotel room and a swimming pool each night  (such stuff is available everywhere our wheels turn apart from right up at the Gap itself)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #341 - 07/13/11 at 13:40:31

As much as I would like to make it, I won't be able to do it.  I've had MY vacation.  Now the rest of the family has THEIR vacation coming up that week.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #342 - 07/14/11 at 04:25:11

Sorry you can't make it Serenity. ,   We'll miss ya !

I've go to get the Family out for a week befor the month is out so I can go.    

Its a good thing  the cost of a three day MotorCycle cruse doin't cost much !

Smiley

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #343 - 07/14/11 at 05:39:34

This is true -- when you split the hotel multiple ways the entire day can cost less than $50 complete with meals.   Gas is separate from that of course, it gets mixed into the Visa bill and becomes "anonymous gas charges".  

Wink

Well, no Ryca boys have signed up yet -- I was a lookin' forward to getting my butt kicked on the straightaways by a KawaSportster and getting left in the curvies by a Ryca or two.

Such is life, now it will be a good old poky slow cruise lookin' fer them obscure little black lines whut goes over the tops of mountains.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #344 - 07/14/11 at 18:37:33

Let's put together our "Points of Intrest"

Two of mine are Mt.Mitchal and NC. Hwy 80

Lancer your retired ,,, you up for a little  ride-a-bout ?

Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 60
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:20:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.