Stock wind shield mod. (Read 111 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Stock wind shield mod.
12/13/10 at 14:44:53

I had a thought to raise the stock wind shield up by drilling two more holes lower down in the Plexiglas and using the existing bottom two and the new holes lower down on the stock brackets. The reason for this is at speed the slipstream hits me right in the glasses, causing them to jump around on my face. It also hits the helmet just under the visor and tries to push it back on my head. I don't want a wider one.
Can anyone think of any problems with doing this? Undecided

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
ero4444

weekender

Re: Stock wind shield mod.
Reply #1 - 12/13/10 at 14:50:17

you should be able to adjust the angle with the existing mounts.

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #2 - 12/13/10 at 15:21:10

Not on the stock, you can't.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #3 - 12/13/10 at 15:34:08

You will get a blast of air lower on you,The real answer is a bigger  windshield.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 12/14/10 at 06:17:16

odman, not sure which shield you have, but the Spitfire on mine probably couldn't stand the pressure of lower holes. It would probably crack because of more leverage from the wind pushing on a higher balance point. It is recommended that the shield be on top of the headlight to prevent "flutter". Mine didn't at 2" above the light, but it works better the lower you put it. You may need a taller shield. We all have different preferences and comfort zones.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #5 - 12/14/10 at 08:08:20

I didn't know these came with a stock windshield?  
I have a Spitfire also, and I'm with Boofer, I don't think it could handle holes in a different spot, unless you make some kind of brace on the inside of the shield.  Try adjusting the angle first...

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #6 - 12/14/10 at 10:14:29

I raised my windshield up so that the wind was going over my head, and it developed a really nasty speed wobble at about 75mph.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 12/14/10 at 12:34:05

Greenmonster: was it the Suzuki windshield you raised?

IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #8 - 12/14/10 at 12:36:11

It was a Road Krome or something like that. I don't have it on anymore. Though it is getting to be sub zero in the morning so I'll probably dig it out soon.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 13:34:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stock wind shield mod.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.