Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 60
Send Topic Print
2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1) (Read 11339 times)
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Re: 2011 Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #135 - 04/12/11 at 10:17:20

I'll be getting there Wed and will be leaving Sun morning. Thats 4 nights. So as long as I have a bed, I don't care if it's in a room or apartment. Whatever we have enough people for.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #136 - 04/12/11 at 16:17:22

That is my plan too.

T

Because I can!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #137 - 04/13/11 at 07:37:47

Al and Toymaker are showing up Wednesday and are getting a room.

MMRanch's brother in law is needing a bed, so he could be the third on the last couple of days.

Something else will change, it always does -- but pending that you have one room rented on Wednesday that can meet all the bed needs that we have firmly as stated by the group so far.

One of you Wednesday guys can call ahead and reserve a room for Wednesday, that minimizes your risk as you know the two of you will be there and you will likely pick up a third a few days later.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #138 - 04/13/11 at 08:10:00

ALfromNH and Toymaker

Ya'll are on your own for Wensday and Thursday.   I'll call right now to reserve a apartment for
Friday and Saturday.    I'll need two spaces of the 5  and  am OK with squezing some sleeping bag room .

Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #139 - 04/15/11 at 20:36:15

Buk Zuk  

You tell YamaKid we need him along to keep you on the safe side !   I thought It was GREAT having the next gereration of riders  allready showing up.  I've got a 14 yr.old I hope to bring in a few years.   Let him know at least some of us will miss him if he doin't show.

I've invited my wife to join in the fun but she's a bit on the soft side for "all day rides".

That old wiskey run road  ????
We have got to start workiing on a map of "PLACES TO GO AND THINGS TO SEE".    

One of the places I'd like to go is the cades cove road (it just looks inviting) and I doin't care about going into the builtmore but a ride by would be nice (mabby a top of the hill break looking down into it.)  and for sure """"MT MITCHELL"""'   even if I have to bring an extra gallon of gas in my back-box. or better yet come up hy 80 from marrion with a full tank to start with.

Anybody else have a point of interest to put on the map ?

Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #140 - 04/15/11 at 21:53:06

OK, I'm coming if hell don't freeze over.

Planning on arriving sunday, meeting up with lancer and flying out saturday.

What we do inbetween... only the mountain knows.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #141 - 04/16/11 at 06:08:16

Is it true that mountains are like elephants ?  that they never forget ?
hmmmm.

there is an advantage to being stealthy.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #142 - 04/16/11 at 17:09:30

Hay Guys

The apartments  gone !   I've got a room reserved for friday and saturday (1st+2nd).    one set of bunks and one queen.   I'll split the queen with brother and whoever needs the bunks can help pay the rent

I hope to get there Wensday afternoon and campground a few days .

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #143 - 04/17/11 at 08:51:11

Shocked    Grin   Cool  Roll Eyes    Cheesy   Wink

Early crew (Lancer and Verslagen and MMRanch and Big Zuk) would we mebbe be willing to roll around some and then show up at the Gap Lodge on Wednesday?  Spending a whole week at the Dragon might get sorta same-same .... ??

We found neat places to stay and neat things to do while rolling from place to place, it was always different and new and fun.

I know Big Zuk and MMRanch live up there and know LOTS of neat little nookie sorts of places to go roll by and visit.

The only fixed spot needed would be a firm meeting place for the first night which sounds kinda like ?Monday? night from what folks are saying now.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #144 - 04/18/11 at 03:37:59

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 04/17/11 at 08:51:11:

Shocked    Grin   Cool  Roll Eyes    Cheesy   Wink

Early crew (Lancer and Verslagen and MMRanch and Big Zuk) would we mebbe be willing to roll around some and then show up at the Gap Lodge on Wednesday?  Spending a whole week at the Dragon might get sorta same-same .... ??

We found neat places to stay and neat things to do while rolling from place to place, it was always different and new and fun.

I know Big Zuk and MMRanch live up there and know LOTS of neat little nookie sorts of places to go roll by and visit.

The only fixed spot needed would be a firm meeting place for the first night which sounds kinda like ?Monday? night from what folks are saying now.

I don't care where I stay when it comes to lay my head down at night as long as it is comfy, has a/c and will handle me needs.  
This year I may need to be in a stable location for my physical needs.
Just not sure yet how good I'm gonna be  when it comes to physical form.                        

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #145 - 04/18/11 at 03:42:37

Whups, AC .....

None of the neat little places have AC, only the nicer places like Deal's Gap Lodge.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #146 - 04/18/11 at 08:29:59

Just not sure yet how good I'm gonna be  when it comes to physical form

Odds are the only Ladies we'll see will be on the road anyway ?

I was just looking at the area map ,  There is a northern return from TellicoPlains back to Deals Gap.   I'd like to make the round from Dragon Central , Skyway to TellicoPlains , 360 north , 72 east , 129 north of Deals gap , get some groceries and "Beverages" on the last leg and cook some meat on the grill when we get back.  I'll buy charcol this time.    

Can I get a second on any of that ?

Huh

Mike .  I'm thinking nice easy , gentle , pleasure cruse !    You know "Just a little more that Harley Speed".   Grin

OFeller what day are you staying till ?

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #147 - 04/19/11 at 10:21:49

They still haven't shown me the sign up calender, but I have word from an earlier reviewer that the days I wanted are gone already.

I would have to pull out Friday morning early in any case since I will be riding the bike up and back.  

If I can buy/bribe the days off, I will be up to the first night meeting place by dark on the meeting day.   I don't think we can firm that day up until Lancer and Verslagen can spit on their arrival day.

My "fighting to get off zone" is Monday evening through Friday AM.  I will likely be so unsettled as to being able to get off that I'll be begging tent room from somebody for the days I actually am able to wrangle.

Plus, if we are gonna go all pokey slow on this trip, then I may ride the purple people eater as it has bigger saddle bags and it would keep me from killing some more hurleys as it can't go around corners as fast as a Savage can.   Plus the 350 mile tank range means I won't be crying "stop for gas" all the time.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #148 - 04/19/11 at 10:29:25

What kind of bike is the purple people eater?

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #149 - 04/19/11 at 13:17:38

350 mile range makes me drooooooooool !!

My Srortster has a 4.5 gal that makes it 250 mile.  I'll bring the Savage ,  but I might hide a quart of gas in the saddle bag.  They both get 50 to 55 mpg. most of the time.

I should have extra tent room Wensday and Thursday ,  My plans mirror AL and ToyMaker to the most part.

Those NC. roads sure are FUN to ride !

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 60
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:19:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2012 Tail of the Dragon Trip  (6/25-7/1)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.